Mos Class vs Marino Cheap Shot

BigBlue

According to Oshea, an official saw the play butr did not  think it  was a hard enough hit to warrant a penalty.  I gues with his vast medical knowledge, he could determine at that instant that Zac would not be injured. According to Riderfans, it was Zac's fault as he stepped into Marino. Great acting on his Zac's part, supposedly

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly I didn’t think it was a penalty worthy call, but Marino is still a piece of **** 

I mean they can only practice in pads 12 times per season.  They have cracked down pretty hard on "tourist" hits not even that far away from the ball.  Think in this era they need to call that kind of stuff...otherwise we're all gonna have Jamie Newman's starting.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean they can only practice in pads 12 times per season.  They have cracked down pretty hard on "tourist" hits not even that far away from the ball.  Think in this era they need to call that kind of stuff...otherwise we're all gonna have Jamie Newman's starting.

I hate the hit but I’m trying to be realistic about it and I feel like if Willie did that to Fajardo we’d be upset with a flag.

But I see both sides

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly I didn’t think it was a penalty worthy call, but Marino is still a piece of **** 

Vehemently disagree. Two mississippi's since the ball was out of his hands, had his back turned, was defenseless, and didnt see it coming/couldnt protect himself. How is that play any different from hitting a QB late after he's already thrown the ball?? A play that is ALWAYS called a penalty. Textbook/classic roughing the passer. You'd be singing a different tune if Collaros had broken ribs or separated his shoulder.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I hate the hit but I’m trying to be realistic about it and I feel like if Willie did that to Fajardo we’d be upset with a flag.

But I see both sides

We might be upset but it would still be the right call and most reasonable people would accept it eventually...just like many Rider fans are as well.

The big difference is that Willie doesn't have a reputation for injuring QBs so he'd get the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't malicious. Would still be a penalty though.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

But I see both sides

Honestly don't see any of our guys making a hit like that on a QB who handed ball off very clearly and isn't even trying to fake a boot or anything.

There's only one player in the league making that hit.

Even Lawrence's big hits are on guys with ball or QB who just released ball on a scramble.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Vehemently disagree. Two mississippi's since the ball was out of his hands, had his back turned, was defenseless, and didnt see it coming/couldnt protect himself. How is that play any different from hitting the QB late after he's already thrown the ball?? A play that is ALWAYS called. Textbook/classic roughing the passer. You'd be singing a different tune if Collaros had broken ribs or separated his shoulder.

And that's just it.  You can see Marino locate the ball and then make the choice to hit the QB who clearly does not have the ball.  There's no defense of "oh I thought it was a read option."

Collaros doesn't run with the ball.  The fake to Demski is the option.  Did he chase down Demski?  No.  He locates the ball and drills the QB who's barely even moving, more or less stationary at the point.

50 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Sorry that wasn't my point.  I'm at the cabin and internet is spotty at best.  I just care Collaros was ok from tbe cheap late hit.  It was bad real bad.  I just want to know he's alright and it looks like he is.

I am not condoning the hit at all.  Sorry for confusion. It was terrible.

He didn’t come out but we don’t really know. If he was a little banged up they wouldn’t say any thing. Gotta play Moronino and the plaugue$h!ts two out of the next three still. 

no worries 

He takes three steps after the ball has been pitched and leans into Collaros.

Every other defensive lineman has turned and is tracking the ball and ball carrier .. Zach isn’t a thought in their mind.

Even Robertson who was getting buried by Gray on that play breaks for the ball.

It was late and unnecessary and the kind of hit that no longer has a place in the game and hasn’t for some time.  

Just now, voodoochylde said:

Every other defensive lineman has turned and is tracking the ball and ball carrier .. Zach isn’t a thought in their mind

It was late and unnecessary and the kind of hit that no longer has a place in the game and hasn’t for some time.

His body language after was 100% success but trying to sell it 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

But I see both sides

I think if I saw one of our guys do it, I'd hang my head and wish he hadn't, but understand a penalty is coming. There was a play last year by Alexander or possibly a LB that I thought was late and deserved a penalty.

I think there also deserves to be a different standard when it is a player that is pretty much only known as a dirty player that attempts to injure QBs and then celebrate it.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Blind side hits to none ball carriers have been illegal for awhile. 

Add in it being a QB, it being late,  it being high, and I am unsure what isn’t cheap about it 

6 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Every other defensive lineman has turned and is tracking the ball and ball carrier .. Zach isn’t a thought in their mind

If you watch it from the non Twitter angle it is even worse 

Reputation and precedence will now follow that loser...and he  had intent to flatten Collaros after he was out of the play...and he succeeded...wasnt vicious and Masoli like...but now it doesnt have to be...he had no reason nor business to do that...and was a late hit/RTP..whatever u wanna call it.

