Playoff Update

TrueBlue4ever

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

The way it looks, and could go I dont see SSK getting the crossover...Sask has a game here in Wpg...they are in Hamilton and then have back to back against CGY who will be fighting for a home playoff date with B.C...so they will be going guns a blazing.

Ham has the SSK game coming off a bye...they in CGY and then home and home against Ottawa...so that game against Riders will be huge, especially if we do Ham a fovour and take out our anger on that last loss against the Riders this week...which pretty sure happens

Sask I can actually see losing out the rest of the season and end at 6 and 12, so Hamilton needs 2 wins out of those 4 games, and with Ott twice and that Sask I like their chances...be interesting to see these last 4 weeks play out.

we need to go .500 in our final 4 to guarantee 1st...and not have to schedule watch...I like our chances

I would love to see that happen, but I'm in the opposite camp. The East is just too weak , and Hamilton needs to play lights out till the end of the season... I don't see that happening.   SASK might have an easier time in the East then in the West. 

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This is true only if we beat BC in one of our games. We could go .500 and still finish 2nd if BC runs the table. We control our destiny but so does BC. 

YEAH....True...I forgot they had a game in hand

28 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I would love to see that happen, but I'm in the opposite camp. The East is just too weak , and Hamilton needs to play lights out till the end of the season... I don't see that happening.   SASK might have an easier time in the East then in the West. 

Hamilton's remaining schedule should get them 3 wins....Sask lucky to get 1...likely none...and with 6 wins....it wont be enough..they need to have more wins than Hamilton...and dont see it happening when dust settles

34 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This is true only if we beat BC in one of our games. We could go .500 and still finish 2nd if BC runs the table. We control our destiny but so does BC. 

I don't know if I'd say they control their destiny if they need us to lose games to get 1st. 

We are 3 wins up. 

Right now teams that control their destiny (don’t need other teams to lose to advance their position) are everyone but Edmonton. But Ottawa and Hamilton also need help to guarantee a playoff spot:

Winnipeg (4 games left) - win 1 game to clinch 2nd, win 3 to clinch 1st

BC (5 games left) - win 4 to clinch 2nd, win 5 to clinch 1st 

Calgary (5 games left) - win 2 to clinch 3rd (or 1 if that win is against Saskatchewan), need help to get 2nd or 1st

Saskatchewan (4 games left) - win 3 to clinch a crossover, need help to get 3rd or 2nd 

Edmonton (4 games left) - Need help, period. Win 4 and need minimum 4 other specific outcomes in other games to make playoffs, or win 3 and need minimum 8 other specific outcomes in other games to make playoffs

Toronto (5 games left) - win 4 to clinch 1st (or 2 if 1 win is against Montreal)

Montreal (5 games left) - win 5 to clinch 1st, win 3 to clinch 2nd (or 2 if 1 win is against Ottawa), win 2 to clinch 3rd. 

Hamilton (4 games left) - win 3 to clinch 3rd (or 2 if both wins are against Ottawa), need help to make playoffs

Ottawa (5 games left) - win 5 to finish 3rd, need help to make playoffs

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

YEAH....True...I forgot they had a game in hand

Hamilton's remaining schedule should get them 3 wins....Sask lucky to get 1...likely none...and with 6 wins....it wont be enough..they need to have more wins than Hamilton...and dont see it happening when dust settles

The big game is the head-to-head match-up. If Hamilton loses their path becomes a lot tougher, but not impossible (they need to win out and have Saskatchewan lose out). Calgary will have an impact on both teams, and may have more to play for when they meet Hamilton than when they face Saskatchewan at year’s end. Should be interesting, but the Riders are definitely trending down, and always a question of which Hamilton team shows up (the Bomber destroyers or the Alouette *****-cats). 

Selfishly, would still love to see the Riders sneak in to the 4 spot and pull an upset run through the East to get a home Grey Cup, provided the Bombers are there too. I am in Regina for the Cup this year and the energy would be sky-high that week for a Bomber-Rider Grey Cup, TV ratings would likely be through the roof based on how these teams always draw eyeballs, plus a win at IG Field West would continue the tradition (1st exhibition game there we tied, 1st regular season game, 1st playoff game, 1st West Final, and first NHL hockey game Winnipeg won all, so 1st Grey Cup there would complete the cycle) and wash away 2007 forever. 

