Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

My thinking was exume is a fa and hasn’t flourished in mtl plus it’s far from stabile. Really they are stabs in the dark but worth taking those shots imo. 

He left to go home but that was two years seasons ago. If Montreal is not interested and for the right price, I would love to see him back. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I think Kramdi is already a solid replacement for Exume. 

We have a knack of finding depth here in the draft or undrafted guys. 

Not really interested in paying FA mark up for one. He made his choice, no hard feelings I like the guy, but moving on. 

The French kid they just signed the other day is going to be our next CIS ST demon... 

Interesting tid-bit:

"Miller and his crew will release their numbers from ’22 in a couple of months, and they’ll show another profitable year for the Bombers.

“No. 1 in attendance in the CFL, which was great,” he said, a hint of pride coming through over the phone. “Great corporate partnerships and support. So it’s going to be a really positive year.”

It’s the first time in recent memory, probably in decades, the Bombers have been No. 1 at the gate. With four straight crowds of more than 30,000, last season marked the second-best attendance in team history, behind only 2013, the first year of the new stadium.

Miller wasn’t ready to reveal the bottom line, but it should be at least $2 million, the size of the 2021 profit."

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-miller-shrugs-off-als-takeover-looks-for-profitable-2023

37 minutes ago, Stickem said:

TO.....can only hope........................Bomberland NO 1

There is a whole lot of smart football people on this site that believe the Argo's are elite and grade at or above us. Yup they are GC champions. Makes sense obviously.

But as a lifelong watcher of the CFL and a HardCore Blue Bomber fan, I really believe the Argo's as I see them currently are being overrated based on  watching them years previous to date.

I'll take the 'I told you so's' come this season if the blow thru the league with ease but I don't see it.

Here's hoping a a poster like me can revisit this post about 3/4 into this coming season and highlight where the Argo's currently find themselves in the standings.

And yes this is seen thru my hate lens of them.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

There is a whole lot of smart football people on this site that believe the Argo's are elite and grade at or above us. Yup they are GC champions. Makes sense obviously.

But as a lifelong watcher of the CFL and a HardCore Blue Bomber fan, I really believe the Argo's as I see them currently are being overrated based on  watching them years previous to date.

I'll take the 'I told you so's' come this season if the blow thru the league with ease but I don't see it.

Here's hoping a a poster like me can revisit this post about 3/4 into this coming season and highlight where the Argo's currently find themselves in the standings.

And yes this is seen thru my hate lens of them.

They.

Currently.

Don't.

Have.

A.

Starting.

QUARTERBACK.

On.

Their.

Roster.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

That question mark is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

I’m not suggesting he’s “starting” calibre, just wondering if he is in fact on the roster or if he is a free agent. Although, if he was auditioning to be a starter, he did mop up really well in the Grey Cup as his audition tape (dammit). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Evans will be the starter there, and that will put them below us....They may challenge for tops in the East...have some good pieces, but also have some glaring weaknesses.

I still think when you look at each franchise top to bottom....Management and coaching...intangibles and top end players in prime....(and pffft with the age thing) we are still the class of the league and the team to beat....Barring some type of catastrophic injury(s) but that can be said for all teams

If it is another Grey Cup appearance, and against the Argo's....I see it as a total different result..... and not just looking at it thru blue tinted spectacles....its from looking at and evaluating the sum of all the parts

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m not suggesting he’s “starting” calibre, just wondering if he is in fact on the roster or if he is a free agent. Although, if he was auditioning to be a starter, he did mop up really well in the Grey Cup as his audition tape (dammit). 

Evading one tackle in the backfield is a hell of a resume.