Week 16 Non Champ Games Thread

The end of that Calgary/Toronto showed the difference between a coach like Dickensen and O’Shea… I’ll preface this by saying I think dickensen is a great HC and one of the best offensive mind in the cfl in the past 20 years… in the CJOB post game show O’Shea explained that he went for it on 3rd and 5, thinking we could get the first and kneel out the clock… meanwhile, In Calgary, Carey picks up the first down with the team up 19 and 31 second left in the game… instead of kneeling out the clock, they run another play to try and score… for no reason other than to rub it in… if there was tie-breaker stuff in play, I would get it…. But otherwise, all you accomplish is running up the score and risk injury to your guys in all three phases since they had to run teams and defence out there for a couple plays. 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

The end of that Calgary/Toronto showed the difference between a coach like Dickensen and O’Shea… I’ll preface this by saying I think dickensen is a great HC and one of the best offensive mind in the cfl in the past 20 years… in the CJOB post game show O’Shea explained that he went for it on 3rd and 5, thinking we could get the first and kneel out the clock… meanwhile, In Calgary, Carey picks up the first down with the team up 19 and 31 second left in the game… instead of kneeling out the clock, they run another play to try and score… for no reason other than to rub it in… if there was tie-breaker stuff in play, I would get it…. But otherwise, all you accomplish is running up the score and risk injury to your guys in all three phases since they had to run teams and defence out there for a couple plays. 

That's the same as the 2019 grey cup...we gambled to do the same thing instead of kicking a field goal...but as fate had it we took ball back anyway and were able to close it out in victory fornation

11 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You think so? When they’re on they’re decent, but I think a healthy Stanback and their D makes Montreal better. 

Toronto has higher swings.

When they're bad, they're bad, when they're good, they're good. 

Montreal is just as inconsistent of course, but I don't think their upside is as high as TO's.