Back 2 Back Champs @ Saskatchewan: The LDC GDT

Noeller

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

Hopefully the league suspends Marino for the next game. Hard to see how on earth the refs and command centre missed it but given their track record I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The CFL has to protect the quarterbacks, because there are already a limited number of really good ones. You want your stars healthy, and even the NFL understands that now.

The Riders organization really needs a top down tear down. You've got assistant coaches ripping into refs. My favourite was Dickinson throwing the challenge on the OPI and a larger fellow in a bright green jacket just running out onto the field yelling. 

This is not about Dickinson "controlling" the team. That is, in my opinion, an old concept and view of coaching. You have to employ both coaches and players who understand how their actions affect the team. Its on individuals to hold themselves accountable. This is one of O'Shea's strengths. The Riders coaches and players continually cross boundaries that they shouldn't, with no regard for how it impacts the collective team.

They just trash top to bottom..and continue to confirm it every week

Just now, Captain Blue said:

Hopefully the league suspends Marino for the next game. Hard to see how on earth the refs and command centre missed it but given their track record I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The CFL has to protect the quarterbacks, because there are already a limited number of really good ones. You want your stars healthy, and even the NFL understands that now.

The Riders organization really needs a top down tear down. You've got assistant coaches ripping into refs. My favourite was Dickinson throwing the challenge on the OPI and a larger fellow in a bright green jacket just running out onto the field yelling. 

This is not about Dickinson "controlling" the team. That is, in my opinion, an old concept and view of coaching. You have to employ both coaches and players who understand how their actions affect the team. Its on individuals to hold themselves accountable. This is one of O'Shea's strengths. The Riders coaches and players continually cross boundaries that they shouldn't, with no regard for how it impacts the collective team.

It starts with O'Day - just like it starts with Walters here in Winnipeg.

You have to bring in a certain kind of man. The coach can then implement a philosophy when if players don't FI, they can FO.

Then your new leadership group can start to police themselves.

After Marino's suspension, ther ewas the question od how long Marino would last under MOS. And the truth is that MOS would never have dealt Marino. Our scouts would not have brought him in, Walters would not have signed him if they did, Jefferson/Bighill/etc would have had him bounced in TC if Walters dropped the ball.

There are contingencies in place. You may get past one - but you aren't going to last long. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

It starts with O'Day - just like it starts with Walters here in Winnipeg.

You have to bring in a certain kind of man. The coach can then implement a philosophy when if players don't FI, they can FO.

Then your new leadership group can start to police themselves.

After Marino's suspension, ther ewas the question od how long Marino would last under MOS. And the truth is that MOS would never have dealt Marino. Our scouts would not have brought him in, Walters would not have signed him if they did, Jefferson/Bighill/etc would have had him bounced in TC if Walters dropped the ball.

There are contingencies in place. You may get past one - but you aren't going to last long. 

Yeah Dickenson had leaned hard into being the bad boy team.  Remember some comments he made heading into the West Final last year.  Just embarrassing.

Build a team that can actually win playing football, aren't winning anything with garbage undisciplined nonsense.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

The grin on O’Sheas face when Leggs knocked that through was priceless

I didn't see it, but I can imagine it.

You love to see the pure jot when his faith in a player comes through - as much as we complain when it's "misplaced faith".

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah Dickenson had leaned hard into being the bad boy team.  Remember some comments he made heading into the West Final last year.  Just embarrassing.

Build a team that can actually win playing football, aren't winning anything with garbage undisciplined nonsense.

You can just tell he has no clue he lives in 2022.

He makes a bunch of stupid comments. Gets yelled at by his SM team. And then makes a dumb apology where he says he was misunderstood.

Sometimes when there are borderline dirty players we'll see commentators and other supposedly neutral observers try to word things carefully. The fact that Rider homer Glenn Suitor called it a cheap shot and you've got other TSN personalities now calling it out show how far gone Marino is. The league needs to feel heat for this, it is pretty clear that Marino is very likely to do this again next week if he's on the field at all.

2 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Sometimes when there are borderline dirty players we'll see commentators and other supposedly neutral observers try to word things carefully. The fact that Rider homer Glenn Suitor called it a cheap shot and you've got other TSN personalities now calling it out show how far gone Marino is. The league needs to feel heat for this, it is pretty clear that Marino is very likely to do this again next week if he's on the field at all.

He has an inability to learn, those are no longer mistakes, he wants to hurt somebody. It’s malicious. ****** intentional. 

Edited by Rod Black

Just had a boo at the Rider fan website. While most there (the sane ones) are disgusted and angry at their team and coaches, the defenders of Marino, Williams, Maas and Dickenson are reaching new heights of denial and wails of being victimized the the refs, dirty Bomber players and the universe in general, Hilarious.  Can't wait to read the website after next Sunday.

Edited by Tracker

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Just had a boo at the Rider fan website. While most there (the sane ones) are disgusted and angry at their team and coaches, the defenders of Marino, Williams, Maas and Dickenson are reaching new heights of denial and wails of being victimized the the refs, dirty Bomber players and the universe in general, Hilarious.  Can't wait to read the website after next Sunday.

My favourite was the poster saying that it wasn't an offensive PI.