GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Back-To-Back Champs

JCon

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And yet, it wasn't the stomach flu or food poisoning that made them lose the game. It was lack of discipline all game long again. Stupid penalties that extended stalled Bomber drives. Strange call again by Jason Maas. Third & one & he has Hickson running well so he calls a pass again!!! The Riders want sympathy but they need to develop discipline & Maas some brains. 

But but but the refs are against the Riders and O’Shea has them in his pocket and no other team is penalized as much as the Riders and the Bombers get away with everything and and and …..

🙄

6 hours ago, Booch said:

thats just going fully vertical from about the 5 yard line...leaving it all out there for his brothers...gotta love Sheed and his passion....he gonna shine now with Woli out I would bet

Every time this year we are thin at wr and need plays, some one else steps up and plays like an all star. Doesn’t matter how high or low they are on the depth charts. When called upon they come through.

No one else is gonna say it around the league because of higher star power and money else where but this is the best group of wrs in the league.

Any one of these guys can carry the bulk of the load, block like a mad man and will do all the un glorified work so others can shine. You can’t ask more from a group then that. and in the face of considerable injuries and in experience. 
 I bet it’s the cheapest wr core of any play off team by a mile too. And some none play off teams. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I made the mistake of checking out riderfans ...  they are so sour that they are crapping on Winnipeg people for disrespecting the National Anthem by yelling out  "True North".   Apparently everyone is suppose to stand quietly and allow the singer to sing with no audience participation.   

I also read about how they had upset tummies and they get a pass because of that.  

I am a little bit on their side on this one but let me explain. The true north at jets games makes sense. Bomber games not so much but I really don’t care that people do it (I do at jets games and not Bomber games). What gets me is the cheering and clapping right after it that’s more disrespectful then singing the actual lyrics lol. The few who were yelling during the moment of silence was a bit douchy. No need for that although that’s what booze and a ton of excitement will do. You will get that at any stadium in the same scenario. The BLUE during the anthem is probably disrespectful but I have no issues at all with it. Just like I would have no issues if they had green somewhere during the anthem there. 

the True North thing is really dumb at Bombers games, but I'm fine with it at Jets games. Honestly, I'm as proud a Canadian as you'll ever see, but I am wildly in favour of doing away with national athems altogether. It's just such a waste of time. We're here for the game, let's get on with it. I don't need a kumbaya singalong to prove that I'm a proud Canadian. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the True North thing is really dumb at Bombers games, but I'm fine with it at Jets games. Honestly, I'm as proud a Canadian as you'll ever see, but I am wildly in favour of doing away with national athems altogether. It's just such a waste of time. We're here for the game, let's get on with it. I don't need a kumbaya singalong to prove that I'm a proud Canadian. 

Almost as bad as saying "Why bother having a moment of silence also,  just play some football!".     Reminds me of that guy who used to post here (or was it ourbombers?)  that was shouting GO BLUE during a moment of silence.     That was bad.  

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Why do we have national anthems anyway? It's probably a throwback to the two World Wars when we were actually fighting for something. Today, it's just too political. Look at how things went with the Star Spangled Banner in the US. What a **** show that became. If it was up to me, I'd ban O Canada entirely. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah...Ham...Edm...Mtl..Mtl..Ott...see the correlation??

Dickenson has to go. I think he knows that even with a crossover he's done. And he should be. Lousy coach. Too many excuses for everything. The discipline issues continue. The Riders just won't stop. That on the HC. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I am a little bit on their side on this one but let me explain. The true north at jets games makes sense. Bomber games not so much but I really don’t care that people do it (I do at jets games and not Bomber games). What gets me is the cheering and clapping right after it that’s more disrespectful then singing the actual lyrics lol. The few who were yelling during the moment of silence was a bit douchy. No need for that although that’s what booze and a ton of excitement will do. You will get that at any stadium in the same scenario. The BLUE during the anthem is probably disrespectful but I have no issues at all with it. Just like I would have no issues if they had green somewhere during the anthem there. 

I hate the True North chant.  Don't understand why so many people are shouting support for extremely wealthy people who are taking their hard-earned money to watch a very mediocre hockey team.

