Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nah I don't think so. Pay him fairly why leave?

But what's fairly? I don't think we're going to get much of a hometown discount (somewhat ironically - we don't seem to get a discount from our Winnipeg kids - it's the all-star Americans who take less to stay here).

12 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't see him signing with another reclamation project after what he endured in Edmonton.  So which quality franchise is going to offer him off the charts money?  Bombers would certainly offer him north of 200k.  If Rourke signs back with BC it will be for a massive pay rise so they'll end up having to reduce expenses at receiver.  Toronto will have to give raises across the board as Grey Cup Champs.  Maybe Calgary will be in a position to offer on Lawler and Sask.  Montreal isn't going to pay a receiver more than Eugene Lewis is getting.  Hamilton has bigger fish to fry. I feel like Lawler will end up back here. 

I don't think we we're offering 200k last time - I certainly don't think we're going to have more room this year. We can't really predict who will be in the market, but teams are going to lose players to FAs, creating the need for other teams to "make a splash". Again, if we get Lawler, it's going to represent a major shift in his thinking from last season. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

I hope Lawler is totally recovered from his late season injury that put him out the rest of the way.....Give him a medical and then talk cash....He might be in someone else's crosshairs in any event....driving up his ask.....Too many variables in his resigning here

What's going to be Lalwers offer this year? He was by far Edmontons best receiver but nowhere near 300k good. Got a feeling Lawler will want to come back and maybe for a discount.

16 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't see him signing with another reclamation project after what he endured in Edmonton.  So which quality franchise is going to offer him off the charts money?  Bombers would certainly offer him north of 200k.  If Rourke signs back with BC it will be for a massive pay rise so they'll end up having to reduce expenses at receiver. 

BC has done a good job signing their receivers for longer contracts.  The only 3 that are F.A.'s are:

Bryan Burnham (A)
Shai Ross (N)
Jacob Scarfone (N)

I know Cottoy is currently trying out in NFL camps and Rhymes may also have a few tryouts but on the whole they are well stocked with upcoming receiver prospects.

16 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Canadians are gold. You keep the elite ones. McCrae is nowhere near Demski. Not even sure he is on the team next year.

Agree, nobody in the league can catch passes over the shoulder better than Demski and he usually takes them to the house.  Lawler is great at catching difficult passes, but he's not as dynamic as Demski picking up YAC.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That's a pretty low bar...

I don't mean so literally. The way he carries himself and inspires. He thinks with logic and seldom emotion. That's all I meant by that for people ready to ring me up