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't know if I'd say they control their destiny if they need us to lose games to get 1st. 

We are 3 wins up. 

They don’t need us to lose any games other than the ones where they play us, so they control their destiny in that they can win out and pass us. They don’t need another team to beat us for them. 

We are only 2 losses ahead, and that is the number to focus on. Since there are two games left against them and we haven’t clinch the season series yet, they win out, tie us at 14-4, and win the tiebreaker. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Right now teams that control their destiny (don’t need other teams to lose to advance their position) are everyone but Edmonton. But Ottawa and Hamilton also need help to guarantee a playoff spot:

Winnipeg (4 games left) - win 1 game to clinch 2nd, win 3 to clinch 1st

BC (6 games left) - win 5 to clinch 2nd, win 6 to clinch 1st 

Calgary (5 games left) - win 2 to clinch 3rd (or 1 if that win is against Saskatchewan), need help to get 2nd or 1st

Saskatchewan (4 games left) - win 3 to clinch a crossover, need help to get 3rd or 2nd 

Edmonton (4 games left) - Need help, period. Win 4 and need minimum 4 other specific outcomes in other games to make playoffs, or win 3 and need minimum 8 other specific outcomes in other games to make playoffs

Toronto (5 games left) - win 4 to clinch 1st (or 2 if 1 win is against Montreal)

Montreal (5 games left) - win 5 to clinch 1st, win 3 to clinch 2nd (or 2 if 1 win is against Ottawa), win 2 to clinch 3rd. 

Hamilton (4 games left) - win 3 to clinch 3rd (or 2 if both wins are against Ottawa), need help to make playoffs

Ottawa (5 games left) - win 5 to finish 3rd, need help to make playoffs

BC only has 5 games left

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They don’t need us to lose any games other than the ones where they play us, so they control their destiny in that they can win out and pass us. They don’t need another team to beat us for them. 

We are only 2 losses ahead, and that is the number to focus on. Since there are two games left against them and we haven’t clinch the season series yet, they win out, tie us at 14-4, and win the tiebreaker. 

if they win out...they have 14 wins....we go 500...we have 14 wins...take care of business against BC in one of the games....and beat either Elks or Riders as well....first is ours...we control our fate...and theirs really...we beat em...they in 2nd

35 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yup, that is true. I definitely didn’t put 2+2 together on that one.

I am 100% unconcerned about that scenario though.

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yup, that is true. I definitely didn’t put 2+2 together on that one.

I am 100% unconcerned about that scenario though.

Yeah, I am trying to do the mathematical possibilities (with varying degrees of success #Monday). If assessing chances based on logic and common sense, Bombers in extremely good shape for 1st and honestly a lock for at least 2nd. Sask has some work to do to get a crossover and probably needs assistance to get there rather than doing it all on their own, Edmonton and Ottawa need lots of help, Hamilton has a shot to get in and can really help themselves. BC has a leg up on Calgary that is to the season series but the injury situation could quite easily see a flip of positions there. Barring a collapse Toronto should be pencilled in at #1 in the East again. Montreal has enough cushion already to make the playoffs. 

29 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Man Farhan sure carries the water for BC.  I forget if it was on Twitter or during the game that they said Rourke is already walking in a boot and could be seen this year...  Like come on.

You mean the shoe in for mop? He’s more super hero than man according to the media. 
cfl media is terrible. 

Rourke coming back would be negligence. That young man has his whole career ahead of him. If he comes back this year that’s seriously put at risk and doesn’t necessarily give them any improved chance to win. 

him being hurt gives them their best chance next year. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

from the league: 

Yeah, but who are you going to trust, them or me? That can’t even make a schedule properly. 

And Toronto has already clinched a home playoff date. They have won the season series (and this the tiebreaker) against both Ottawa and Hamilton, and neither team can win more games than Toronto already has. 

On 2022-09-26 at 11:12 AM, Stickem said:

Burnham has a fractured wrist....Adams stunk the joint out against Cal....Basically they have no qb. B.C. has a big hill to climb AND they do't have a Bighill...go figure...B.C will finish third and play in Cal. in the semi....

Man I feel for Burnham. I'd take him in Blue and Gold anytime of the day.