Gets even worse when you hear it at your kids' science fair awards.

On 2022-09-10 at 11:34 PM, Mike said:

I don’t care what they think, but it does bother me that someone takes it so seriously that they’d make a comment that ugly 

I've seen comments on social media. The Bombers & we their fans as a result are so deep in the heads of some of their fans that they're starting to go insane. It's direspectful, sure but the fact some are so tortured is extremely funny to me. 

31 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I hate the True North chant.  Don't understand why so many people are shouting support for extremely wealthy people who are taking their hard-earned money to watch a very mediocre hockey team.

Gets even worse when you hear it at your kids' science fair awards.

It started in appreciation of bringing the Jets back.   Something that meant a lot to many people in the city.   Alternatively, if people don't want to pay for Jets tickets, then the team will leave again.

The mediocre part comes and goes.   I suppose long term we will find out if Winnipeg can field a competitive team given the challenges of a smaller market team.   Probably need to give a GM a chance outside of Chevy to really find the answer though.

I do pay for Jets tickets (mini pack).  I don't participate in the True North chant.   Don't begrudge those that do.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

It started in appreciation of bringing the Jets back.   Something that meant a lot to many people in the city.   Alternatively, if people don't want to pay for Jets tickets, then the team will leave again.

The mediocre part comes and goes.   I suppose long term we will find out if Winnipeg can field a competitive team given the challenges of a smaller market team.   Probably need to give a GM a chance outside of Chevy to really find the answer though.

I do pay for Jets tickets (mini pack).  I don't participate in the True North chant.   Don't begrudge those that do.

I know a lot of folks that appreciate the jets, and participate in the chant. I’m one of many many folks that sings the national anthem aloud, whether it’s Canadian or the U.S. and both when offered. Do that at Jays games in the U.S. as well.
It’s a hockey market, and if it’s a little quirky, that’s ok. 

Didn’t we co-opt the “glorious and BLUE” chant from the Riders, who said “glorious and GREEN”? (Which at least sounds like “glorious and free”). I always thought the BLUE yell made more sense replacing “True” in “True North” plus then we aren’t cheering for the Jets at a Bomber game. 

4 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Don’t mind “true north” or blue”. It’s a Winnipeg thing and people feel proud about it. They feel unique in this city, in a unique country. Many sports teams have fan driven adaptions to anthems.  

Isn’t that the whole point of an anthem any way? I wish more areas of each country had their own ritual like that for their anthem. It adds to tradition doesn’t take away. 

I won’t get political, some groups in this country have a more American leaning and would rather be poor man’s Americans than Canadians. And down south the anthem is a big deal. It’s incredibly pretentious. I’ve seen terrible stuff happen to people too slow to rise and remove their hats or who had a coughing fit and more. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That guy is amazing

no one has more fun on this roster than yoshi. We are lucky to have a guy like that. It’s one of my greatest hopes for this club that he remains involved with the team after he retires. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Didn’t we co-opt the “glorious and BLUE” chant from the Riders, who said “glorious and GREEN”? (Which at least sounds like “glorious and free”). I always thought the BLUE yell made more sense replacing “True” in “True North” plus then we aren’t cheering for the Jets at a Bomber game. 

Blue north? 

I've got a question for all of you armchair QBs out there. Actually, maybe, just an observation. So Collaros tosses one to Bailey and he takes it in for a TD with 30 seconds left in the first half. Score is then 27-7. Bombers kickoff and SK starts moving the ball down field. On the second last play of the half (seven seconds left on the clock) SK is near centre field and Farjardo throws his usual short one that is caught  by one of their guys at about our 45-46. The guy drops and not one but a couple of Bombers immediately touch him down with two seconds still on the clock. On the last play of the half Lauther kicks a 53 yd FG to bring the score to 27-10. I realize that in the end that FG didn't matter but had the Bombers not touched the downed receiver, the two seconds would have gone and the half would have ended at 27-7. I realize this is one of those in the heat of the moment things but I would have thought the players on the field would have been more aware of the clock, especially a vet like Bighill. Was the Bomber coaching staff aware? Was it a teaching moment? Your thoughts?