Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

this is really just a silly, nonsensical piece, but from the Bombers section: 

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

NOTABLE
RET Janarion Grant

As explosive and smooth as any return man in the league, Janarion Grant has to stay in Winnipeg or he’ll make them pay with a game-changing play, the same way he boosts the Bombers win probabilities every time he touches the ball.

UNLIKELY
REC Shaq Evans

Shaq Evans needs a change of scenery and the Bombers could be just what the doctor ordered. I’m not sure of his pure fit here, but I could see his production returning to his breakout season in Saskatchewan and he’d certainly spice up Labour Day Weekend.

LOCK:
REC Greg Ellingson

He loves Collaros, and he should. They were meant to play football together.

PERSONAL REQUEST
DL Micah Johnson

This would be chaos, but as my mind wanders through this article creation process I had to laugh at how ridiculous Willie Jefferson and Jackson Jeffcoat would be with Micah Johnson eating up multiple players inside.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

he might come in at a nice price though... 

only way he fits is at a VERY cost-effective price.... with his injury history, it's tough to justify any real money, especially when Lawler and Lewis and maybe Schoen are out there looking for big $$$....

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

also feel like Ellingson is FAR from a lock....

I’m good with Ellingson playing elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

he might come in at a nice price though... 

meh. Pass

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

only way he fits is at a VERY cost-effective price.... with his injury history, it's tough to justify any real money, especially when Lawler and Lewis and maybe Schoen are out there looking for big $$$....

I don’t really want him back at any price. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think they'll wait until after they sign Demski and find out if Schoen is likely to return to see how much money they have left over to spend, if that doesn't happen I think Ellingson is a lock considering his relationship with Zach.  Lawler and Lewis are going to be too expensive once F.A. opens, better off with the receivers they have in house spreading the ball around.

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think they'll wait until after they sign Demski and find out if Schoen is likely to return to see how much money they have left over to spend, if that doesn't happen I think Ellingson is a lock considering his relationship with Zach.  Lawler and Lewis are going to be too expensive once F.A. opens, better off with the receivers they have in house spreading the ball around.

If Demski is signed....and fully expect it...And Schoen returns I would be okay with Ellingson comes back at a team friendly deal...but only if we retain those top 2 mentioned....but if it's at the expense of  Bailey...whom is very underrated and a key piece then it's a hard pass...wondering if he is waiting for the tamper window to see his open market value so he has a number to give the Bombers...I believe he signed late last yr too....so if he returns I'm more tan fine with Demski, Woli and Bolo as Canadian's and Schoen, Bailey and one of the very intriguing guys we have under contract...I'm looking at you Agudosi and Helliegh...may have spelled that wrong

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Demski is signed....and fully expect it...And Schoen returns I would be okay with Ellingson comes back at a team friendly deal...but only if we retain those top 2 mentioned....but if it's at the expense of  Bailey...whom is very underrated and a key piece then it's a hard pass...wondering if he is waiting for the tamper window to see his open market value so he has a number to give the Bombers...I believe he signed late last yr too....so if he returns I'm more tan fine with Demski, Woli and Bolo as Canadian's and Schoen, Bailey and one of the very intriguing guys we have under contract...I'm looking at you Agudosi and Helliegh...may have spelled that wrong

I think Bailey’s most underrated asset is his blocking. He’s top 3 in terms of blocking by a receiver.

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well trust me when I say "**** them..." 

How much u pay Sheed tho. He's not putting up 1000 yards ya know, stats aren't spectacular but I agree top 3 blocking receiver in the league, real team guy, but how much of your cap does he get? Certainly not Lawler demski schoen money 

Sheed does everything asked of him. His stats aren't "relatively low" because he can't be a top tier receiver.... it's just that he's used differently. On another team, as the 1st or 2nd option, he'd likely have huge stats. So it's not that he isn't worth the money. The only way he leaves is if he feels like another team will give him a chance to be a star...

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sheed does everything asked of him. His stats aren't "relatively low" because he can't be a top tier receiver.... it's just that he's used differently. On another team, as the 1st or 2nd option, he'd likely have huge stats. So it's not that he isn't worth the money. The only way he leaves is if he feels like another team will give him a chance to be a star...

I think that’s what Bailey is looking for, tbh. I expect him to move on to a team who will feature him more.

He’s been a great teammate, but I think he’s looking for more than we can offer (in terms of targets, not dollars - though they tend to go up together).

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

How much u pay Sheed tho. He's not putting up 1000 yards ya know, stats aren't spectacular but I agree top 3 blocking receiver in the league, real team guy, but how much of your cap does he get? Certainly not Lawler demski schoen money 

He does more than yards tho...like others mentioned...also if u look at last yr..basically ignored for first 6 games...0 TDs..about 160 yards...yet he finished with 9 TDs and 779 yards...and many clutch grabs along way...and in the playoffs last 3 yrs...dude gets it done when targeted...I'd say he is in the 125...135k range

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

But, without triggering Terry, that contract will get torn up and a raise will be given (rightfully) if he chooses to return. 

It should. It'd be a travesty to pay him $70,000 Canadian after the season he had. just shows how the league should be opening up the salary cap by a minimum of a half mill. Should really be at least a million dollars higher. Every player deserves more money.