2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

1 hour ago, Booch said:

thing is too...Evans isnt a free agent....so they would have to trade for him...and Sask being desperate Ham can right rape em'....that being said Ham may want some stability/insurance behind Mitchell....so a restructure of Evans could be done, or they just make it work...Evans may want to stay there and get back into the tandem thing like before...and maybe learn how to be a pro from BLM as opposed to going to Sask and that shitshow of a joke right now...conceivably the Riders could be trotting out a Shiltz/Faj combo...or a Shiltz/Fine combo...either of which would be just glorious hahaha...cause really...what else is there now for them??

With Evans' state of mind being as fragile as it appeared to be on several occasions this past season, getting pummelled again and again behind that set of turnstiles in Regina, he will be in big trouble. If he's on the meds I think he is, physical stress and pain plus the mental distress over having to dump or run for his life every play will play havoc with his confidence and focus.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

So does this mean Dane Evans in Saskatchewan then?    

Ssk fans think so. I see a few other teams that could be after him. 

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

when you desperate tho...u overpay...and why woud they release him...they can keep him right through camp with no hit really to the cap other than if he has a bonus...but it would have prob been paid out already in Jan...so really....no reason to release, and what if BLM gets hurt in camp?...be ultra dumb to cut him free when u control him right now...and u know there is a desperate team...and one that is prob dying to try an appease its fan base 

Some one will give up a first for him. Ssk, edm, first team with a qb to get hurt, etc. 

40 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Not to ruin everyones fun on here....  any chance the Riders throw money at Strev?  

I doubt the NFL would react kindly to CFL teams attempting to sign players that are under contract in their league.

49 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think Evans takes a backup spot and waits for a team that has a chance of being better. 

Soooo...basically anyone else.

Wow....this really was the Riders only hope at having any kind of a chance at a winning record this year. Hear me out before laughing. With BLM, there could have been an outside chance he would inspire and bring a path to a winning culture. Yes, I know he would have got killed behind that OL. Really so will anyone else that the Riders could sign. Harris...dead....Evans...dead. All you really got is a hope and a prayer at BLM, and that he brings a culture change with him. That dream is now dead...and so is their season. Sankey, Lanier, Dean...they all waited to see if maybe BLM was coming and now that he is not I would be shocked if they don't go to FA...unless of course the Riders massively overpay. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

thing is too...Evans isnt a free agent....so they would have to trade for him...and Sask being desperate Ham can right rape em'....that being said Ham may want some stability/insurance behind Mitchell....so a restructure of Evans could be done, or they just make it work...Evans may want to stay there and get back into the tandem thing like before...and maybe learn how to be a pro from BLM as opposed to going to Sask and that shitshow of a joke right now...conceivably the Riders could be trotting out a Shiltz/Faj combo...or a Shiltz/Fine combo...either of which would be just glorious hahaha...cause really...what else is there now for them??

The Ti-Cats should be well set with Shiltz at backup, when healthy he is competent and cheap much like Dru Brown, plus Steinauer isn't the type to deny a player a better career opportunity.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Ti-Cats should be well set with Shiltz at backup, when healthy he is competent and cheap much like Dru Brown, plus Steinauer isn't the type to deny a player a better career opportunity.

If Hamilton really wants to do right by Evans they trade him and not release him. I am positive that Evans would be OK with that because he wants his current contract in place at his new destination.

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If Hamilton really wants to do right by Evans they trade him and not release him. I am positive that Evans would be OK with that because he wants his current contract in place at his new destination.

Trade yes, but that contract could limit him to only Sask. as a trading partner, so he should be willing to renegotiate.

31 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Trade yes, but that contract could limit him to only Sask. as a trading partner, so he should be willing to renegotiate.

I am sure IF Saskatchewan is willing to pay his current contract that Evans would be fine with that. If he is released, his best option at starting is still probably Saskatchewan and I don't believe they will offer him 440k. Saskatchewan desperately needs a starting QB before FA or no player will touch them with a 10 foot pole. Hamilton has all the leverage to force Saskatchewan to trade for his contract. It really is essential they have their QB in place soon.

YEAH....Ham has all the bargaining power if they choose to trade him....guarantee they won't release him...not until after TC if they do...as they are not on hook for any of his salary yet, and if he was paid a bonus for this yr, he obviously already has it...or it was paid part into 2022....not sure the structure of his deal so just speculation...Only way I see him moved before free-agency is if Sask makes a trade offer too stupid to turn down...and that prob what it will take.

Ham banking on Shitz as the defacto number 2 is a risk too....as he is kind of a injury magnet, and isn't a proven starter caliber kind of QB to hitch a wagon to....Evans...warts and all is more a guy you could rely on..as he has shown he is capable...that is if all is going well...In Sask it wont be...and I see a melt down from him....I bet he sees it too...and likely wants no part of it 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

YEAH....Ham has all the bargaining power if they choose to trade him....guarantee they won't release him...not until after TC if they do...as they are not on hook for any of his salary yet, and if he was paid a bonus for this yr, he obviously already has it...or it was paid part into 2022....not sure the structure of his deal so just speculation...Only way I see him moved before free-agency is if Sask makes a trade offer too stupid to turn down...and that prob what it will take.

Ham banking on Shitz as the defacto number 2 is a risk too....as he is kind of a injury magnet, and isn't a proven starter caliber kind of QB to hitch a wagon to....Evans...warts and all is more a guy you could rely on..as he has shown he is capable...that is if all is going well...In Sask it wont be...and I see a melt down from him....I bet he sees it too...and likely wants no part of it 

Evans contract is a hefty bonus (not sure how much) upon reporting for TC and passing his physical. Something that Andrew Harris would not sign up for last year btw and the Bombers were called oderous for asking for that provision, although it is standard in most contracts.

13 hours ago, Booch said:

I think it all depends on how Steinhauer manages the cap. The Cats may not be able to keep both Evans & Mitchell & be forced to go with either Schilz or an inexperienced young qb. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, that's a strange quote by Naylor. Half a mill in hard money & it doesn't break the bank? WTH? 

He elaborated later, suggesting that Bo could have got more had he gone to FA - so therefore the Ti-Cats got a deal/didn't break the bank/however you want to phrase it. 

13 hours ago, Booch said:

They probably don't release him, but I don't see a situation with Evans coming to camp with the Ti-Cats. They know they can't keep him for the season, and I don't think he wants to be there. A resolution will be found.