Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

I get the preparations for the loss of Demski in the hyping of McCrae...but McCrae has shown very little.  He basically got the ball twice a game.

Don't buy your McCrae jersey yet.  He'll have to beat out guys that are far better receivers than him and we're still a Canadian tailback team.  Grant is back and McCrae was a disaster on punt return last preseason so he'll have to show a lot better to be the backup there.  Won't be easy for McCrae to get on the roster.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Grant was our best player in the playoffs. Glad he's back

Other than handing BC a touchdown.  He was plus 1 TD in 2 playoff games, but yeah he scored 2.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I get the preparations for the loss of Demski in the hyping of McCrae...but McCrae has shown very little.  He basically got the ball twice a game.

Don't buy your McCrae jersey yet.  He'll have to beat out guys that are far better receivers than him and we're still a Canadian tailback team.  Grant is back and McCrae was a disaster on punt return last preseason so he'll have to show a lot better to be the backup there.  Won't be easy for McCrae to get on the roster.

I like McCrae but he is average and easily replaced, with any luck, by someone more talented.

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Other than handing BC a touchdown.  He was plus 1 TD in 2 playoff games, but yeah he scored 2.

Yearly reminder that it's ok to like multiple players!

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I like McCrae but he is average and easily replaced, with any luck, by someone more talented.

I don’t think he’s average at all. He’s def more raw than that but with much more upside. No doubt he’s a dangerous guy with the ball in his hands. As a rb I think he’s better than average. As a wr he needs to get a lot better to be really good. But as a guy who can do both he doesn’t need to be as good a wr. I’d love to see him really focus on catching punts and being our back up returner too. 

the mafia have shown they can really find gems at wr. Collaros has really taken advantage of a lot of great talents we’ve brought in over his time here. I don’t doubt that this year we will again see an insane battle at wr. No one is getting a spot easily. 

Im very pleasantly surprised grant is back and before fa. I really thought the late contract and low cost last year would’ve hurt us. Says alot about him and the team that this is where he wants to play. Love the guy, explosive and tough as hell. With the nagging injuries I’d like to see him either split returns or just return full time. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t think he’s average at all. He’s def more raw than that but with much more upside. No doubt he’s a dangerous guy with the ball in his hands. As a rb I think he’s better than average. As a wr he needs to get a lot better to be really good. But as a guy who can do both he doesn’t need to be as good a wr. I’d love to see him really focus on catching punts and being our back up returner too. 

the mafia have shown they can really find gems at wr. Collaros has really taken advantage of a lot of great talents we’ve brought in over his time here. I don’t doubt that this year we will again see an insane battle at wr. No one is getting a spot easily. 

Im very pleasantly surprised grant is back and before fa. I really thought the late contract and low cost last year would’ve hurt us. Says alot about him and the team that this is where he wants to play. Love the guy, explosive and tough as hell. With the nagging injuries I’d like to see him either split returns or just return full time. 

We are not going to agree completely on this. Yes, its nice to see Grant back in the fold, but McCrae has had several auditions so far but although he showed a few flashes but not enough to stay in the lineup. For an import, he has to be more than a generalist- he has to be outstanding in at least one area.

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We are not going to agree completely on this. Yes, its nice to see Grant back in the fold, but McCrae has had several auditions so far but although he showed a few flashes but not enough to stay in the lineup. For an import, he has to be more than a generalist- he has to be outstanding in at least one area.

Compare his chances and production to McKnight, and agudosi. I think he’s done more than enough to be coming back. Remember he isn’t a wr he’s a rb who converted this year. Lots of imps have cut their teeth in the league as generalists from blink to sellers to banks owens Holmes and Bailey. 
 Also keep in mind natural wrs are almost never really good in their rookie season. They generally take a year of seasoning to really turn it on. 

20 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So I didn't want to be the guy to say that.... but you're not exactly wrong. I mean McCrae isn't at demskis level yet but it's the same type of guy just not as polished as a receiver 

U agree as well...and I actually see him more explosive in the run aspect of that role ..can we flip ration somewhere to accomodate that..or does he just sub in somehow...want Demski back...but if it comes to be way too much money to limit us elsewhere...we will survive...we did just fine last 2 yrs when he was injured if u recall..could be 200k spent elsewhere to really solidify some spots

Dunbar tho if we let Bailey go would be my choice ..I see him flourishing with ZC and this locker room

Big signing on Grant ..and no reason he can't get more touches in a hybrid role

McRae also ran hard...took some big hits...and did just fine...expanded role...more touches...no reason he won't produce...he is an explosive runner and that was his rep in draft analysis...he's fluid and sees the field extremely well...we don't need to rely on one guy doing it all...so that's where we have a good edge in who we put on field

Demski at 200k would be overpaid on our roster. Under the new NAT rules we are probably in the best ratio position of any team in the CFL..by quite a large margin.

Therefore, without passport concerns you have to look at whether his production and value to our offense is worth 200k+. My opinion is that it is not.

Edited by GCn20

31 minutes ago, bluto said:

You're re-signing Demski. This'd be a lousy time to take a key weapon away from Collaros. KW knows this and isn't a fool. Demski's payday will be announced soon, I'm sure.

I don’t think he is leaving. This is maybe his last chance for a bigger payday so he will see what he is worth then we will figure it out.