If one our guys did that..and gor flagged I'd have no issue with it..or if it was missed would say we were lucky...but part of it too is none of our guys..well nobody in the league has that idiots reputation and issues upstairs..that therein is the rub...just another example of selfish players...inability of coaches there to control players or instill a message..let alone culture...question I have is there any leaders on that team who would grab an idiot like that...or a loser like Duke and say "wtf u doing..and if u keep it up u outta here"  or are those kinda guys the leaders? If so...yikes...and the HC...is he scared of his guys? Does he have any respect? I dont see it and highly doubt it...and now he comes out and says no players in street clothes can be on sidelines...he cant come.back from.that now and if guys are on sidelines then whatever credibility and or respect he may have had is gone gone gone...and dont tell me if multiple guys are on the sidelines they are heavily involved in "coaching" like he said in his presser....and he still threw out excuses during it..."I'm sure Duke feels bad" .."I hope he apologizes to his team" like wtf...u make that happen..and if u had any balls u cut his ass or park him on the 6 game...or PR...no its and or buts...but we all know that wont happen...u would think the joke train would end at some point out there but it just keeps chugging along...brutal...and even some of The Fajs post game comments are laughable...and frankly pathetically sad...I know it's fun to poke at the riders and their fanbase..sometimes warranted...some times a bit overzealous and exaggerated...but man on man...if I was a fan I'd be truly embarrassed and ashamed....but I'm not thankfully...and from outside looking at it, its entertainment galore

Edited by Booch

47 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

What a surprise, that Rider thong wearing sack of monkey s**t Luc Mullinder is defending the hit on his twitter. Telling everyone to "cool it" and saying football will have the intensity of lawn bowling if we regulate that kind of stuff. Says that football is built on 1 on 1 combat. LMFAO. Dont you mean 1 on defenseless QB that had his back turned, didnt have the ball, and didnt see it coming combat???? Eat s**t Mullinder you jackass.

Yeah...cause if Jeffcoat did that...he'd be vilified and it would been a travesty cause he got a rtp call on Bridge in 2018

Just now, Mike said:

I need to watch the hit in real time, I think.

It wasnt viscious or look like an intent to.injure...but was late...totally bullshit and totally typical...and how ZC fell he lucky he never injured his throwing arm..look at it as he hits turf..we dodged a major injury bullet there

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Mullinder better mind his P's and Q's on Twitter or he might lose his federally funded fluff job with the Red Cross.

He defending a below avg player cause that's what he was..and only hung around as long as he did due to birth certificate...dudes a loser and fits in well there

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

It wasnt viscious or look like an intent to.injure...but was late...totally bullshit and totally typical...and how ZC fell he lucky he never injured his throwing arm..look at it as he hits turf..we dodged a major injury bullet there

Disagree on intent.  Fake to Demski, pitch to Oliviera.  Collaros is not at all a running QB.  In two full seasons plus playoff runs I cannot recall a single run play we've called for him that's a designed run.  Even on scrambles can only think of less than a handful of plays where he's taken a ball across the line of scrimmage.

Marino clearly locates the ball and squares up on a guy who doesn't have the ball.  There's no point to that hit but to try to "hurt" (if you're being generous) someone but more precisely injure someone.  Even if you think Collaros is going to boot right, there's no wrap, it's a straight pop blindside rising through to helmet-to-helmet.

Keep in mind two of next three games are also Bombers vs Riders.  Have to wonder deep down what seeds have been planted from organization through coaching staff into a guy like Marino's head about the next month.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree on intent.  Fake to Demski, handoff to Oliviera.  Collaros is not at all a running QB.  In two full seasons plus playoff runs I cannot recall a single run play we've called for him that's a designed run.  Even on scrambles can only think of less than a handful of plays where he's taken a ball across the line of scrimmage.

Marino clearly locates the ball and squares up on a guy who doesn't have the ball.  There's no point to that hit but to try to "hurt" (if you're being generous) someone but more precisely injure someone.  

Keep in mind two of next three games are also Bombers vs Riders.  Have to wonder deep down what seeds have been planted from organization through coaching staff into a guy like Marino's head about the next month.

Yeah...I should have said intent of a specific target...his intent tho was to hurt 

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree on intent.  Fake to Demski, handoff to Oliviera.  Collaros is not at all a running QB.  In two full seasons plus playoff runs I cannot recall a single run play we've called for him that's a designed run.  Even on scrambles can only think of less than a handful of plays where he's taken a ball across the line of scrimmage.

Marino clearly locates the ball and squares up on a guy who doesn't have the ball.  There's no point to that hit but to try to "hurt" (if you're being generous) someone but more precisely injure someone.  

I wouldn't feel bad nor think negatively on the squad if they did the old hold em up and have a guy "accidentally " take out his knees....poops...but I know we aren't wired that way....I'm sure he will get what's due within the rules...other than that hit/replay that was only time I noticed him...