Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

Maybe I'm too much sunshine and rainbows given the success of this regime, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demski has agreed to terms but their letting Walters go after our other pieces and restructuring a Demski contract as far as salary/bonuses go based on what KW can get accomplished over the next few days.

As Mike mentioned previously, you don't sign an aging QB, God bless Zach as good as he is, and let a top target walk out the door - a local one at that.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Maybe I'm too much sunshine and rainbows given the success of this regime, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demski has agreed to terms but their letting Walters go after our other pieces and restructuring a Demski contract as far as salary/bonuses go based on what KW can get accomplished over the next few days.

As Mike mentioned previously, you don't sign an aging QB, God bless Zach as good as he is, and let a top target walk out the door - a local one at that.

The other thing is.... We know this core group is all in for a 2025 GC at IGF as the cherry on the Sunday of this magical run. Demski, of all people, would want to be a part of that. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Well, restructuring it as they go is going too far, lol.

But I still think he’s not going anywhere. I think he is trying to get paid full value and wants to have some official offers from other teams to help his bargaining position.

Walters will get it done.

GREAT point by DT on Twitter just now regarding Demski and ratio implications: "Bombers have no worries about the 7+1 Canadian rule that starts next season. Bighill, Bryant, Hardrick, Alexander and others qualify to be ‘nationalized’."

Sorry, can't figure out how to embed tweets for the life of me haha!

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Well, restructuring it as they go is going too far, lol.

But I still think he’s not going anywhere. I think he is trying to get paid full value and wants to have some official offers from other teams to help his bargaining position.

Walters will get it done.

Restructure doesn't mean less money...lol. You can tweak cap hits based on how much is allocated at salary versus various bonuses etc.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

GREAT point by DT on Twitter just now regarding Demski and ratio implications: "Bombers have no worries about the 7+1 Canadian rule that starts next season. Bighill, Bryant, Hardrick, Alexander and others qualify to be ‘nationalized’."

Restructure doesn't mean less money...lol. You can tweak cap hits based on how much is allocated at salary versus various bonuses etc.

I think there is an extra value to being a local guy that loves playing here as opposed to just another NI though. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wonder where things stand with Schoen? I know he has just over a week before his window closes but would love to know what is what. 

KW, that you?? 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

big!

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wonder where things stand with Schoen? I know he has just over a week before his window closes but would love to know what is what. 

he doesnt get an offer by the cut-off..he is back on yr 2 of his current deal...which I bet gets restructured to a 2 or 3 yr ext...book it

so as it stands right now...we have Drab, Rose, Nichols, Alexander, Lawrence, Houston and Parker all signed for 2023...I guess you can lump i Holm there too, but he wont crack the lineup with those guys there as our DB pool going into camp with the new recruits and any free agent we may sign...which I think is none now...and we focus on 1 legit big ticket receiver now...and a DT with some presence and pedigree.....with Biggy and Wilson healthy going into camp....the Jeffs signed...Hansen will also be ready for camp as the rotation guy....and I expect more from Lawson who was more than adequate cutting his teeth this past year....this defense I can see doing 2021 things again...without a doubt...and they gonna be hungry cause they all been stewwing too long already about how 2022 ended

53 minutes ago, Booch said:

so as it stands right now...we have Drab, Rose, Nichols, Alexander, Lawrence, Houston and Parker all signed for 2023...I guess you can lump i Holm there too, but he wont crack the lineup with those guys there as our DB pool going into camp with the new recruits and any free agent we may sign...which I think is none now...and we focus on 1 legit big ticket receiver now...and a DT with some presence and pedigree.....with Biggy and Wilson healthy going into camp....the Jeffs signed...Hansen will also be ready for camp as the rotation guy....and I expect more from Lawson who was more than adequate cutting his teeth this past year....this defense I can see doing 2021 things again...without a doubt...and they gonna be hungry cause they all been stewwing too long already about how 2022 ended

I don't follow the NFL, where is Kongbo at in his career now?  I hope he doesn't surprise us like Desjarlais by signing with another team before we even know he's interested in coming back to the CFL.  Although it's obvious Walters knew about it.

26 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't follow the NFL, where is Kongbo at in his career now?  I hope he doesn't surprise us like Desjarlais by signing with another team before we even know he's interested in coming back to the CFL.  Although it's obvious Walters knew about it.

Key now will be finding the next Kongbo in terms of that rotational Canadian on the DL.  Could really be DT or DE.  Quite a few in this draft coming up both NCAA and CIS guys, also have Lawson.  Kongbo will be overpriced when he comes back for good.

Need to get Maruo back or replace him with a Canadian or Global too.