Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

basically every o-lineman we have under contract right now would easily start...or at worst be 6th guy on any team....that in itself is crazy...

We did fine without Couture..who I really like...as does the team but he is likely in B.C now....team seen that last yr so I think it was apparent he is gone...and that was with Kolo who isnt even close to what Eli is

Bryant..Gray..Eli..Neuf...Yoshi...with Dobson and Kolo in the mix...how can any team not be envious of that??

In my opinion, if I were Sask.... I'd be speed dialing KW and doing a deal with the Bombers to get Couture's rights and signing him ASAP.... A 3rd or 4th rounder in this years draft would work or a swap of free agent rights like Justin McInnis or Justin Herdman-Reed for Couture...

7 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

In my opinion, if I were Sask.... I'd be speed dialing KW and doing a deal with the Bombers to get Couture's rights and signing him ASAP.... A 3rd or 4th rounder in this years draft would work or a swap of free agent rights like Justin McInnis or Justin Herdman-Reed for Couture...

Walters when he sees it's O'Day calling:

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

16 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Why McInnis...he's sub par...BOLO and Woli are way ahead of him..not to.mention Demski...no need.we can get just as good or better potential via draft 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why McInnis...he's sub par...BOLO and Woli are way ahead of him..not to.mention Demski...no need.we can get just as good or better potential via draft 

Just giving examples, our Cdn receivers are few and limited in numbers. Agree on BOLO, Woli and Demski of course, no disagreement.

But this years crop of receivers aren't a group that making many of the CFL teams game day roster or having the GM's tripping over each other to draft them. Now, Jared Wayne will be doing the NFL tour thing, Clark Barnes, Jeremy Murphy and James Basaluga will probably be drafted, but making the game day roster, I don't know... 

As I said, just giving examples.

6 minutes ago, camper_2 said:
25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Just giving examples, our Cdn receivers are few and limited in numbers. Agree on BOLO, Woli and Demski of course, no disagreement.

But this years crop of receivers aren't a group that making many of the CFL teams game day roster or having the GM's tripping over each other to draft them. Now, Jared Wayne will be doing the NFL tour thing, Clark Barnes, Jeremy Murphy and James Basaluga will probably be drafted, but making the game day roster, I don't know... 

As I said, just giving examples.

Still need more depth at Natl. receiver, one backup for 2 positions isn't enough, especially if there are long-term injuries like Woli suffered last season.  BOLO has earned the right to start, but unlikely they're going to accommodate him anytime soon unless they play with the ratio, might lose him once his contract expires.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Can we leave the covid talk in the general forum in the proper forum? There’s been non stop covid talk for nearly 3 years now. None of what is being said here is new, news. I come to the Bomber forum to discuss football not being dragged into a political debate. If you want to talk about covid there’s active threads going on, let’s get back on track and use this thread to talk about the Blue and Gold. Go Blue!!

Yeup. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Still need more depth at Natl. receiver, one backup for 2 positions isn't enough, especially if there are long-term injuries like Woli suffered last season.  BOLO has earned the right to start, but unlikely they're going to accommodate him anytime soon unless they play with the ratio, might lose him once his contract expires.

We've often played more CNDs than is required in the past. So an American can fill in if needed should something happen to both CND rec.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, in the 2023 season he would qualify if stays with the Bombers but not if he went elsewhere (need 3 years with the same team or 4 years in the league).

I’m not sure if I like that rule. Sure I look continuity, but we’re going to see less young guys get a shot because of the advantage a team gets to stick with the vet that’s been on the same club for the last 3 plus years. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m not sure if I like that rule. Sure I look continuity, but we’re going to see less young guys get a shot because of the advantage a team gets to stick with the vet that’s been on the same club for the last 3 plus years. 

Yes and no. Those vets will still come with the vet price tag.

4 hours ago, camper_2 said:

Its worth a try but I don't see Couture being interested in signing there so the Riders might not be willing to take any risk on a trade like that.

13 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Its worth a try but I don't see Couture being interested in signing there so the Riders might not be willing to take any risk on a trade like that.

Thanks, Colin.... just a thought and a suggestion, with a possible add to our team roster come opening camp... I know he's from BC and that's probably be his first wish to go back home,,, 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

The Riders could get permission from the Bombers to talk to Couture to see if he is willing to sign an extension with them.  Walters should be willing to talk to any CFL team under those conditions.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Riders could get permission from the Bombers to talk to Couture to see if he is willing to sign an extension with them.  Walters should be willing to talk to any CFL team under those conditions.

Yep, Tracker... in my earlier 2 comments I was leaning towards the Bombers getting something in return from the Riders, in some way for an experienced o-linemen, that probably will be soughted after when free agency arrives.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

If any thing I think he’s bc bound. 

7 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Yep, Tracker... in my earlier 2 comments I was leaning towards the Bombers getting something in return from the Riders, in some way for an experienced o-linemen, that probably will be soughted after when free agency arrives.

im not sure ssk understands that they actually need to build an ol and dump the junk. I wouldn’t be surprised to see atleast 4 starting ol and fajardo all back this year. 

1 hour ago, camper_2 said:

If teams aren't trading for his rights after the Eli signing, I would assume they all already know where he's going.

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Hard to imagine him moving on, I thought for sure he'd be an early re-signing though. I'm not worrying... yet

Demski wasn't re-signed until mid February in 2019, and he stated at that time the deal was done some time ago but he just hadn't put pen to paper on it before that as he was out of the country. Could be the same scenario again.