Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Darren Cameron has to do with it being slow...?? He's the communications guy, not the GM...

He is the  Senior Director of Public & Player Relations 

Over the course of his 14 years in the Canadian Football League, Cameron has forged many strong working relationships with players, allowing him the unique position of assisting General Manager Kyle Walters in overseeing football operations and helping with player retention and acquisitions while balancing his role as head of the communications department.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

"The Darren Cameron" has been pumping out Handled Internally podcasts like crazy, so I don't think that guy ever takes vacation time...

In the Streveler interview he did talk about heading to Chris’s place in Arizona. Not sure what week that I’d but I think that would be considered a vacation. 

Yeah...Hoping we make it work with Darby this time...I know Maston is back to full training, but not sure banking on him again with the recent history is the smart play...tho would prob be very very cap friendly...and if he was 100 percent dude can ball....I'm sure the Bomber athletic therapists and surgeon are all over it and would know if he worth the time and money ...he is only just turned 30...so not like he is a relic by any stretch...

13 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I like Sayles but I'm still mad at him for pretty much letting Robbie Smith have a free run at Leggs, allowing him to block the kick at the end of GC.  If he's not back, I won't be too upset.

I watched the kick over and over probably 100x now and that's my take away.... Sayles missed the block and allowed the kick to be blocked. I'm convinced the kick starts left and fades back in, if not for. The block. Sigh. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I watched the kick over and over probably 100x now and that's my take away.... Sayles missed the block and allowed the kick to be blocked. I'm convinced the kick starts left and fades back in, if not for. The block. Sigh. 

I think we need to chat . . .

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think we need to chat . . .

Have you ever seen Fever Pitch with Fallon? That scene where, in the midst of a major depressive episode, he watches "The Buckner Tape" over and over on a loop.... Ya..... I get that. 

*sobs* "it was Sayles..... He missed the block and hung Leggs out to dry....." *sobs*

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Have you ever seen Fever Pitch with Fallon? That scene where, in the midst of a major depressive episode, he watches "The Buckner Tape" over and over on a loop.... Ya..... I get that. 

*sobs* "it was Sayles..... He missed the block and hung Leggs out to dry....." *sobs*

There there. At the very least that brings some solace and comfort is we know that the Riders suck and will continue to suck for eternity.

Amen. 

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have definitely watched it way too many times as well.   He had Smith over his right shoulder but he looked left, as if he expected another rusher (who never came). 

By the time he turned back to Smith, it was too late.   Didn't get a hand on Smith until he was already laying out to block the kick.  Half a second quicker and it might be an entirely different story. 😞

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't want top rehash the grey cup too much... but the final kick is not the play that bothers me... I keep thinking about having Tor at 2nd and 20 at a critical juncture of the game (5:56 left to play, Bombers up by 6)... and allowing them to so easily pick up the first down... that's the play that haunts me 

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't want top rehash the grey cup too much... but the final kick is not the play that bothers me... I keep thinking about having Tor at 2nd and 20 at a critical juncture of the game (5:56 left to play, Bombers up by 6)... and allowing them to so easily pick up the first down... that's the play that haunts me 

you know what haunts me? It's early in the game when Collaros just gunned a pass in to Oliveira I think that missed him. Maybe wouldn't have converted the first down but certainly could have made it close and a sure first down pass that Ellingson got his hands on and dropped. Think those were the first 2 series. Make those plays and the game might have gone differently from the outset. 

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

For me the play is the Prukop interception. Grant kick return TD for take the lead. Missed PAT which was 👎. Hold the Argos to a FG on their next drive. 13 yard pickup by Oliveria. And then for whatever reason you have Prukop out there bombing a pass into double coverage and its picked and all the momentum generated by the kick return TD evaporates and the field is tilted in favor of the Argos.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I like Sayles but would prefer a Stove type NT in that spot.

Agreed. Sayles has always been a big meh for me. Would much rather have a behemoth in the middle that eats up blockers.

4 minutes ago, KshyGuy said:

For me the play is the Prukop interception. Grant kick return TD for take the lead. Missed PAT which was 👎. Hold the Argos to a FG on their next drive. 13 yard pickup by Oliveria. And then for whatever reason you have Prukop out there bombing a pass into double coverage and its picked and all the momentum generated by the kick return TD evaporates and the field is tilted in favor of the Argos.

There were just so many bone-headed, piss-poor plays in that game. So many guys had their worst game of the season that day. We truly handed that game to the Argos. Makes it even harder to swallow.

38 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Agreed. Sayles has always been a big meh for me. Would much rather have a behemoth in the middle that eats up blockers.

There were just so many bone-headed, piss-poor plays in that game. So many guys had their worst game of the season that day. We truly handed that game to the Argos. Makes it even harder to swallow.

not to rehash...but we dropped a turd on a few fronts...and I think ZC injury affected him more than he or the team will let on, as they are not about excuses...he looked off all game, and was a different off then at times in season, but would then generate the winning drive...so no time better than now to start the 3 outta 4 cups and a new streak

And Sayles would be a nice guy to have back...on a easy on the SMS deal but isn't a necessity and what he brought should be easy to replace with a rookie import

I do for some reason like the thought of one yr of Micah Johnson in the middle...with our ends, and a fully healthy Wilson and Biggie roaming the gaps...I bet he has one real good season left in him being a pain in the ass for interior o-lines