Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft. If any one looks back at the posts from 2022 that involved him you see a ton of vitriol, dismissal of his talent, ethic etc. 

Some people (myself included) were just fed up with all the nonsense surrounding the vaccine/Covid/politics/idiots at that time.
I for one, kind of took it out on pretty well everyone who didn’t want to get it.
Still think getting it was the right thing to do, but I’ve adjusted my judgement towards those who don’t. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft. If any one looks back at the posts from 2022 that involved him you see a ton of vitriol, dismissal of his talent, ethic etc. 

Not to make this political, but my personal belief ( and I won't carry this on any further ) is that a lot of people were **** on and called cooks for not getting vaccinated. A lot of silence with that same crowd, with no vaccine passports necessary

Sorry to derail. Eli was cast off for this reason though 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Some people (myself included) were just fed up with all the nonsense surrounding the vaccine/Covid/politics/idiots at that time.
I for one, kind of took it out on pretty well everyone who didn’t want to get it.
Still think getting it was the right thing to do, but I’ve adjusted my judgement towards those who don’t. 

Appreciate the update in stance. A person of quality will reflect and update their views accordingly.

It was a strange time, and I hope it's past us now

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes, well, it was seen as quitting on the team when they were headed for the Grey Cup. 

Valid point

Edited by CodyT

16 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t blame you or any one else. I still have those feelings especially seeing Canadian flags on cars etc but I don’t want to derail things into the political. 

17 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Not to make this political, but my personal belief ( and I won't carry this on any further ) is that a lot of people were **** on and called cooks for not getting vaccinated. A lot of silence with that same crowd, with no vaccine passports necessary

agree 100%

Good on you for owning it too, that’s hard and most people don’t try. Hats off sir. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes, well, it was seen as quitting on the team when they were headed for the Grey Cup. 

Yeah for sure. It’s hard to comprehend getting one shot refusing the second and missing the gc because of it. 

46 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

This. I hate misinformation. And there were many people that used it: logical fallacies, fake science, whatever. Mostly junk. A lot that didn't want to get the vaccine so we could go back to normal. But it was a losing battle.

But they were right about one thing in my mind and that was the mental health toll it took on all of us to avoid contact to stay healthy. I'll get the vaccine but I'm just not up for anything that is going to put us back in that situation. 

So much less judgment from me for people who aren't pushing misinformation and just say they don't want to get it.

I also weigh my love for the Bombers very strongly so I'm pretty stoked about this signing.

58 minutes ago, CodyT said:

The anti-vaxxers were tolerated reasonably well until they became militant and verbally and physically attacking those who chose to be vaccinated. Many of these same covidiots   made it very clear that they didn't give a damn about the welfare of the immuno-compromised or anyone else for that matter. These attacks on science-based measures in the name of "God" and/or "liberty" caused the hostility, not vice-versa.

41 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The anti-vaxxers were tolerated reasonably well until they became militant and verbally and physically attacking those who chose to be vaccinated. Many of these same covidiots   made it very clear that they didn't give a damn about the welfare of the immuno-compromised or anyone else for that matter. These attacks on science-based measures in the name of "God" and/or "liberty" caused the hostility, not vice-versa.

Well I promised myself I wouldn't let myself rejoin this conversation here I am. Although I'll keep it brief 

I'm twice vaccinated but expressed much concern about how everything was handled. Never once did I physically or verbally attack anyone, although I could say the latter happened to me several times ( even though being x2 vaccinated )

Can't paint the whole camp ( on either side ) with the same brush

Ugh this whole conversation brings up shifty feelings and I wish I hadn't mentioned it at all.

Whatevers happened happened, both view points have shown validity, both in overstepping and needing to care for our weak and vulnerable. If only people could have a reasonable conversation without stepping to personal insults and attacks. It seems our country and North America in general can't have a healthy debate anymore.

One thing I've learned about dialog with others is that my view point moves when a good point is made. Disagreements are good to give each other a larger scope

Edited by CodyT

All the opinions about Eli, at the time, were 100% accurate and fair. Crazy anti vaxxers (religion is no excuse for bad behaviour) bailing on your team before a Grey Cup game.... That's a major problem and red flag. I'm surprised the team (the players) would be so willing to welcome him back, but as we've all said, he's a damn good player that we could really use. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

All the opinions about Eli, at the time, were 100% accurate and fair. Crazy anti vaxxers (religion is no excuse for bad behaviour) bailing on your team before a Grey Cup game.... That's a major problem and red flag. I'm surprised the team (the players) would be so willing to welcome him back, but as we've all said, he's a damn good player that we could really use. 

If your place of employment said that you have to take experimental medicine because it *may* make you super healthy and you were skeptical and didn't feel comfortable doing so.  Would you be perfectly fine with them firing you?    Why do you not want people to have rights?    

As per Eli ,  I'm not familiar but did he join any radical protests saying it's all a hoax or did he simply say he isn't comfortable taking the medicine and will stay at home until further notice?  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

If your place of employment said that you have to take experimental medicine because it *may* make you super healthy and you were skeptical and didn't feel comfortable doing so.  Would you be perfectly fine with them firing you?    Why do you not want people to have rights?    

As per Eli ,  I'm not familiar but did he join any radical protests saying it's all a hoax or did he simply say he isn't comfortable taking the medicine and will stay at home until further notice?  

