Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

I know he split time between Hamilton & Montreal last season but afaik, Randle was never signed to us unless I missed something?

"CFL News" would be worth following if they re-tweeted rather than just taking everyone else's comments and retyping them. The original tweet said nothing about the Bombers. 

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Well whatever interest Ford has generated must have happened before last season, he only played one game and that wasn't enough to reveal much.  He must have a damn good agent working on his behalf.

Ford will have to walk on water to be offered a contract. He oozes potential but so do a lot of others with a more extensive CV.

the other thing to consider about Demski... with CFL players, we're not talking about millionaires... guys consider playing salary but also post playing career.... Demski likely already has business opportunities, maybe a job, and a home in Winnipeg.... and legacy... he could go down as winning 3 or 4 championships with his hometown team.... is playing somewhere else and getting an extra 15 or 20k worth it when you've got all that at home? 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so Couture the last remaining OL to sign....curious what happens there. We have options at C, so the Bombers certainly aren't desperate....

Not completely ideal to develop a guy for so long and lose him in his prime, but it is what it is.

Haven't heard much out of draft picks lately. Who are our up and comers?

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Not completely ideal to develop a guy for so long and lose him in his prime, but it is what it is.

Haven't heard much out of draft picks lately. Who are our up and comers?

The way this regime drafts/develops OL, it's not as big of hit as it would be for some teams.  We didn't miss a beat when Goossen retired or when Chung left.  As mentioned, we have guys already in place to slide in, should Couture not be back.

I don't know that we actually have too many draft picks we're waiting on at the moment.  Looking at the picks from 2020-22, most are already here or have been sent packing.  Cole Adamson is the only one I can think of that I'd consider an up and comer. 

2020: Noah Hallett, Brendan O’Leary-Orange, Marc Liegghio, Nicholas Dheilly, Kyle Rodger, Tanner Cadwallader, Bleska Kambamba

2021: Liam Dobson, Redha Kramdi, Patrice Rene, Robbie Lowes, Kyle Borsa, Shae Weekes

2022: Tyrell Ford, Cole Adamson, Chris Ciguineau, Jeremy Kapelanski, Cedrick Lavigne, Konner Burtenshaw

Edited by bigg jay

Kolankowski got better and better as the season went on. He started out slow but by the time Couture came back, I think a lot of people were wondering if we weren't almost better off just leaving Kola in there because things had been going so well. I would have no problem if they had to start the season with him. Dobson is a Manimal, for sure, but at this point, I'm still way more comfortable with Kola starting ahead of him. Couture is a beauty for sure, and hopefully they can work it out with him...

20 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The way this regime drafts/develops OL, it's not as big of hit as it would be for some teams.  We didn't miss a beat when Goossen retired or when Chung left.  As mentioned, we have guys already in place to slide in, should Couture not be back.

I don't know that we actually have too many draft picks we're waiting on at the moment.  Looking at the picks from 2020-22, most are already here or have been sent packing.  Cole Adamson is the only one I can think of that I'd consider an up and comer. 

2020: Noah Hallett, Brendan O’Leary-Orange, Marc Liegghio, Nicholas Dheilly, Kyle Rodger, Tanner Cadwallader, Bleska Kambamba

2021: Liam Dobson, Redha Kramdi, Patrice Rene, Robbie Lowes, Kyle Borsa, Shae Weekes

2022: Tyrell Ford, Cole Adamson, Chris Ciguineau, Jeremy Kapelanski, Cedrick Lavigne, Konner Burtenshaw

especially considering it was the same offseason for these two!