Hillbillies vs Back to Back Champs GDT

Nolby

8 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And many still think Faj would be a good QB if only he had a better Oline, OC, QB coach, knee, water boy, mascot. 

He's obviously not a good QB, but he could be effective if they built around him. 

Why every team doesn't follow Walters' method of over-drafting OL, I'll never understand. 

And Maas does not seem to utilize his strengths at all.

There are so many shitty teams and QBs that the Riders should easily be able to walk into the play-offs, they just can't get out of their own way.

46 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's obviously not a good QB, but he could be effective if they built around him. 

Why every team doesn't follow Walters' method of over-drafting OL, I'll never understand. 

There are so many shitty teams and QBs that the Riders should easily be able to walk into the play-offs, they just can't get out of their own way.

They could win with him. But they have to realize that he isn't good enough to win by himself. It almost feels like the riders are waiting for a different version of Faj to emerge. I don't think it's gonna happen. 

Yeah the rider fans crapped all over mcadoo for his boring ass offense, but he tailored it to what his qb could do. Moved the pocket Ll the time, lots of shirt quick throws,  lots of rushing.  It's what you gotta do with a limited qb. 

Jason Maas though... he doesn't have the patience for that. He wants a qb that can make all the throws and play from the pocket and the run game is just an afterthought.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

I think Fajardos best hope is to actually run a Lapo offense. Quick passes, run options, play action roll outs etc etc. I could see him making that work for a bit.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

Over at Riderfans, much humour is to be found. Many there are casting longing eyes back at Marino and fantasizing that if only he were still on the roster, all would be well. There is a lot of anger and disgust directed at Fajardo, but they have also reserved bile for Doug Brown and O'Shea who apparently heaped scorn on the tender-hearted Rider team, who, gosh darn it, tried real real hard. 

I read that about Marino and then felt sudden guilt by comparing some of the folks on here with the people at Riderfans.   Marino had more major penalties then sacks and outside of injuring Masoli he had done nothing at all.   The Riders are not one or two players away from making it happen... they need 5 - 10 starters and then on top of that they need suitable depth.   That team is in shambles. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think Fajardos best hope is to actually run a Lapo offense. Quick passes, run options, play action roll outs etc etc. I could see him making that work for a bit.

it did early in 2019...then teams figured that out and took it away, and he had to start being a QB and we have seen how that has went ever since late 2019....not well...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

it did early in 2019...then teams figured that out and took it away, and he had to start being a QB and we have seen how that has went ever since late 2019....not well...

It feels like Fajardo always has a stat line of high completion % but only  5 - 7 yards per completion.   It was like that last game until the 3rd quarter as well.    I can't imagine the guy being able to play a cold weather game and having to push the ball down the field late in a game.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I read that about Marino and then felt sudden guilt by comparing some of the folks on here with the people at Riderfans.   Marino had more major penalties then sacks and outside of injuring Masoli he had done nothing at all.   The Riders are not one or two players away from making it happen... they need 5 - 10 starters and then on top of that they need suitable depth.   That team is in shambles

I know why they are in a shambles. They suck, that’s why. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I read that about Marino and then felt sudden guilt by comparing some of the folks on here with the people at Riderfans.   Marino had more major penalties then sacks and outside of injuring Masoli he had done nothing at all.   The Riders are not one or two players away from making it happen... they need 5 - 10 starters and then on top of that they need suitable depth.   That team is in shambles. 

They need a QB....pretty much a whole oline revamp....and prob 2 legit WR's who teams need to focus on stopping...thats just on offence...I'd say a safety who has a clue....and prob 2 db's....and likely LB help next yr, as who's to say that the guys they have want to be back...unless they overpay...I see Moncreif as a merc and will go to the money and Dean wanting to get out of there and go to a professional environment....oh....and the most important part...they need a GM with a clue and a HC with some onions, and who garners respect

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

It feels like Fajardo always has a stat line of high completion % but only  5 - 7 yards per completion.   It was like that last game until the 3rd quarter as well.    I can't imagine the guy being able to play a cold weather game and having to push the ball down the field late in a game.  

look at last game against us...just before half what was he...10 of 12 for 81 yards....no TD's...aint gonna get you to the promised land

AND the rebuild starts in the front office....They definitely have poor decision makers so a clean out at the top is where you start....not the bottom.......Hey ....why the hell are we trying to fix them....Remember all of the bull$hit we heard from them about not winning a Cup in 20 years...nah na nah crap....Let those losers b low in the wind....and by the way....I wonder how they like us now   heh heh 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

AND the rebuild starts in the front office....They definitely have poor decision makers so a clean out at the top is where you start....not the bottom.......Hey ....why the hell are we trying to fix them....Remember all of the bull$hit we heard from them about not winning a Cup in 20 years...nah na nah crap....Let those losers b low in the wind....and by the way....I wonder how they like us now   heh heh 

Post of the month! As far I’m concerned, that green team can continue to rot forever! 

