Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

According to them we are just signing a bunch of over the hill dudes and we will stink in 2023.

Yep who needs players like Biggie, Neufeld, and Jefferson and eventually Bryant, and Hardrick. CFL all stars....who needs em.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Willie Jefferson would start on any team in this league 

That is not even debatable.  He is a top 5 player in this league outside of QB.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I figured that was going to be the talking point....and it's not necessarily WRONG, but it's too early to tell just yet. And there's still lots of  young-ish guys yet to sign, that I believe will, it's just that the first ones off the board have been the old-and-possibly-too-old players...

Willie is in his prime, Neufeld and Bighill were CFLPA all stars. It's stupid commentary on their end. Even if they regress they are still better than most teams will field this year at those same positions.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I figured that was going to be the talking point....and it's not necessarily WRONG, but it's too early to tell just yet. And there's still lots of  young-ish guys yet to sign, that I believe will, it's just that the first ones off the board have been the old-and-possibly-too-old players...

Consider this, the same nutbars saying this at Riderfans are also saying we made a mistake signing Collaros to a 3 year deal. I just find it rich that a team without an OL, or QB would be criticizing a team for extending an MOP QB, and a CFLPA all star OG. Their GM would be tripping over his left nut to sign any of the players we have extended thus far.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Consider this, the same nutbars saying this at Riderfans are also saying we made a mistake signing Collaros to a 3 year deal. 

which MIGHT be true, but it's too early to tell yet, and also the only mistake would be the guaranteed money, because aside from that, you can cut someone at any time in football. This isn't hockey where his contract is guaranteed through the term...

15 hours ago, BBlink said:

I was wondering if he was on the PR considering they had a Pic of him in Bomber colours.

That is one BIG mother- 6'6" and 315 pounds- big enough to burn diesel. In watching his college highlights, he seems to move well for an elephant and plays right to the whistle- good attributes for a CFL O-lineman career.

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

which MIGHT be true, but it's too early to tell yet, and also the only mistake would be the guaranteed money, because aside from that, you can cut someone at any time in football. This isn't hockey where his contract is guaranteed through the term...

I'd argue that even in the worst case scenario it wouldn't be a mistake. Because what alternative would be have if Zach retired tomorrow?

Dru Brown, Prukop, and bring in the developmental guy - we're gonna have that anyway.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Consider this, the same nutbars saying this at Riderfans are also saying we made a mistake signing Collaros to a 3 year deal. I just find it rich that a team without an OL, or QB would be criticizing a team for extending an MOP QB, and a CFLPA all star OG. Their GM would be tripping over his left nut to sign any of the players we have extended thus far.

The list of things they are missing is fairly long (HC, GM, common sense, bars of soap, a 5th stripe, etc) so talking about successful teams is all they can do.

4 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Man the English language is dumb.  I am assuming he means re-sign as in new contract.  Not resign as in leave.   Anyways bring back OSH and more players will follow.

I'm dumb,I'll get Re-signed and resigned mixed up anyways,I just make up my own endings.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Three year extension for Osh. Three years coming up for ZC too. Sure hope we get that 2025 Grey Cup in our yard. Let's enjoy these next three seasons.

Yessir. A win at home would erase this awful taste in my mouth.