Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

What does this even mean?

The thought, or should I say lack of thought, process over at Riderfans was that the Bombers losing the Grey Cup and MOS not being extended would lead to players and coaches exiting stage left as other teams picked up our entire coaching staff. Currently the suggestion is that Marty Costello is ripe for the picking and would move laterally to them to take on their OL tire fire. 

Today they have discovered that most of their good pending FAs have snubbed extensions in favor of testing FA. lmao. Sankey, Dean et al, have apparently informed the RIders of their intention to do so. TIRE FIRE!! They are going to be worse than last year.

EDIT:

Just a moment ago the same poster that stated that our extension of ZC for 3 years is a big mistake, has now doubled down and stated that MOS for 3 years is also a mistake. SMH. You can't make up stuff to illustrate how delusional a fan base they are that is more golden than that. There is no sane reasoning as to why the Bombers would not lock up MOS. Even if the team completely aged out and started losing in a couple years, I could think of no better CFL coach to begin a rebuild with.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The thought, or should I say lack of thought, process over at Riderfans was that the Bombers losing the Grey Cup and MOS not being extended would lead to players and coaches exiting stage left as other teams picked up our entire coaching staff. Currently the suggestion is that Marty Costello is ripe for the picking and would move laterally to them to take on their OL tire fire. 

Today they have discovered that most of their good pending FAs have snubbed extensions in favor of testing FA. lmao. Sankey, Dean et al, have apparently informed the RIders of their intention to do so. TIRE FIRE!! They are going to be worse than last year.

EDIT:

Just a moment ago the same poster that stated that our extension of ZC for 3 years is a big mistake, has now doubled down and stated that MOS for 3 years is also a mistake. SMH. You can't make up stuff to illustrate how delusional a fan base they are that is more golden than that. There is no sane reasoning as to why the Bombers would not lock up MOS. Even if the team completely aged out and started losing in a couple years, I could think of no better CFL coach to begin a rebuild with.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qx53aqt8isqk1t4d25\

Rider Nation say: Dickenson goooooood, O'Shea baaaaaaaaad. 

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It means there’s a year left on his contract and Farhan wants to make up some garbage gossip.

What's interesting about a team locking up key pieces to a group that's won more than anyone the last 6 years? Kyle walters will be here until he doesn't want to be here anymore or the team falls completely off a cliff. Which comes first.

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I actually think it's a comment about Wade, who has been vocal about not wanting to be in his role too much longer (though I think he wants to put on the greatest GC of all time in '25 before he goes)... 

He's only 49,maybe Walters hangs around and becomes Ceo,Oshea moves up to GM and Buck becomes head coach...just a thought.

54 minutes ago, Nolby said:

He's only 49,maybe Walters hangs around and becomes Ceo,Oshea moves up to GM and Buck becomes head coach...just a thought.

I mentioned this exact scenario about a month ago and was thoroughly shot down here.... The prevailing thought being that neither Walters nor Osh has shown any desire to do those jobs. 

President is an entirely different job than Head Coach.

Hiring Osh for pres would be a terrible move on more than one front. Makes no sense. 

Hell, hiring Walters for President could be terrible. Football ops and business are totally different. But at least Walters could be groomed for it over time. That could make sense.

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I mentioned this exact scenario about a month ago and was thoroughly shot down here.... The prevailing thought being that neither Walters nor Osh has shown any desire to do those jobs. 

The moves don’t make sense to me at all. They’re not promotions, they’re completely different jobs.