I don't think what he did was so inexcusable either. It wasn't written in the contract ahead of time that he would need to be vaccinated. It was something that kind of just got added in on the fly I guess due to the travel restrictions. He wasn't a starter so it didn't hurt the team. He then opted to sit out while he was not under contract and now he's back. I wish the fully vaxxinated offensive line we had in last year's Grey Cup did a better job of protecting Zach. If he can help the team I'm glad he's back.There are plenty worse things players have done in the past then opt not to inject something in their body. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

How does Eli's unwillingness to inject compare to Andrew Harris' over eagerness to inject things costing the team two games with him?

13 hours ago, CodyT said:

Lol a lot of happy people here... not such when he wasn't vaccinated.

Just saying

Lots of mistakes were made on both sides of the vaccine issue. Is that **** supposed to drag on for years or can we just put it behind us & move on??? Except if you're Theo Fleury who has gone mad. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Personally I would like to hear something from Eli before I pass judgement. We have not heard Eli's version of events, or potential reasons for not getting vaxxed. Also, I will not hold one decision made 2 years ago against him indefinitely. Maybe he matured since then, maybe he has changed his thoughts on the matter, maybe he apologized and told Walters he was just a dumb, selfish kid who is asking for another chance after a year of reflection. We don't know. Therefore, If KW is happy to sign him, I'm happy to have him.

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

This derailed conversation pretends the pandemic is in the past.

The pandemic is not technically over but the chances of us going back to mass lockdowns etc certainly is.

Edited by GCn20

Updated:

Bomber Roster – Player Status for 2023:

Quarterback

Zach Collaros (A) – Under Contract

Dru Brown (A) – Under Contract

Dakota Prukop (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Running Back

Brady Oliveira – (N) – Under Contract

Johnny Augustine (N) – Under Contract

Fullback

Konner Burtenshaw (N) – Under Contract

Mike Miller (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Receiver

Carlton Agudosi (A) – Under Contract

Tavaris Harrison (A) – Under Contract

Jaivon Heiligh (A) – Under Contract

Brendan O’Leary-Orange (N) – Under Contract

Drew Wolitarsky (N) – Under Contract

Dalton Shoen (A) – Under Contract but in NFL Window

Rasheed Bailey (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Nic Demski (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Greg Ellingson (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Janarion Grant (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Timothy Knuettel (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

Greg McCrae (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Luke McMillan (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Offensive line

Liam Dobson (N) – Under Contract

Geoff Gray (N) – Under Contract

Chris Kolankowski (N) - Under Contract

Tomoya Machino (G) - Under Contract

Drew Richmond (A) – Under Contract

Stanley Bryant (A) Re-signed

Jermarcus Hardrick (A) Re-signed

Patrick Neufeld (N) Re-signed

Tui Eli (N) - Signed 3 Years

Michael Couture (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Eric Lofton (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Tyler Witt (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Defensive line

Thiadric Hansen (G) – Under Contract

Cole Adamson (N) – Under Contract

Cameron Lawson (N) – Under Contract

Ricky Walker (A) – Under Contract

Jackson Jeffcoat (A) Re-signed

Willie Jefferson (A) Re-signed

Jake Thomas (N) Re-Signed

Keion Adams (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Casey Sayles (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Linebacker

Tanner Cadwallader (N) – Under Contract

Malik Clements (A) - Under Contract

Brian Cole (A) - Under Contract

Adam Bighill (A) Re-signed

Kyrie Wilson (A) Re-signed

Jesse Briggs (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Shayne Gauthier (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Les Maruo (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

DeJuan Cooper (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Defensive back

Brandon Alexander (A) – Under Contract

Karon Delince (A) – Under Contract

Nick Hallet (N) – Under Contract

Noah Hallet (N) – Under Contract

Evan Holm (A) – Under Contract

Demerio Houston (A) – Under Contract

Redha Kramdi (N) – Under Contract

Deatrick Nichols (A) – Under Contract

Jamal Parker (A) – Under Contract

Desmond Lawrence (A) Re-signed

Winston Rose (A) Re-signed

Alden Darby (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Mercy Maston (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Nick Taylor (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Souleymane Karamoko (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

Cedric Lavigne (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Donald Rutledge Jr. (A)  Left for USFL

Tyrell Ford (N) – Signed in NFL

Kicker

Mark Liegghio – (N) Under Contract

Ali Mourtada (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Long snapper

Mike Benson (N) Re-Signed

Here is what we know to be fact about Tui.

Up until his vaccination status kept him out of the 2021 Grey Cup, he was widely regarded as our best non-starting OL, with many suggesting that he was the heir apparent for an OL spot when one opened up. He plays mean, nasty football and excelled every time he was thrown into the lineup. He is a natural centre that can play OG at a high level. We know he accepted a 3 year deal to be here.

Here is what we don't know. We don't know why he refused his 2nd vaxx. We don't know how committed he is to staying the entire 3 years. We don't know what a year away from the game has done to him (however when we got him it was after 2 years non-playing), we don't know what if anything has changed in his life or maturity level, we don't know how he will be accepted in the locker room on his return. 

I really love what we know about him, want answers about what we don't know, and am willing to bet that KW has a lot of the answers we are wondering about and felt comfortable putting ink to paper on him.