Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Speaking of DL...and FA...there's a name out there that I would love as a rotational player. Mr.Lemon could be someone that helps out the Jeff's. 

Obviously the price has to be right. But Lemon has shown with the right guys around him, he can still get at the qb.

that has crossed my mind as well as a 1 yr guy until we unearth a new prospect

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/02/17/the-only-place-i-saw-myself-playing-was-in-winnipeg/

Just on effin solid dude man....privledged to have a guy like that on this squad....and you know it wont go un-noticed by his teamats and Bomber staff...love this dude

1 hour ago, Booch said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/02/17/the-only-place-i-saw-myself-playing-was-in-winnipeg/

Just on effin solid dude man....privledged to have a guy like that on this squad....and you know it wont go un-noticed by his teamats and Bomber staff...love this dude

Truly a unicorn in todays professional sports.....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I mean...that article is weird. How little are we paying him?

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean...that article is weird. How little are we paying him?

And why if he was always so determined to be nowhere but Winnipeg did it take two weeks into free agency for him to stay here? And what other offers did he turn down, and for how much? Curious to hear some numbers. 

56 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And why if he was always so determined to be nowhere but Winnipeg did it take two weeks into free agency for him to stay here? And what other offers did he turn down, and for how much? Curious to hear some numbers. 

I read the article as: he came to that conclusion after reflecting on it. 

58 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

He'd be great, probably a GOAT.

Rob maver struggled doing both punting & kicking for the Stamps. He was so dismal the Stamps had an open tryout for kicker in just his second year a month after the season had started. Some kid named Rene Paredes showed up & made his way onto the Stamps roster replacing Maver as the Stamps placekicker. Maver became just a punter & eventually one of the best, if not the best at net yardage & directional punting. A CFL & CFLPA all star by the time he retired over a decade later. I can see a parallel with Liegghio. I think he's better suited & potential to be a great punter. Just like Maver was. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

BTW, Paredes has become a Calgary firefighter. From what I understand, the CFD is giving him a lot of leeway this coming season with scheduling of his shifts in order to practice & play. So, Paredes is coming back for one final season but it'll be his last as he'll be retiring. Whoever takes his place will have huge shoes to fill. Paredes like Medlock will probably be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame someday. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

ehhhhhhh..... he made a massive jump from 2 years ago to last year, and I fully expect him to take another jump from last year to this year. His punting and kickoffs were great all season long, and really the biggest issues was converts, which feels like a mental thing, more than anything. I'm not concerned. Too many people are concerned with a blocked kick in the championship game that wasn't his fault. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He got better last year, but you can’t tell me you had faith he was making that kick at the end, can you?! 

I think that thing was going wide but nobody knows for sure. 

Like Rene Paredes and Legz lining up for that kick are two different feels. 

Or Castillo

I've watched the replay 100 times... it was starting left and fading back in. I'm fully confident in that. I absolutely have full confidence in Liegghio. Castillo was a worse kicker than ML last year. He had an awful year in Edmonton. And I hate using an American in that spot. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I've watched the replay 100 times... it was starting left and fading back in. I'm fully confident in that. I absolutely have full confidence in Liegghio. Castillo was a worse kicker than ML last year. He had an awful year in Edmonton. And I hate using an American in that spot. 

He was awesome here though. I was in Hamilton for the 2021 game, we don’t win without him. TV didn’t do it Justice how windy it was. 

I wish I had the confidence in him that you had, but right now I don’t in a playoff game. 

I don’t like having to cross my fingers every time we line up for an XP