Hillbillies vs Back to Back Champs GDT

Nolby

Wilcotts had a great game...he was mugged all night too..and still got lots of pressure

Particularly liked on that 3rd and 6 riders gamble where he just blew up the right tackle and sent him on his ass

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm just waiting for the riders to re sign Fajardo, aka another wasted year.

Well....if they dont get BLM...who will get killed behind that line anyway..and I hear he wont go there anyway...they may be relegated to having to resign him...cause who else is there? 

Yup...this team does seem to know...and have the knack for when to crank it up and take over...seen it so many times this season so it's obviously a trend with them and not a one off

Man tho...would soooooo love to see this team fully healthy with all their starters and back ups in place to close out the season and enter the play offs

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

is the referee the only official who's looking into the backfield for holds?

I'm asking because at one point Jefferson had beaten his guy and was bearing down on Fajardo but didn't get there because the beaten OL had put a double hand grab on the back of his jersey.  it looked blatant enough that I didn't need a closeup to see it.

but then I noticed that WJ was directly between the referee and the hapless roughrider tackle.  I guess that's one way you get away with holding: keep your hands out of sight of the referee.

Yeah, that one was really obvious on the Jumbotron replay.  Honestly, not a good look for the league.

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wilcotts had a great game...he was mugged all night too..and still got lots of pressure

Particularly liked on that 3rd and 6 riders gamble where he just blew up the right tackle and sent him on his ass

Well....if they dont get BLM...who will get killed behind that line anyway..and I hear he wont go there anyway...they may be relegated to having to resign him...cause who else is there? 

There was a play in first quarter I think where pocket broke down and Fajardo was flushed out to Wilcox’s. side kept containment and he was forced to throw ball away. If he would of chased him Fajardo runs for a easy first down.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

There was a play in first quarter I think where pocket broke down and Fajardo was flushed out to Wilcox’s. side kept containment and he was forced to throw ball away. If he would of chased him Fajardo runs for a easy first down.

Yeah...he played very disciplined..noticed it on a,few plays

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That was the worst job a line judge has done in a long time. Reffing is hard and it’s a lot easier to catch stuff on tv or in the stands than in their shoes. But last night was inexcusable. Start to finish the riders got away with mugging and it wasn’t balanced. 

wilcots and walker both played extremely smart and were disruptive. Not going to over value being disruptive vs the worst ol in the league, but playing smart and disciplined when the other team is getting away with murder is incredible. I’d a lost it. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 hours ago, Tracker said:

Grant just ain't getting it done this year. We've waited long enough but he is not getting better.

Come on. He’s recovering from injury and had a tough game. But he’s far from done. Same complaining around here as it was this season with Liegghio, Brady O, BOLO being no good and we should move on. The lack of patience sometimes borders on the silly, especially for a team that’s 13-2 and should be given some slack and a player who has a proven past track record of success on this team. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Come on. He’s recovering from injury and had a tough game. But he’s far from done. Same complaining around here as it was this season with Liegghio, Brady O, BOLO being no good and we should move on. The lack of patience sometimes borders on the silly, especially for a team that’s 13-2 and should be given some slack. 

Never once heard anyone say BOLO was no good...that's just flat out made up crap by u there bud

4 hours ago, Booch said:

All I read on social media are that people don't realize how close BLM was to signing with the Riders in 2019. Hard Fact: The Riders would be better off to keep Fajardo than signing a 32 year old BLM who has had reconstructive surgery on his throwing shoulder & recovered from a broken leg. If they think BLM is better than Cody Fajrdo then Rider fans are delusional.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Over at Riderfans, much humour is to be found. Many there are casting longing eyes back at Marino and fantasizing that if only he were still on the roster, all would be well. There is a lot of anger and disgust directed at Fajardo, but they have also reserved bile for Doug Brown and O'Shea who apparently heaped scorn on the tender-hearted Rider team, who, gosh darn it, tried real real hard. 

Yup...they guys really played hard...we will go back and look at things and see where we can improve.. right now we just aren't a good team...we suck in a lot of areas....oops...was I thinking out loud...let's group hug (craig dickenson )

Not sure why they think their defense sucks now cause they "were forced" to cut Marino...they were sucking with him

Also they fail to realize they looked good and wracked up 90% of their sacks and int's in first 4 games of the yr when they feasted on the garbage teams...

5 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Re: Grant. It seemed to me like they were short kicking him most of the night so the ball was often bouncing when it got to him. Makes it tough to gather up or gain any momentum.

Then they'd best have him practice those kicks. That was the one thing that could have given the Riders a win.