Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not sure anyone is worried about how many tackles bighill has or doesn't have. Was more an eye test that he wasn't making the same plays we have come to expect.

Bighill was just fine once Alexander came back from injury. He was playing deeper and in coverage a lot more when Alexander was out and I think it messed up his pursuit angles. He was very good down the stretch, vintage Bighill once he was able to play where he normally plays. 

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Bighill was just fine once Alexander came back from injury. He was playing deeper and in coverage a lot more when Alexander was out and I think it messed up his pursuit angles. He was very good down the stretch, vintage Bighill once he was able to play where he normally plays. 

Plus he was playing injured for some of last year, too, wasn't he? I don't have any concerns about him yet. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

That's a pretty big addition to a crowded offensive line.  Wonder how that impacts who we decide to bring back. 

He is a natural C, which Dobson is as well, plus Kola.......so I'm curious if this impacts Couture at all. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd bet Couture is all but gone.

I think so too. I was speculating today with a friend that Couture might be on the way out due to salary.   Now with this it seems like a no brainer that they aren't going to try and bid against BC again.  Let him go.   We are retaining a lot of talent and I would like to think that we will free up some money somewhere to make a big splash at receiver this offseason.   

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Surprised he signed. Still think he quit on the team - but if the team doesn’t care then I won’t either. 3 years is great. 

MC won’t go to the Gap

We used to sign murderers to play Center. 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He is a natural C, which Dobson is as well, plus Kola.......so I'm curious if this impacts Couture at all. 

Dobson mostly played RT in NCAA.  On paper I would say they have Eli at C and Dobson as the 6th guy still with potential to jump in due to injury to anyone.  Neufeld probably would kick to C, Dobson to guard if Eli went down.  If a tackle goes down, Gray probably out to tackle, Dobson in at guard.

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I think so too. I was speculating today with a friend that Couture might be on the way out due to salary.   Now with this it seems like a no brainer that they aren't going to try and bid against BC again.  Let him go.   We are retaining a lot of talent and I would like to think that we will free up some money somewhere to make a big splash at receiver this offseason.   

We used to sign murderers to play Center. 

Would not surprise me if he told them he wanted to play closer to home. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Even though surgical techniques have improved, it's still hard to overcome an Achilles tear injury.

He never had surgery

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Eli was a top 3..4 NFL center prospect before injury wiped out his senior season...what a huge and unexpected signing

Man...imagine Eli and Dobson just mauling the crap outta guys....

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

He never had surgery

Eli was a top 3..4 NFL center prospect before injury wiped out his senior season...what a huge and unexpected signing

Man...imagine Eli and Dobson just mauling the crap outta guys....

Wonder if he was hurt and didn’t want surgery. That could be why it took soo long to rehab. Just a wild guess though. Did he have a kid?

Imagine if desjarlais came back and we had drew eli and Dobson on the inside. Half the posters on this board would get 5 yards a pop. 

the fact it’s a 3 year deal is big to me. He’s a stud and that screams they trust he’s healthy and as good as ever. 

To me this really sounds like they don’t expect couture back. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Dobson is a natural guard who can play centre. Eli is a guard who could start at any inside spot in the league but is best at center.