Everything Soccer

bustamente

23 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Back in the 90s I was working in a mine in the northern Canada.  We had a Croatian bull cook  ( assisted the cook, cleaned rooms..... ) in camp. He was a jovial, friendly,  always smiling, joking with everyone  guy that  everyone loved. One day the foreman  and I  were watching a foreign movie on the rec room TV ( it was a sweet camp ). It was about a family trying to get into the west from the Serbia, Macedonia,  Turkey area. Y####  had come in the room and was standing behind where we were sitting.At some point my foreman said  "  Y####  who are these people ? " There was no answer so he asked again and  we both turned and looked at him.  I can only describe  his face as a picture of hate,anger, disgust. I have seen lots of angry men but never a look of pure, utter hatred.  It was shockjng. He then literally spat out.  " They're peasants ! Dirty filthy peasants !  " and stormed off. I'm not sure what he had gone through or what his life experiences were . The Croatian war was on and he had always said he wasn't going back till the war was over.  I've met and dealt with lots of people who were racist, or anti gray, ....etc but never before or since seen a look like that. Close to terrifying. 

3 hours ago, the watcher said:

Back in the 90s I was working in a mine in the northern Canada.  We had a Croatian bull cook  ( assisted the cook, cleaned rooms..... ) in camp. He was a jovial, friendly,  always smiling, joking with everyone  guy that  everyone loved. One day the foreman  and I  were watching a foreign movie on the rec room TV ( it was a sweet camp ). It was about a family trying to get into the west from the Serbia, Macedonia,  Turkey area. Y####  had come in the room and was standing behind where we were sitting.At some point my foreman said  "  Y####  who are these people ? " There was no answer so he asked again and  we both turned and looked at him.  I can only describe  his face as a picture of hate,anger, disgust. I have seen lots of angry men but never a look of pure, utter hatred.  It was shockjng. He then literally spat out.  " They're peasants ! Dirty filthy peasants !  " and stormed off. I'm not sure what he had gone through or what his life experiences were . The Croatian war was on and he had always said he wasn't going back till the war was over.  I've met and dealt with lots of people who were racist, or anti gray, ....etc but never before or since seen a look like that. Close to terrifying. 

Balkans and many other ethnic groups who are inter-related have been waging what are essentially civil wars for centuries because someone had an inappropriate relationship with someone else's goat or such and are so frozen in hatred and revenge that it would take a miracle of epic proportions to change those mindsets. One Serbian academic was asked why there is such enmity in the Balkans, and said that  the graveyards are not full enough yet.

Canada still the only team to score against Morocco in this World Cup. And Morocco and Croatia (finalists the last time) both made the semis. The other team in their group was Belgium, world #2. Turns out Canada drew the “Group of Death” this year. Does this change any perceptions about their overall performance?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

They scored a goal. The fact that scoring 1 goal was a historic moment probably should tell ppl that Canada didn't have any expectations... scoring a goal was historic. Says it all. Them scoring 1 goal was historic. They exceeded expectations I'd say considering they scored more than 1 goal 

From Sportal.eu

Fernando Santos is no longer Portugal's technical commissioner: the Lisbon coach, who has led the Lusitanian national team since 2014, has been removed from his post after the World Cup in Qatar 2022.

The quarterfinals won by Portugal, which was plagued by the Cristiano Ronaldo case, who was excluded from the starting eleven in both the round of 16 against Switzerland and the quarterfinal lost to Morocco, were not enough.

Fernando Santos, who won a European championship and a Nations League at the helm of the Portuguese national team, had denied clashes with Ronaldo but was openly criticized by CR7's relatives and friends, starting with partner Georgina. The federation will announce his replacement in the coming weeks. Mourinho's name is also being floated.

Because of their World Cup exit or because Ronaldo and some of his supporters think he's bigger than the game?

Or is this even a debate coming from a casual fan like me?

What do European HardCore Football fans say?