Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hooooeeeeeee to the Buck part.... 

"As a Rider fan I can assure you that management groups leaguewide are drooling about this ready to pick their pockets. That's all you need to know how about Walters and Co. are viewed in CFL circles. This is great news for the Riders"

16 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I dont know about that. His stats were down across the board last season, and he was much more noticeable in a bad way. Hopefully im wrong. Was quietly hoping the Bombers would go out and get Sankey.

I've said this about a hundred times. Here goes 101... His Interior DL in front of him wasn't as good at stopping the run as it was in 2021. No Stevie Richardson or Kongbo as they had departed. Jeffcoat was out for stretches this year as well. That left it up to the interior linebackers to step up into the A & B gaps themselves to stop the run. Play after play for 18 games. Just look at the injuries back there. Shore up the DL & watch our defense bounce back & play better. Biggie & everybody else.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've said this about a hundred times. Here goes 101... His Interior DL in front of him wasn't as good at stopping the run as it was in 2021. No Stevie Richardson or Kongbo as they had departed. Jeffcoat was out for stretches this year as well. That left it up to the interior linebackers to step up into the A & B gaps themselves to stop the run. Play after play for 18 games. Just look at the injuries back there. Shore up the DL & watch our defense bounce back & play better. Biggie & everybody else.

Not just run stopped but stove and our previous chain of nose tackles demanded double teams leaving the ends one on one. On top of that stove would still push the center back onto the qbs lap and create pressure. 
 The big loss with kongbo and hansen for most of the season is we couldn’t rotate des much at all this year. Not only was wj playing with no protection from double teams and no forcing the qb to move the pocket he played way more reps than he’s used to here. 

10 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

"As a Rider fan I can assure you that management groups leaguewide are drooling about this ready to pick their pockets. That's all you need to know how about Walters and Co. are viewed in CFL circles. This is great news for the Riders"

I am guessing this quote is from Rider Stronson?

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

which MIGHT be true, but it's too early to tell yet, and also the only mistake would be the guaranteed money, because aside from that, you can cut someone at any time in football. This isn't hockey where his contract is guaranteed through the term...

It could turn out to be true, but based on what we know factually thus far the odds of it being a mistake are very low. Especially when you look at the state of QBing around the league. If Collaros, the b2b MOP, wants a 3 year deal you would have to be absolutely idiotic not to jump on that. If you are signing players based on the worst case scenarios instead of what they have demonstrated then that could explain 4 cups in 100 years. There is absolutely no reason to believe that ZC doesn't have 3 years of high level QBing left in him.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree 100%. A dominant interior DL is nearly un-schemeable

12 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It was the BLURST of times?!

You stupid monkey! 

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

With Zack and Osh locked up now (or hopefully close to locked up) I'm looking for at least three more years in the sun, basking in some Blue Bomber glory.  Enjoy it while it lasts fellas....

It could last 30 years, who knows?!

Teams that won 15 or more games in a season, how their season ended, and how they fared the following year:

1989 Edm. lost WF, 1990 lost GC

1993 Cal. lost WF, 1994 lost WF

1994 Cal. lost WF, 1995 lost GC

1995 Cal. lost GC, 1996 lost WF

1995 Bal. won GC, 1996 lost EF as Mtl. 

1996 Tor. won GC, 1997 won GC

1997 Tor. won GC, 1998 lost ESF

2009 Mtl. won GC, 2010 won GC

2014 Cal. won GC, 2015 lost WF

2016 Cal. lost GC, 2017 lost GC

2019 Ham. lost GC, 2021 lost GC

2022 Wpg. lost GC, 2023 ???????