Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

It means there’s a year left on his contract and Farhan wants to make up some garbage gossip.

Yes, exactly. Farhan was also telling anyone who would listen that Walters was leaving us to take over his CIS school's athletic director position a couple years ago. He is, as always, throwing crap at the wall to see if it sticks.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I actually think it's a comment about Wade, who has been vocal about not wanting to be in his role too much longer (though I think he wants to put on the greatest GC of all time in '25 before he goes)... 

That could be. Wade has made it pretty public that he would like to step aside.

9 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

President is an entirely different job than Head Coach.

Hiring Osh for pres would be a terrible move on more than one front. Makes no sense. 

Hell, hiring Walters for President could be terrible. Football ops and business are totally different. But at least Walters could be groomed for it over time. That could make sense.

Meh....President is a go between team management and the board of directors. Walters would likely be very good at it. It's about vision, and selling it to the bean counters on the board and then making sure it happens. Wally was very successful when he was in a dual role of Pres/GM of BC, I am sure that Walters could have equal success.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

The moves don’t make sense to me at all. They’re not promotions, they’re completely different jobs.

I agree. I could see the tag of Pres. going to Walters with a bump in pay and a dual role with one of our Asst GMs, or MOS becoming more active in the front office. To me this is the most likely scenario when Wade rides off into the sunset.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll add. I think the long term plan is Buck as head coach when MOS decides to stop coaching.

Maybe Buck doesn’t want to be a head coach. He’s a former player who’s a good X’s and O’s guy. Not every Great coordinator wants or becomes a great head coach. I could be wrong but sometimes if you’re in a good situation why leave it? Lapo proves the grass isn’t always greener. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe Buck doesn’t want to be a head coach. He’s a former player who’s a good X’s and O’s guy. Not every Great coordinator wants or becomes a great head coach. I could be wrong but sometimes if you’re in a good situation why leave it? Lapo proves the grass isn’t always greener. 

As someone who has bounced around jobs and roles the last couple years...knowing what you're good at and your goals is key to happiness in the workplace. Getting promoted can be bad if the job isn't for you.

20 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'm thinking it's more of a case of he's in a good position with his whole career ahead of him and has the luxury of waiting for a good opportunity. No reason to rush to enter a tire fire. 

Thinking anything other than that is probably a case of some extra-thick blue and gold goggles.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

nothing really noteworthy from the Walters presser on right now....

-MOS extension "a work in progress"

-Not aware of any NFL teams that have asked for Bombers players to attend tryouts yet...

Tsn says he signed and then now he hasn't?

Just now, Nolby said:

Tsn says he signed and then now he hasn't?

Everyone just re-sharing the original report that they had agreed to terms. Nothing official was every confirmed.

It's still just a matter of time.

And speaking of time....does anyone know when the NFL window for workouts is? When should we start being hopeful that Schoen might stick around?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll add. I think the long term plan is Buck as head coach when MOS decides to stop coaching.

I don’t think they are that far forward mos will probably coach another 10+ years easy. If some one was gonna take over I don’t think it’d Be buck either. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bad link 

Shocking about Schoen 

Having every one back would be huge. A bit healthier year add a good vet and maybe a new rookie or two next year and they’ll be back in the cup again.  
 The same secondary with guys like Lawrence  Parker ford and Kramdi getting a bit more seasoning on top of the guys we have will be excellent. 
 The front with kyrie and a nose sand healthy hansen will be much better too. 
a full year of Brady running like he did the back half of the season will be sick. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t think they are that far forward mos will probably coach another 10+ years easy. If some one was gonna take over I don’t think it’d Be buck either. 

Having every one back would be huge. A bit healthier year add a good vet and maybe a new rookie or two next year and they’ll be back in the cup again.  
 The same secondary with guys like Lawrence  Parker ford and Kramdi getting a bit more seasoning on top of the guys we have will be excellent. 
 The front with kyrie and a nose sand healthy hansen will be much better too. 
a full year of Brady running like he did the back half of the season will be sick. 

Healthy Maston,Taylor,add a DT and find a kicker

On 2022-11-30 at 10:48 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

With Zack and Osh locked up now (or hopefully close to locked up) I'm looking for at least three more years in the sun, basking in some Blue Bomber glory.  Enjoy it while it lasts fellas....

As long as we draft ol soo well and do such a great job scouting young imps we will enjoy great football for a long time. Not necessarily favourites but very competitive teams. 

I think Matson and Taylor are likely both gone due to age and injuries combined with us having options such as Nichols, Alexander, Houston, Lawrence, Parker, Darby, Ford, Holm.

Shocked that nobody in the NFL has inquired about Schoen. If he ends up back with us, I can see Riderfans finding a conspiracy of some sorts here and Dickenson adding it to his airing of grievences about the Canadian Mafia.

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Maston hasn't played a game since the 2019 GC and Taylor will be 35 years old soon... unfortunately we may have already seen the last of those two guys

Still won't hurt to bring them back unless we're replacing them with someone who's established