Hillbillies at Back 2 Back Champs Banjo Bowl Early talk

Nolby

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Actually Riders had 3 big plays off of missed tackles, on CF,  in the backfield.   If you limit  his ``schoolyard``stuff......they will struggle on O

at least twice WJ5 had him in the backfield and he got away. Re-watched the game last night and was still angry about it...

3 hours ago, Booch said:

man....other than that LB group....that line-up is horrid....good lord....that O-line??....is that even pro quality????

I know you like to **** on the Riders... and I find it mostly enjoyable and entertaining... but they have some decent players... Hickson is a player... Shaffer-Baker, Moore, and Evans are all good (problem is the guy throwing the ball)... and Leonard and Robertson are a good rush end tandem... I agree that this Riders team is nowhere near good enough to beat the Bombers or cause any damage in the playoffs... but they have about half a good roster

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Two straight weeks now of Couture practicing in full and still not playing. Seems odd.

Gotta get back into game shape. He was always a light ol too. Iirc he was 276 when we drafted him. Probably making sure he’s 100% ready to go not just healthy but not rusty or out of shape. 

could also be that he’s moving faster than the training staff thinks he should. 

50 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Two straight weeks now of Couture practicing in full and still not playing. Seems odd.

He really should start this game unless a minor setback in my opinion.

Cannot wait. Watch our running game take giants leaps forward!!

Zach a second more time.

tomorrow could be breath taking.🤯

Edited by GOLD MEMBER

Not to peer through blue goggles...but I dont see it turning...especially with guys trickling back into line up..and some intruiging new guys coming in.

The beauty of things is we are going to be adding Couture...Ellingson and BA back in lineup in no time...that's as good as getting an NFL returner...but almost better as they dont have to learn a new system....they just hit ground running

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Can't help feeling that we have had so many improbable comeback wins with a depleted lineup that it seems like a cheesy movie script, and a part of me is wondering when the tide will turn. 

Which wins were improbable? Depending on your view game 1 versus Ottawa and the Toronto game? So that's 2.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Chris Schultz talked about entering training camp healthy but needing all the pounding reps for three weeks to basically get his body used to the pain so he could be ready for the start of the season. Maybe it’s that philosophy being used here. 

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not to peer through blue goggles...but I dont see it turning...especially with guys trickling back into line up..and some intruiging new guys coming in.

The beauty of things is we are going to be adding Couture...Ellingson and BA back in lineup in no time...that's as good as getting an NFL returner...but almost better as they dont have to learn a new system....they just hit ground running

If grant is healthy I’m not worried about adding. Returner either. That leaves us with one and a back up. 
 I’d have mcg practice fielding punts. Dude is electric, and strong on his feet plus has great hands. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Which wins were improbable? Depending on your view game 1 versus Ottawa and the Toronto game? So that's 2.

Game one vs Ottawa back-up QB forced into the game cold for a last minute drive to set up a game winning field goal at the buzzer

Game four at Toronto opt for a convert instead of Harris 2 point run attempt after he had dominated on the ground late, and they miss it to prevent OT. 

Game six vs Calgary they arguably drop 4 TD passes, for sure 2 which cost them 14 points. 

Game seven Collaros completes only 7 passes and the team also has only 86 total yards rushing, those kind of numbers rarely win games but it’s against the Elks.   

Game nine at Montreal they clang a go-ahead field goal off the goal post and then  we get two quick scores off a punt return and interception deep in their end late to pull ahead. 

Game twelve at Saskatchewan we are down by 14 in the most hostile road environment of the year, they take a bench penalty from a player not even on the roster to kill a promising drive when we were on our heels, our kicker makes a career long, and then they are in position to re-gain the lead when we get a tipped INT deep in our end. 

Now before you get angry, improbable does not mean undeserved. At some point you are what your record says you are, and the team has made the big plays when needed, and other teams haven’t.  And the luck of the football gods cuts both ways, as seen in game ten where we stop Montreal on a third down gamble but a toe offside gives them a fresh set to score the tying TD, and we miss two consecutive convert length field goals to go from winning to losing. 

But winning so many close games where one or two plays separate wins from losses feels improbable over the long haul, so I too worry about the law of averages catching up to us at some point if we keep playing only to the level of our opponent. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

6 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He has bench marks to hit and hasn’t reached them yet. Put him out there before his weight/strength are back and he’s just going to get re-injured.