Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Get your knee replaced!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e8811n0o4zt71ifyj2

Haven't done it yet.....BUT my old pins are really starting to give me a lot of trouble....especially on stairs....A lot of mileage and hits have finally caught up...The doc makes it sound fairly simple ....makes it sound like a cake walk BUT I'm always a little skeptical.....X-Rays show my cartilage in the knees has disappeared....Guess one day I'll have to bite the bullet

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Haven't done it yet.....BUT my old pins are really starting to give me a lot of trouble....especially on stairs....A lot of mileage and hits have finally caught up...The doc makes it sound fairly simple ....makes it sound like a cake walk BUT I'm always a little skeptical.....X-Rays show my cartilage in the knees has disappeared....Guess one day I'll have to bite the bullet

Getting older ain't for sissies.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

So because we have Bighill and Wilson back it is your belief that Walters will not look for LBers for depth and secession planning? I disagree and believe your logic is flawed on this. Last year Walters had Biggie and Wilson coming off all star level seasons, there was no urgency. This year is quite different and I expect to see more MLB/WIL Lbers in camp and on the PR this year. Who we are starting is irrelevant to that discussion. Biggie and Wilson when healthy are one of the best MACK/WIL duos in the CFL. They are aging and I expect recruitment for their future replacements has picked up steam. Just because no one emerged out of camp last year is 100% irrelevant to this year.

Knowing that Walters is always forward thinking I agree with your assessment. Dude is no dummy, he knows where the team is lacking and needs help and he rarely ever let's a situation go on forever without addressing it.

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Knowing that Walters is always forward thinking I agree with your assessment. Dude is no dummy, he knows where the team is lacking and needs help and he rarely ever let's a situation go on forever without addressing it.

For sure. We are running it back with some older vets in key positions. They are still high level playmakers. That doesn't mean that Walters is disregarding father time though. I expect recruitment for OT, MLB etc is something our scouts are keying on this year so that when these guys eventually show their age we are ready. It is absolute nonsense to suggest that time is now though. Bighill, Big Stan, Yoshi etc are all very, very good players still that have not shown they need urgent replacement....but yes they will be among the first players in our core to be replaced when it is time and that is I am 100% sure where Walters will begin putting the onus on our excellent recruiting staff to prioritize. 

On 2023-03-08 at 9:49 AM, GCn20 said:

So because we have Bighill and Wilson back it is your belief that Walters will not look for LBers for depth and secession planning? I disagree and believe your logic is flawed on this. Last year Walters had Biggie and Wilson coming off all star level seasons, there was no urgency. This year is quite different and I expect to see more MLB/WIL Lbers in camp and on the PR this year. Who we are starting is irrelevant to that discussion. Biggie and Wilson when healthy are one of the best MACK/WIL duos in the CFL. They are aging and I expect recruitment for their future replacements has picked up steam. Just because no one emerged out of camp last year is 100% irrelevant to this year.

No, because we didn’t bring any one in last year. I don’t know how you missed that point. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:56 AM, Stickem said:

It's never as good as the doctor will make it out to be. But it's still a helluva lot better than what you're going through now 

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's never as good as the doctor will make it out to be. But it's still a helluva lot better than what you're going through now 

A couple of acquaintances have had knee and hip replacements,, respectively and have been pleased with the outcomes. One other one had to have a third hip replacement because the first one squeaked (YES!) and the second one bled metals into her bloodstream.  And today the Minster of Health announced additional options for out of province procedures- it almost like there's an election looming.

Edited by Tracker

I'll give my thoughts on the subject of replacements as I had my hip replaced at age 50, the pain before the replacement was intense bone on bone with all the joint fluid gone even driving a car was painful especially going over bumps which we have an abundance of in our fare city. This is year 8 since and it's the best thing that I could of done no pain no limitations walk easily stairs a breeze and can actually run, did I mention no pain. Rehab is the most important part of getting back to where you were before the pain started. I also happen to have a pool so I did all my rehab in a pool which my Dr. said would benefit me greatly. If you're in pain whether is knee, hip or shoulder get the surgery as soon as you can for your body and mind.

On 2023-03-09 at 9:53 PM, wbbfan said:

No, because we didn’t bring any one in last year. I don’t know how you missed that point. 

I didn't miss anything. Just don't see the relevance at all. We were not in need of LBers prospects last year and it would be crazy to suggest we need starting LBers this year. Wilson/Biggie/Darby are a very good group. 

Walter's will bring in MACK and WIL competition this year and they will be more than ready to go when needed. 

On 2023-03-11 at 12:55 PM, Stickem said:

Sad sad day.....Bud was the best headcoach this franchise has ever seen....Still hate the day he said he was heading south to join the Vikes BUT life moves on....Condolences to the family and RIP BUD ...you were the best

Has there ever been a more impactful coach that can lay claim to legendary status in both the CFL and NFL? I can't think of any but if there is what an achievement.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/03/13/blue-bombers-add-former-south-carolina-defensive-end-to-roster/

WINNIPEG, MB., March 13, 2023 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce signing of American defensive end Aaron Sterling.

Sterling (6-2, 250, South Carolina, February 21, 1999 in Atlanta, GA) joins the Blue Bombers after a five-year collegiate career with South Carolina. During that time, Sterling recorded 114 tackles, 12 sacks, two forced fumbles, and three pass breakups in 50 games, of which 31 were starts at defensive end.

In his final season, Sterling made 27 tackles, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and one pass breakup in 13 games.

South Carolina Gamecocks... that brings back a memory.

2008 International Bowl at the Rogers Centre. South Carolina Vs Ball State. My Argo ST buddies and I went to sit in the cheap seats in the 500 level and had huge banners made saying "Go Balls" and "Go *****". Weirdly, they made us take the ***** one down.

FB-IMG-1678720840743.jpg

edit: looks like we were actually in the 200 level... I thought I remembered being in the nosebleeds. I blame the $15 beers.

Edited by bluto