Week 16 Non Champ Games Thread

2 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I'd be pretty pissed if I was Acklin there... blatant PI missed by the official for a TO

Last place teams seldom get any breaks from the officials. He should look around for a contending team to play for next season.

57 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So LaPo gets fired this week?    Or do they wait until the end of the season?  

Why fire him now?  Just 4 games left. They have to pay him anyway so let him work for those forthcoming losses. 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

6 and 22 as head coach. He likely gets the year 

6 & 26 has a nice ring, don't you think? 

VAJ's best game in a long time. He needs to run to be effective and he did.

I thought the Lions "Salmon going up stream" TD celly was hilarious.

Hey PLAP... if your team scores FG's and the other team scores TD's, your gonna lose.

No advantage to canning PLAP until the end of the season. Good coaches have jobs & no one else should own any part of this years team's performance.

BC - TOR next week will be a big game to see if BC under VAJ is still a top club or if they're just beating up on bad teams like the redblacks.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

So LaPo gets fired this week?    Or do they wait until the end of the season?  

They would have done it already if they were going to before the season ended.

There was one report that stated OSEG doesn't want to play two coaches - so there's probably hope that the team will show something late in the year so they can keep Lapo on.

But there's no way they can sell that.

I cant get over Lapo yesterday. You are down 3 TDs, your season is basically over, and you drive the field to start the half, only to wuss through a short field goal instead of trying to give your team some hope. And then you do it again! Next BC drive wipes out all your "progress". What a wet kleenex of a coach that guy is.

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Lapo was on borrowed time, he should never be considered HC material again, keep him far away from the Bombers

No kidding. Begone!!

What are the characteristics if a LaPo offense? One word: struggle. Not every qb is a Chris Streveler. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So no shock that Lapo gets fired, only why now? It does nothing for the redblacks.

Fans were calling for it. 

3 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

Bit of a difference between a relatively rookie coach and a career underachiever like lapo

Not to mention that Osh showed a lot more promise, even early on. You could tell he wss going to be a good one, if they were just patient with him and let he and Walters build what they wanted to