2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

27 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

His twitter is comedy gold... he's now spinning it as being a case where IF he had made it to FA, BLM would have signed with Sask. 

He says BLM told him personally that he was going to test FA so that's what he went with (apparently Ballsy isn't too familiar with sports cliches and typical athlete interview answers).  Also says he knew this was coming for over a week since he's closer to the situation than most but if you're that close to the situation, how did you get it so wrong? 

moving-goalpost.gif

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The biggest thing for me this morning is that I ******* love the anthill being kicked and we're nowhere near it. Lovely place to be. 

As far as the salary, while 500k isn't necessarily a lot for a good QB, I personally don't think Bo is a good QB anymore. He had pretty much everything you could ask for in Cgy and still looked done. His arm hasn't been the same since it got hurt in 2018/2019, and I just can't imagine it's going to miraculously be back to what it was pre-injury just because he's in Hamilton, which is arguably (inarguably??) a much worse team than Calgary was last year. 

At any rate, **** the Riders...... going to enjoy the hard "WE WANTED DANE ALL ALONG!!!" spin coming soon...

Don't forget Cody!  They really wanted him back but they wanted to see what FA could offer as well.

48 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

500 k is way too much at this point in his career for Mitchell, and with the draft picks this could be eventually considered a fleecing by Calgary down the road. Remember Hamilton has an absolutely terrible O-line he’s not going to be protected like he was in Calgary. 

There's a pretty solid LT that'll be hitting the market. So happens he has a fairly strong history with Bo.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

500 k is way too much at this point in his career for Mitchell, and with the draft picks this could be eventually considered a fleecing by Calgary down the road. Remember Hamilton has an absolutely terrible O-line he’s not going to be protected like he was in Calgary. 

Agree 100%. 

now watch edm go after Dane evans and Toronto bring back cf as a back up. 

1 hour ago, B140 said:

And in other news, Craig Dickinson says the criders need to get better 🤣

but gosh they really tried hard....practiced great all week lol

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

That is way more than I was expecting.

same...I was figuring maaaaybe 400k should be his ceiling....overpay if u ask me

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

So does this mean Dane Evans in Saskatchewan then?    

last hope for a legit starter...and he isnt legit yet....I'd laugh if he went to B.C and was a 1-2 punch with the Vaj...as that seems to be the only way his fragile psychie seems to have a half decn amount of success...knowing he isnt the "guy"

Just now, bluto said:

My immediate instinct is that of revulsion, therefore I think it is likely a solid move by the Cats.

I'm not shocked by half a Millski for a top QB. That's what you pay.

He’s not a top QB though.. maybe before his injury but in my opinion he’s a middle of the road guy at best. Curious to see what will happen, Statistically Calgary had the best o-line in the league and a good running game to keep them honest, Hamilton has neither so far. 

thing is too...Evans isnt a free agent....so they would have to trade for him...and Sask being desperate Ham can right rape em'....that being said Ham may want some stability/insurance behind Mitchell....so a restructure of Evans could be done, or they just make it work...Evans may want to stay there and get back into the tandem thing like before...and maybe learn how to be a pro from BLM as opposed to going to Sask and that shitshow of a joke right now...conceivably the Riders could be trotting out a Shiltz/Faj combo...or a Shiltz/Fine combo...either of which would be just glorious hahaha...cause really...what else is there now for them??

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is too...Evans isnt a free agent....so they would have to trade for him...and Sask being desperate Ham can right rape em'....that being said Ham may want some stability/insurance behind Mitchell....so a restructure of Evans could be done, or they just make it work...Evans may want to stay there and get back into the tandem thing like before...and maybe learn how to be a pro from BLM as opposed to going to Sask and that shitshow of a joke right now...conceivably the Riders could be trotting out a Shiltz/Faj combo...or a Shiltz/Fine combo...either of which would be just glorious hahaha...cause really...what else is there now for them??

I would expect Dane to get released. 

I don't think he's so far and away better than some other options that Sask would give away too much.

40 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I would expect Dane to get released. 

I don't think he's so far and away better than some other options that Sask would give away too much.

when you desperate tho...u overpay...and why woud they release him...they can keep him right through camp with no hit really to the cap other than if he has a bonus...but it would have prob been paid out already in Jan...so really....no reason to release, and what if BLM gets hurt in camp?...be ultra dumb to cut him free when u control him right now...and u know there is a desperate team...and one that is prob dying to try an appease its fan base