Grey Cup 2022 GDT

K-Shack

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I would of liked to have seen Prukop run with the ball since he did have open space in front of him

This... and if I remember the replay correctly* he appeared to also have Brady open as a check down option with lots of room to run... that could've been an easy first down to keep the clock moving

*I haven't brought myself to watching a full replay of the game yet... probably a few weeks away from being able to handle that... just going off memory of the replay from Sunday night

On 2022-11-23 at 9:59 AM, 17to85 said:

That's what I said seeing the replay. Bailey needed to take his route shallower to the sidelines since it was the guy covering him that made the pick. Just one of many little errors the team made that cost them in the end.

Regardless, it was very ill-advised throw.

On 2022-11-24 at 11:35 AM, GCn20 said:

I've lived from May long to September long in Northern Manitoba for the past 35 years. Are there some stinker days in mid May...sure. But you are grossly exaggerating and out to lunch to suggest it is worse weather than November, and the rest of your post is just non-sensical. Moving up the season a month does not represent any danger to our league, the game, nor would we be playing 4 down football. That's just a massive over reaction.

Your Dad's bad fishing trip luck aside let's actually use some historical data from Environmental Canada shall we:

WINNIPEG Historical weather month by month:

MAY  18/7 celcius high and low with avg 6 days precipitation

NOVEMBER 1/-6 avg high low with 4 days of precipitation

I get it that you are opposed to starting the season earlier but let's not pretend that your reasoning that weather is worse than November is sound. It is your choice and I respect your opinion on it, as you have your reasons but to suggest that November has better weather than MAY is nonsense.

If you move the season up one month for a MAY training camp with a first week of June start date you get 4 extra games in summer month and a Grey Cup around 3rd week of October where it is reasonable to expect it to be chilly but still good football weather. How this would make us into the XFL or convert us to American football is unclear to me.

Not to mention that the angle of the sun is far, far less obtuse in May than Nov...so any sun is going to feel much warmer.

On 2022-11-27 at 10:06 AM, Jesse said:

Brilliant planning, tbh.

I work downtown Toronto, and 30k people work down here every weekday within probably 4 or 5 blocks from Nathan Phillips Square. If you see pics, not many (if any) have jerseys or any Argo gear. Smoke and mirrors... All bored office workers killing an hour lol.

44 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I work downtown Toronto, and 30k people work down here every weekday within probably 4 or 5 blocks from Nathan Phillips Square. If you see pics, not many (if any) have jerseys or any Argo gear. Smoke and mirrors... All bored office workers killing an hour lol.

Shouldn't that be the BIG SMOKE  and mirrors......Yeah that franchise needs a transfusion of sorts....it's barely breathing...You'd think winning the Cup would translate into some excitement and more support....Won't hold my breath ....with the population that city has and it's regard for anything CFL ....brutal recognition comes to mind....They need guys like Bluto in huge numbers and that would only scratch the surface...Their current situation regarding the league is 'disgraceful'....Too many American wannabe's

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Maybe they should put the stadium there and have games at noon. Someone get Ambrosie on the phone....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...