15 hours ago, GCn20 said:

What the Riders need cannot be attained in an off-season. It is rebuild time in Riderville.

But they should have been doing this for the past three seasons. It's wild how terribly they've been run.

8 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

The number one thing that the Riders need is a culture shift in that locker room. 

For sure HC, possibly GM...And go from there.

That whole notion that the team will inevitably take on the persona of the coach holds true.

100% needs to start with O'Day. He is responsible for bringing in all the crap.

26 minutes ago, Jesse said:

But they should have been doing this for the past three seasons. It's wild how terribly they've been run.

I think they thought they were doing it for the past 3 seasons and is why I agree that JOD has to go. From what I have seen he can assemble a pretty talented roster, but he seems completely unable or unwilling to assess the character of the players. He judges them strictly on talent alone, and that is not enough. Every player in the CFL has some talent. The truly great players are the ones that bring intangibles along with the talent. JOD, and his coaching staff, seem to be unable to either find or bring out those intangibles in the players on the roster. It is his flaw fatale as a GM imo and I doubt things improve at all until they find a GM that is as equally concerned with building a locker room as he is with bringing in talent. You gotta do both and I am very surprised that JOD has not realized that yet and why I doubt he ever will.

Edited by GCn20

9 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

The number one thing that the Riders need is a culture shift in that locker room. 

For sure HC, possibly GM...And go from there.

That whole notion that the team will inevitably take on the persona of the coach holds true.

You have to have locker room leaders willing to buy in and help too. It's not all on the coach to make this happen. Players follow their locker room leaders lead. To get 100% buy in, like the Bombers have, you have to have guys who set the example and are willing to go the extra mile to get everyone else on board. Strong coaching certainly is also another prerequisite, but you have to recruit the right players, find the right leaders, and have a coaches vision they can believe in and sell.  When a locker room, and I use this term loosely, leader like Nick Marshall is openly feuding with his HC on social media it is a sure sign that there is a massive breakdown in the character and communication in that locker room. Any Rider fan hoping that the Riders will somehow overcome this and go through the East and win the Grey Cup at home is delusional. The Riders are a tire fire.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

O'day has been a serious failure there....he is one of big reasons they have spiraled into the abyss

52 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You have to have locker room leaders willing to buy in and help too. It's not all on the coach to make this happen. Players follow their locker room leaders lead. To get 100% buy in, like the Bombers have, you have to have guys who set the example and are willing to go the extra mile to get everyone else on board. Strong coaching certainly is also another prerequisite, but you have to recruit the right players, find the right leaders, and have a coaches vision they can believe in and sell.  When a locker room, and I use this term loosely, leader like Nick Marshall is openly feuding with his HC on social media it is a sure sign that there is a massive breakdown in the character and communication in that locker room. Any Rider fan hoping that the Riders will somehow overcome this and go through the East and win the Grey Cup at home is delusional. The Riders are a tire fire.

Thats key there 100%...if u have idiots as your leaders...well you end up with a team infested with em

16 hours ago, Stickem said:

funny I was just thinking the same thing... IMO the best thing the riders need to do to ensure their future is sign O'Day, Dickensen, and Fajardo to long term extensions... as a Bomber fan, that would make me happy... they totally deserve it

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

LMAO

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/02/riders-loss-in-winnipeg-gives-saskatchewan-fans-new-hope/

What happened in the Winnipeg loss opened the door, just a crack, for a late-season Riders rally for a Grey Cup appearance at home.

This article is almost impressive... it's almost like a troll job... like he's saying "I'm going to write the most ridiculously optimistic article following another blow out loss and let's see if anyone laps it up"... and he knows his audience will 😂

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This article is almost impressive... it's almost like a troll job... like he's saying "I'm going to write the most ridiculously optimistic article following another blow out loss and let's see if anyone laps it up"... and he knows his audience will 😂

Maybe the best front in the league... missing some huge pieces.... fullback made plays! Yeah exploiting the 3rd string special teamer playing in place of injuries... faj didn't get sacked  but he was hardly free and clean all night. 

The delusion is strong when you are grasping at straws like that. Come the 4th quarter when it mattered it was domination.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe the best front in the league... missing some huge pieces.... fullback made plays! Yeah exploiting the 3rd string special teamer playing in place of injuries... faj didn't get sacked  but he was hardly free and clean all night. 

The delusion is strong when you are grasping at straws like that. Come the 4th quarter when it mattered it was domination.

it made me laugh how a lot of the article was "the riders were in it for three quarters"... "they held the Bombes to 17 points... through 3 quarters".... last I checked, games are 4 quarters

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He conveniently leaves out the fact that the team they play next absolutely dominated the same defense the riders couldn't handle...lol