Weak (week) 15 Non Back-to-Back Champions games

Geebrr

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If you can honestly watch the team that Lapolice has built from scratch over two years in Ottawa and say you want that guy near a professional football team anytime soon you’re deranged.

He’s got a 10 year minimum sentence at TSN to cleanse from this **** show he’s created.

The guy can’t coach QBs.  You can’t hand over a team or an offense in any level of football now to someone who can’t coach QBs.

2022 Masoli was his 2010-12 Buck Pierce.

Don't think Oshea can coach QB's???

Lapo is done this yr.....prob keep him on till then and then they cut ties...I doubt he lands a HC gig...and if anything I see him in Sask...haha

Pierce ain't going nowhere...I see 2 teams...Sask and Ott needed a new HC..that is it...and possibly MTL..I know the gnome says he not in it for the long haul...but I dont believe it..

I can see Khari in Ott next yr...I can see Riders try hard for Killam out of CGY or they may have same situation as with when they had no choice Dicklesson and go within...so promote their DC sa as not to lose him..unless he has no control of the idiots there either.

Mass likely ends up in MTL in the ol recycle game of coaches unless they go way off the board...could see it

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Lapo is done this yr.....prob keep him on till then and then they cut ties...I doubt he lands a HC gig...and if anything I see him in Sask...haha

Pierce ain't going nowhere...I see 2 teams...Sask and Ott needed a new HC..that is it...and possibly MTL..I know the gnome says he not in it for the long haul...but I dont believe it..

I can see Khari in Ott next yr...I can see Riders try hard for Killam out of CGY or they may have same situation as with when they had no choice Dicklesson and go within...so promote their DC sa as not to lose him..unless he has no control of the idiots there either.

Mass likely ends up in MTL in the ol recycle game of coaches unless they go way off the board...could see it

LaPo has created such a mess in Ottawa that it'll take years to fix it. Much like  LaPo did here as HC & Tim Burke tried to fix but couldn't. Why would Khari even want to go to Ottawa? He's in a better situation in Hamilton & if any organization can turn it around quickly the Cats can. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

LaPo has created such a mess in Ottawa that it'll take years to fix it. Much like  Joe Mack did here as GM & Tim Burke tried to fix but couldn't. Why would Khari even want to go to Ottawa? He's in a better situation in Hamilton & if any organization can turn it around quickly the Cats can. 

FIFY. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

LaPo has created such a mess in Ottawa that it'll take years to fix it. Much like  LaPo did here as HC & Tim Burke tried to fix but couldn't. Why would Khari even want to go to Ottawa? He's in a better situation in Hamilton & if any organization can turn it around quickly the Cats can. 

If he wants a shot at HC again...then that would be a spot....he won't be getting that any time soon in the Hammer most likely...and a chance to turn a program around could be a nice feather in his cap??...maybe...

yeah...I think the gig is up...literally and figuratively...got what he wanted yr one...they sucked.....they went out and to most observers scored big in FA in yr 2...and u could say they suck even more..Masoli going out didnt help...but other than the first 2 games of season when we played awful they seemed to regress....interesting that really our offence hasn't missed a beat since he left, and if anything is more explosive and versatile....I think his success here was more of a product of the environment he was in, as opposed to him being the catalyst

58 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Paul likely moving back to the Peg shortly....UNLESS something big comes along with another club....Right now...don't see it

yup...I think he will be back on the Panel or doing a segment before a coaching gig comes along

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We just gonna blame the gm in Ottawa for Lapos issues too? 

Did I say that? No I did not. But since not saying it doesn’t allow you to pick a fight and throw stones at someone with a different take, you twist words and make up stuff that wasn’t said.

Convince me again that you don’t hate LaPo and this isn’t personal. Because you sure chafe at anyone who doesn’t give 100% of the blame and 0% of the credit to him for any and everything, or offers a counter-narrative to every criticism (some valid, some totally overblown) that you repeat over and over and over again. If you had even a half moderate response to those who say anything nice about the guy, or could allow yourself to concede anything negative isn’t totally on him or anything positive is partially credited to him, you might not come across as so over the top and angry, and could be taken seriously. But with you it’s nothing but an unbroken record of “sucks, loser, most overrated ever, arrogant, **** for receivers, wrecks QBs, useless play-calling, any success is due to everything else around him and in spite of his failure”.  Your contempt for him and anyone who tells you what you say is exaggerated is bordering on pathological at this point. 

And as a personal aside, accusing others of gaslighting is pretty rich coming from a guy who has thrown out some version of “your opinion is bad and you should feel bad” more than any other poster has over the years. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We just gonna blame the gm in Ottawa for Lapos issues too? Guy has all these defenders constantly making excuses for him... at what point does it stop and people realize that he needs someone to hold his hand and drag him along to success?

You do realize multiple things can be true at once right? Lapo isn't a good HC, Mack was a train wreck as GM for the Bombers...the two of them together put out a horrible product. And YES...some of the blame for what is happening in OTT is on their GM. That's football, it's the ultimate team game. A good football team is never because of 1 person....a bad football team is never because of 1 person.

Someone pointing that out doesn't mean they're running to lapos defense lol

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Someone pointing that out doesn't mean they're running to lapos defense lol

No but there are people who go out-of their way to make excuses for Lapolice. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Convince me again that you don’t hate LaPo and this isn’t personal.

No it really is nothing personal against Lapo, it's personal against his apologists. Bug difference.

Well I do know for a fact we lost out on 2 receivers in his time here....well because he was here and they didn't want to lessen their future earning power playing in his system, so yes I believe he isn't good for recievers...as for QB's who has he developed??..he stagnated Strev and tried to make him a gimmick....Nichols and Collaros were established, tho as time wore on here Lapo's system pretty much combined with Nichols injuries sent him down a downward spiral....he's had almost 2 seasons to develop Evans in Ottawa and if anything he has regressed...

Bad decisions?....well proof is in pudding the last 2 years he is a horrible....Horrible game manager as a HC....his HC record is what 22 and 48?...god awful....and his play calling...well we all have seen that for the most part...at least here he won in spite of it, we were lucky to have some generational talent to make it work...dudes a nice guy, and "can" be a decent co-ordinator....but man, sooner or later the coaching gigs are gonna dry up...I think its closer to later here for him...

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

PLAP lost his starting QB. Does MOS look better, worse or about the same as PLAP if we lost Collaros? 

He was 0-4 with his starting QB.

Ironically enough, Lapo has never had a successful offence as a HC. The only time he won more than 4 games in a season is in 2011, when we had the swaggerville defence. 

38 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

PLAP lost his starting QB. Does MOS look better, worse or about the same as PLAP if we lost Collaros? 

way better....all around way WAY better....and whoever is playing QB there...would be in, and running the Lapo system, and he would still be making the questionable in game calls, and still assessing the overall talent...etc...etc

Edited by Booch

https://www.tsn.ca/saskatchewan-roughriders-jake-dolegala-suspension-impaired-driving-1.1854091

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced a one-game suspension for quarterback Jake Dolegala following an impaired driving charge during the team's bye week.

Dolegala will address the media later on Monday.

"Yesterday, Jake Dolegala informed us that he was arrested in Regina over the bye week and charged with impaired driving," the team said in a statement. "Drinking and driving is a significant problem in our province, one that can have dangerous consequences, and we are disappointed in Jake for his actions. We are taking this incident seriously and have suspended Jake for one game and notified the league office."