Hillbillies vs Back to Back Champs GDT

Nolby

39 minutes ago, ddanger said:

First home game I've watched at home in years...thanks covid. I gotta say the camera angles in our stadium are fantastic. That overhead angle is fantastic.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but that 3rd quarter was horrible. No offence, and the play-calling seemed very soft to me. 

Yes we won, and the 4th quarter was what we expect from our team, but man, we gotta be better.

And what's with Willie trying to jump on the back of the qb? Just tackle him man, and not in the head.

The Willy j thing I think was frustration bubbling through at getting zero holding calls while being mugged all damned day

I watched the game on PVR and the things I noticed were:

• No Glen Suitor on a Riders game?  Has this ever happened?
  • Outside of the 3rd quarter the Bombers offense could do no wrong. That Riders secondary is turrible.
  • Blatant holds on the Riders all night long with no calls?
  • Even with the holds against us we may not of had any sacks but Fajardo had several plays that he tossed the ball away from the pressure.
  • Maas calling a 3rd and 1 deep hand off with that o-line which was getting destroyed in the first half? Why?
  • The new interviewer on the sideline has a terrible voice,  not a fan at all.
  • Holm sucks... definitely a weak link that needs to get replaced.  
  • Our o-line was doing great all game long,  by far best in the league. 
  • At least the Riders didn't take stupid penalties today... only stupid turn overs. 

If only that 3rd quarter didn't happen this would of been a clean great game from the club.  

Some thoughts after attending tonight's game and have a quick browse through tonight's comments in the thread:

- Some people REALLY need to breathe and relax. There's going to be lulls whether it be for a quarter, a half, or even a full game. This team is 30-5 in their last 35 games including the playoffs. They've shown more often than not they'll get the job done, even if it's not a masterpiece 

- That said, in those down moments, I wish we'd rely more on those X factor type players to try and get momentum back. Let's run McCrae on a reverse, or a quick crosser over the middle and see if we can generate some momentum with speed.

- I believe it was JBR that mentioned it, but our special teams coverage is very concerning right now. Way too many big returns going the other way right now.

- Not Janarion Grant's best game, but he'll be fine.

- CoFaj missing that pass in the flats for a walk in tudder was hilarious

- Bailey, Demski, and Schoen - studs. Good for Bailey too after a very quiet start to the season...But also needs to be considered in context given what our receiving core looks like when fully healthy and the fact that there's only one ball to go around.

- Brady O: Beauty cuts today, especially as we were grinding the clock down in the fourth quarter.

- Had the thought today, upon the sell out announcement that the team is going to have one hell of a nice profit this year

- Some of the non-calls on cut and dry holding penalties were baffling

- Great work by our D on third down

- Leggs: Solid night at the office.

- 13-2. Elks next week. Let's wrap up first, get healthy, and get ready for another party in November. Go Blue.

Our dbs got a lot of hate in this thread but from my viewpoint at the game they were playing zone coverage. The whole "he's so far off the WR" comes from people who have never played db. And I cant complain about the number of interceptions... Good work all around. Love a win. And as always, love my UND guys. Great game for Brady with +100 yards.

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The continuous holding on Jefferson was beyond belief - beats his man and gets his jersey grabbed - no flag. 

is the referee the only official who's looking into the backfield for holds?

I'm asking because at one point Jefferson had beaten his guy and was bearing down on Fajardo but didn't get there because the beaten OL had put a double hand grab on the back of his jersey.  it looked blatant enough that I didn't need a closeup to see it.

but then I noticed that WJ was directly between the referee and the hapless roughrider tackle.  I guess that's one way you get away with holding: keep your hands out of sight of the referee.

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I was fixing my faucet when Schoen scored his TD and thank the lord for that. The water dripping in my eye could’ve covered better.

Your faucet had fewer leaks than the Rider backfield, but far more easily fixed. Rider fans have to be concerned about the amount and frequency of quits in their team.

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

I can. They kick fgs against us 

Plus he is a terrible passer. That int was just laughable. Launches a moon shot way over throwing the receiver who quits cause it is such an overthrow... thankfully the db (Parker i believe) stuck with it and made the play. So horrible throw by the qb, but embarrassing quit by the receiver 

Nice to see that Riders are their gracious selves after another loss. Some gems on riderfans from those drooling toothless cousin f*****s. One guy was hoping to see a head injury to Collaros, while another stated "I am starting to think cutting Marino was a mistake . A questionable hit or two might make the Bombers respect us a bit or at least keep there heads up".

F*** i hate that fan base.

Watched from the YYC airport on my phone so couldn’t comment during the game. Regardless. Was concerned that we allowed the riders to hang around as long as we did before showing them how the game is played. I concur on the holding. Like common on CFL. Get some consistency on this. Maybe a couple more refs that their job is to just watch the online players for holds.  Might slow things down a bit at first but once people realize they won’t get away with it it will lesson. 

There was a play in the 3rd...or maybe the 1st...I can't remember, but I saw 3, possibly 4 holding calls in 1 play. Blatant holding on at least 3 different bombers during a run play to the sideline. I didn't even get upset at the fact the criders got some yards cause I knew it was coming back....until it wasn't. 

And the missed no yards call (there was at least one more after the helmet one too) was just confusing. What happened to the command centre being able to over turn obvious calls so coaches don't need to waste challenges. And wtf were the refs watching on that play?

I'm not sure what Gray did to AC "I can't pee" Leonard....but holy hell was he getting under his skin all night lol...at one point AC had him in a choke slam hold, trying to look like the undertaker. 

Dickenson is one of the most brain dead coaches of all time. On CJOB Brown (who usually annoys me) gave me a good laugh saying, Dickenson wanted to show the league how astute of a HC he was by challenging that RTP call with 21 seconds left. And that he did it, so he could finally win something. Lol

Edited by Bigblue204

I can't with this guy anymore.

“It’s been there the whole time that I’ve been here,” Fajardo said. “There are people that don’t like me and there are people that like me. That’s going to happen and that’s with any sport. There will be a lot of people calling for my head and a lot of people supporting me. I have a great support system with my wife and my family and friends.”