2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

On 2022-12-06 at 7:31 PM, rebusrankin said:

Apparently Fajardo has given his agent a list of teams he would be interested in playing for. Can't see the list of team interested in him being that long.

I've come into possession of the response email Fajardo received from his agent. 

address-not-found.png

Edited by Deiter Fan

16 hours ago, Stickem said:

I don't think either of these 'hot dogs' are going to be a part of this organization and are 'weiners'......Re-sign what we have as back-up UNLESS we unearth a qb. gem....then it's status quo in 23

To be frank, I wouldn’t relish either of those two guys as a back up. Neither cuts the mustard as they can’t stand the heat. Our offence would be fried to a crisp if relied on.

For what it's worth (as this was in 2017) Fajardo was a good backup/short-yardage QB for us. But then, he knew that he was never first choice if Ricky was fit to play. Maybe he's ok to be the second banana if there's an unquestioned QB1,

19 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

We basically all agreed never to let Prukop pass again, and Brown hasn't really proven anything yet.

No... I think we all agreed Prukopp should never throw a long ball on a gadget play in an important moment of a huge game in which the Bomber were on their way to winning...

16 hours ago, camper_2 said:

Let's think back, to the day when Darian Durant, was a Bomber for a short term... Crappy things happen...Now there is someone I'm glad FO... Just to keep the topic on course.... 

Do they though?... I believe Durant's departure opened up some money to sign one Mr. Adam Bighill... and allowed us to discover the Strevellation... you might argue, Darian Durant single handedly helped start this Bomber run of dominance 😁 

• Byron Archambault – Montreal Alouettes special teams coordinator and linebackers coach
  • André Bolduc – Montreal Alouettes running backs coach and assistant head coach
  • Anthony Calvillo – Montreal Alouettes quarterbacks coach
  • Jason Maas – Former offensive coordinator of the Saskatchewan Roughriders
  • Noel Thorpe – Montreal Alouettes defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Thought so too, but he's only listed as QB coach on their website 

Calvillo was complaining a few days ago about not being considered for the HC job, now all of a sudden he is, although he likely won't get it.  I'd pick Thorpe from that group.

https://3downnation.com/2022/12/04/anthony-calvillo-believes-hes-ready-to-be-cfl-head-coach-but-has-not-interviewed-for-alouettes-job/

Edited by Fatty Liver

Dru Brown was both bad and good in his tenure here, and did not make a compelling case to be retained. When the #3 QB gets more playing time than #2, that says something. If Prukop is released, I would think the Bombers will try harder to re-sign Brown, though. Maybe they have a hot prospect on the line.

I don't know why they would let Brown go after investing this much time on him. I thought he looked good, if not great, in his start against BC at the end of the year. I'd be more than happy bringing him back again as the back-up, if he wants that. Unless Strevolution is coming back to be a 1A, who else are you going to bring in as the back-up? 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Calvillo was complaining a few days ago about not being considered for the HC job, now all of a sudden he is, although he still won't get it.  I'd pick Thorpe from that group.

https://3downnation.com/2022/12/04/anthony-calvillo-believes-hes-ready-to-be-cfl-head-coach-but-has-not-interviewed-for-alouettes-job/

IMO,after what hes done in his career ,AC should at least be worthy of an interview fer crap sakes.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Dru Brown was both bad and good in his tenure here, and did not make a compelling case to be retained. When the #3 QB gets more playing time than #2, that says something. If Prukop is released, I would think the Bombers will try harder to re-sign Brown, though. Maybe they have a hot prospect on the line.

Let's all be clear about this. Prukop got more playing time because he is a gadget player. End of story. When collaros got hurt, who finished the Calgary drive? Who finished the BC game? Who started the games that didn't matter? I've heard this argument a few times and it's based on faulty logic. Brown is the replacement for Collaros should something happen, not prukop. The Bombers were fortunate to have a gadget player in prukop that could bring something different to the table. He wasn't the #2 QB because Brown is a better QB for this Offense.

Also....isn't Brown under contract until next year?

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

So they basically interviewed their own coaching staff and Jason Maas.

Don’t love the optics of firing a black coach for a perceived “lack of discipline” and then only interviewing the white staff of that same undisciplined team while adding on the least disciplined coach in recent memory.