Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm not worried about our interior - although I do think we're down from our peak in 2021.

But I am a little concerned about replacing the tackles when the time comes. No matter who you get, they ain't gonna be what Stanley and Hardrick are for us.

We have Richmond being groomed as a possible replacement (assuming he can bounce back from his injury).

You never know what the next guy will bring though.  Stanley was already established as a top OT from his time Calgary but I don't know that anyone here expected Yoshi to turn out like he did.  He had already been cast aside by two teams and even the Bombers had concerns so they had a weight clause added to his contract.  6 seasons later, he's a staple on the right side of the line and one of the most popular players we have.  

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Could be. Gray will be at least 30 before Hardrick gives him the opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The other thing is, it's easier for a quality, winning franchise (us) to poach a top quality Tackle in FA if need be... 

They've done a great job of growing their own the last few years starting with Chungh in 2015, I believe the last O-lineman they picked up from another CFL team was Hardrick in 2016.  Walters deserves a star in heaven.

Makes the Riders hope of turning their O-line around in one year completely laughable, when they haven't planted any seeds in the ground.  "Grass just grows Wilbur, it don't need no seeds!"

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Makes the Riders hope of turning their O-line around in one year completely laughable, when they haven't planted any seeds in the ground.  "Grass just grows Wilbur, it don't need no seeds!"

AND then you doesn't ever have to cut it....it grows up up half cut after you waters it with this Farmhouse Ale

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They've done a great job of growing their own the last few years starting with Chungh in 2015, I believe the last O-lineman they picked up from another CFL team was Hardrick in 2016.  Walters deserves a star in heaven.

Kolankowski came from the Argos. But your point remains. 

I don't know if anyone listened to the interview with Stanley on the Bombers Handled Internally podcast. He says that a lot of what he does as a tackle is more technical and mental than it is physical and that as a result he can make up for any physical loss of skill with his ability to beat people with technique and knowledge. Says he could play till he is 40 also said he is most athletic player in the league lol.

20 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't know if anyone listened to the interview with Stanley on the Bombers Handled Internally podcast. He says that a lot of what he does as a tackle is more technical and mental than it is physical and that as a result he can make up for any physical loss of skill with his ability to beat people with technique and knowledge. Says he could play till he is 40 also said he is most athletic player in the league lol.

I think he said he is one of the most athletic people in history 😂

Which, I mean , for his size …

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm not worried about our interior - although I do think we're down from our peak in 2021.

But I am a little concerned about replacing the tackles when the time comes. No matter who you get, they ain't gonna be what Stanley and Hardrick are for us.

who is ever gonna field a tandem like that in our lifetime again.....prob wont see it...especially both being such ultimate team first guys on top of it...when time comes...I pretty confident we will have one developed....or a vet would jump at chance to land here

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

The other thing is, it's easier for a quality, winning franchise (us) to poach a top quality Tackle in FA if need be... 

this

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

this is how you build a perpetual force and winning group...retool and reload with what you picked to develop as your successors....makes it easy to maintain excellence when you only need to dip into free-agency once every 5..6 yrs to fill a void

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Kolankowski came from the Argos. But your point remains. 

comes down to also recognizing talent and potential...and putting them in a spot to succceed...Just look at how Speller played for us...was a cast off by others....started in a grey cup

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that was a good chat, the SB66 one..... some fun audio. Paddy's was fun, too. Says he's an elite level swimmer...I don't particularly want to even imagine that.

wheres this?

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Anyone hear or pickup anything on the Schoen front....Heard about a workout and then everything went dead

if there had been any scrap of info, it would have been posted here....all quiet on the Schoen front....