Hillbillies vs Back to Back Champs GDT

Nolby

haha....what a hack article that was....a team that scores one offensive touchdown was never in the game....and they hardly could run the ball without an american back behind a now serviceable oline....or claims to be serviceable....The Faj sure didnt get sacked but was hounded all night....and that was with all the blatant holds.....too funny

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

haha....what a hack article that was....a team that scores one offensive touchdown was never in the game....and they hardly could run the ball without an american back behind a now serviceable oline....or claims to be serviceable....The Faj sure didnt get sacked but was hounded all night....and that was with all the blatant holds.....too funny

and how many failed 3rd and short gambles because the line got absolutely worked? 

This is why everyone hates rider fans. they actually believe the crap they spew in that echo chamber.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

LMAO

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/02/riders-loss-in-winnipeg-gives-saskatchewan-fans-new-hope/

What happened in the Winnipeg loss opened the door, just a crack, for a late-season Riders rally for a Grey Cup appearance at home.

copium.gif

The copium is strong with that article.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

it made me laugh how a lot of the article was "the riders were in it for three quarters"... "they held the Bombes to 17 points... through 3 quarters".... last I checked, games are 4 quarters

The difference between 15-3 and 3-15 is usually about 15 mins a game of domination/being dominated. McGuire should stick to hockey because he doesn't know **** from shinola about football.

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

LMAO

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/02/riders-loss-in-winnipeg-gives-saskatchewan-fans-new-hope/

What happened in the Winnipeg loss opened the door, just a crack, for a late-season Riders rally for a Grey Cup appearance at home.

Unbelievable perspective. The only thing he got right was Parcells quote. Yet, playing Calgary twice of three games remaining, guarantees those clowns won’t finish at .500. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

This article is almost impressive... it's almost like a troll job... like he's saying "I'm going to write the most ridiculously optimistic article following another blow out loss and let's see if anyone laps it up"... and he knows his audience will 😂

Reminds me of that poster from TEP who was always so wildly optimistic in the terrible days of the late 2000's and early 2010's.  We were always just one player away from a dynasty.  I like to be optimistic too, but there does come a time where you have to see the reality and stop being so damned annoyingly positive!

16 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Unbelievable perspective. The only thing he got right was Parcells quote. Yet, playing Calgary twice of three games remaining, guarantees those clowns won’t finish at .500. 

I mean, he also thinks LaPolice was "unfairly scapegoated" for the RedBlacks being as bad as they are: https://3downnation.com/2022/10/03/paul-lapolice-unfairly-scapegoated-for-redblacks-woes/

This guy's a lousy writer and an even worse sports analyst.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Reminds me of that poster from TEP who was always so wildly optimistic in the terrible days of the late 2000's and early 2010's.  We were always just one player away from a dynasty.  I like to be optimistic too, but there does come a time where you have to see the reality and stop being so damned annoyingly positive!

Was that me? I doubt it...but I was young back then and so I drank a lot....and I am a pretty happy drunk. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

just makes ya wanna laugh hahaha.....to heck with the 31 to 13 thrashing....and being swept...and looking like garbage...what a joke

Reminds me of 2010 when I hung onto the league power rankings (they had some formula back then based on the stats as opposed to wins/losses) having us ranked 2nd in the league for a lot of the year. Wins be damned...we were statistically impressive.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Could you imagine telling Rider fans after they beat the Bombers 21-6 on October 5, 2019 taking the season series that two years later that Bombers would have beaten them 7 consecutive games including two Western Finals and the Bombers would have 2 Grey Cups.

They were a cocky bunch back then weren't they.

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

LMAO

F!!ck this guy omg… this is the drivel you get after fishing a QAnon guru out of the Bermuda Triangle… the delusion is mind-blowingly spectacular 

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Apoplectic fit 😂

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Was that me? I doubt it...but I was young back then and so I drank a lot....and I am a pretty happy drunk. 

I don't remember a single game from the first three years at the new stadium. We were so bad I was black-out drunk by halftime every game.

I remember Buck throwing that first interception...then it get hazy...and then suddenly it was 2016.

Edited by Jesse

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

just makes ya wanna laugh hahaha.....to heck with the 31 to 13 thrashing....and being swept...and looking like garbage...what a joke

And none of the positives helped them in the standings. They’d sell more tickets for their next games if they fired someone - anyone. 

Trade deadline in two days…

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I mean, he also thinks LaPolice was "unfairly scapegoated" for the RedBlacks being as bad as they are: https://3downnation.com/2022/10/03/paul-lapolice-unfairly-scapegoated-for-redblacks-woes/

This guy's a lousy writer and an even worse sports analyst.

Write any bullshit and hope someone buys it. 

“Joe Mack was grossly misunderstood”. “Kyle Walters sleeps in the office and is just lucky”. 

Edited by Rod Black

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Will never understand why Paul Lapolice has so many apologists... Man has the same problems follow him around everywhere he goes but remains blameless in some people's eyes.

My guess would be that he and his name are recognizable. 

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Will never understand why Paul Lapolice has so many apologists... Man has the same problems follow him around everywhere he goes but remains blameless in some people's eyes.

We could go back and forth for hours on this and never agree, so I will try to answer your question this way. I believe that his apologists do not believe he is blameless, and can acknowledge his flaws. But they see the opposite extreme in his critics, that he is the ONLY one to blame, and any success is never credited to him but outside factors. So they offer excuses (or examples) where they see that his detractors have exaggerated his mistakes and ignored his contributions, and it comes off as “you can’t see how lousy he is and make excuses for him” to those detractors. Just like the excuses for any success he had being totally not his doing (he had nothing to do with Milt or Khari’s success in 2002, Streveler succeeded and got an NFL shot in spite of what LaPo did to stagnate him, rather than how he changed the offence to suit Streveler’s strengths) creates push back. For whatever reason, he is a more polarizing figure than most. Some get very offended it seems if he is referred to as an “offensive guru” and use it as a derisive term when the reality is that he has had more success than not (statistically and in team wins and losses as a co-ordinator) with his schemes but is not re-inventing the wheel, others get equally offended when he is called “the most overrated” or “loser” when he has won more than he has lost as a co-ordinator, but has a poor head coaching record, and has been better in an established program than building it up from the bottom himself. Each side criticizing or praising in moderation could give a fair picture of what he brings and lacks as a coach, but the fight goes past him and to the stances of the posters themselves, so it becomes personal and the reactions to countering opinions becomes more defiant and immovable.  Fair?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

7 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

40yearoldvirgin.jpg?fit=749,647&ssl=1

Straddling the line between optimistic and delusional.