Back to Back Champs vs Hillbillies early talk

Nolby

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

What’s with the “we” business! You sound like a hillbilly fan faking to be a bomber fan. Bomber fans don’t refer to the ass wipe of a SK qb as “Cody”, nor is he effective. “we” rarely give warm regards and suggest “serious trouble” to any SK c*** named “Hinton” that plays for any bastard organization. 

Such an  well thought out ,intelligent response to my comment.  AS for me faking to be a bomber fan, you don.t know anything about me or my allegiance to the Bombers. Don't say I am not a bomber fan. I have been watching the team live since the days of Don Jonas and Mack Herron, if you remember them, probably longer than you have been alive.  Sorry, I have my own opinion and don't toe the party line.  I have respect for any player on any team and respect for any organization and did not come on this site to be downgraded and insulted

9 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Haven't been to Regina for the game in about 10 or 12 years. Not sure what's changed, so where are the places to go to mingle with Bomber fans on a Saturday night? What times does Wayne's World start on Sunday? Any other tips/suggestions? Thanks all!

Bombers usually have a banquet on Saturday and you get a free beer and appetizers. Can't recall the name of the place, but it's across from O'hanlan's irish pub which is a good place for Saturday night. Or go to Dewdney street for several pub options Saturday. We usually go for about 1 o'clock or so to Wayne's World. Depends how many beers you want before the game. Lol. 

Suggestions- if you want a good deli sandwich, hit up itialian star deli! Get it spicy! Also get to the gates 30 mins before game time. Can get busy. Hope that is somewhat helpful. You'll have a blast. 

1 hour ago, Bugsybombers said:

Such an  well thought out ,intelligent response to my comment.  AS for me faking to be a bomber fan, you don.t know anything about me or my allegiance to the Bombers. Don't say I am not a bomber fan. I have been watching the team live since the days of Don Jonas and Mack Herron, if you remember them, probably longer than you have been alive.  Sorry, I have my own opinion and don't toe the party line.  I have respect for any player on any team and respect for any organization and did not come on this site to be downgraded and insulted

Oh well, your allowed to love “Cody”. 

Edited by Rod Black

10 hours ago, Bugsybombers said:

Yet you call our D-Line out after playing a far better OL and set of backs in Calgary- and we should be concerned about “Cody” if he gets time. 

1. Their OL is next level terrible

2. “Cody” is terrible. 

3. Talking up some RB that has barely played. 

Talking up a team that has not beaten anybody this year-  and how worried we should be about them because you don’t “toe the line”. Whatever. 

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Edited by Geebrr

This game always scares me. There were too many years where we were significantly better than the Riders but still somehow lost (Rocky Butler and Michael Bishop games come to mind) and I'm still suffering PTSD. That said, we seem to have flipped the script in their new toilet bowl stadium and we definitely are a much better team, so I remain cautiously optimistic. 

18 hours ago, Bugsybombers said:

I think we are seriously underestimating the Riders. We are not strong agains the run as evidenced by the Calgary game and if Hinton has the same type of game that he had against BC, we are seriously in trouble. Our front 4 is average or slightly above average now and the threat of the run will only decrease their effectivness, giving Cody more time to throw.  If he has time he can still  be an effective QB

Calgary got elite RB, and QB play last week. We won. Not sure why you think a watered down Regina version of that would place us in "big trouble". That is some pretty convoluted logic.

18 hours ago, Bugsybombers said:

BC sacked him 7 times and they still lost the game

BC had almost zero offence because their QBing was trash. Our offence will not give the Riders a chance at finding their rhythm like BC's did last week.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yet you call our D-Line out after playing a far better OL and set of backs in Calgary- and we should be concerned about “Cody” if he gets time. 

1. Their OL is next level terrible

2. “Cody” is terrible. 

3. Talking up some RB that has barely played. 

Talking up a team that has not beaten anybody this year-  and how worried we should be about them because you don’t “toe the line”. Whatever. 

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Precisely, we just finished the season sweep of a team who has, BY FAR, the best running game in the league...with better QBing, and infinitely better OL play, and is equally as good or better defensively....yet we are supposed to be scared of the Riders? Makes zero sense. Not sure what Bugsy is smoking. The only way the Bombers lose is if the Bombers beat themselves.

42 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

This game always scares me. There were too many years where we were significantly better than the Riders but still somehow lost (Rocky Butler and Michael Bishop games come to mind) and I'm still suffering PTSD. That said, we seem to have flipped the script in their new toilet bowl stadium and we definitely are a much better team, so I remain cautiously optimistic. 

LDC is pencilled in as a loss on my Bombers pre-season schedule every year. It is their Grey Cup. That being said, this year we are a far better team than them.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Precisely, we just finished the season sweep of a team who has, BY FAR, the best running game in the league...with better QBing, and infinitely better OL play, and is equally as good or better defensively....yet we are supposed to be scared of the Riders? Makes zero sense. Not sure what Bugsy is smoking. The only way the Bombers lose is if the Bombers beat themselves.

LDC is pencilled in as a loss on my Bombers pre-season schedule every year. It is their Grey Cup. That being said, this year we are a far better team than them.

I agree with this, except CGYs Defense is not as good as SSK. At the least the front 7 anyway. If Riders are going to win it'll be off turnovers and great play by their Defense. Anyone who thinks the criders O is going to be a major threat hasn't been paying any attention this year.

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree with this, except CGYs Defense is not as good as SSK. At the least the front 7 anyway. If Riders are going to win it'll be off turnovers and great play by their Defense. Anyone who thinks the criders O is going to be a major threat hasn't been paying any attention this year.

I think that the CGY front 7 is very comparable SSK's to be honest. They generate great pressure, and have a really good LBer corps. SSK pumps their own tires but there are some really good front 7 guys in CGY. The RIders may be a fraction better on their front 7, but Calgary's secondary is MUCH better than the Riders. Overall, I think CGY has the better defence, but even if it is a saw off, or CGY is a fraction, and it would be a very small fraction, not as good the disparity between the two offences is enormous. A giant chasm the size of the grand canyon difference there.....and we swept CGY. 

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Calgary’s secondary was beat up and they are missing Thurman. 

The Gappers have the same DL they had last year and we threw them around. 

I just think that Robertson, Marino, AC are all very over rated. Their sack numbers are inflated due to the time their defence spends on the field. Riders LBers are top notch though.

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Calgary’s secondary was beat up and they are missing Thurman. 

The Gappers have the same DL they had last year and we threw them around. 

Even with a beat up secondary, the Stamps group is far better than the Riders. Those guys are terrible.

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I just think that Robertson, Marino, AC are all very over rated. Their sack numbers are inflated due to the time their defence spends on the field. Riders LBers are top notch though.

They are inflated because they’re on the field more. 

This is why the PED Leonard “snub” talk was hilarious 

3 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I still have nightmares from that Rocky Butler game.  That was also the game TSN decided to televise live Nascar races instead of the  LDC game.  

Anyways, I don't see the Riders as any good this year and we should win.  But like many have pointed out, LDC is a different animal.   

I see the CGY defense over all as better....Sask has a top notch LB group...if nobody goes down, but their secondary is bad....Dline is okay but I also think overated...they on filed lots...so get sexy stats, but also feasted on the slum dwellers early in the yr, and since then havnt been so stellar...and the biggest thing is discipline, and the selfishness..Sask has too many issues in both those areas

Maier is 10x QB that the Vajardo is...CGY recieveing corp beats the Sask one hands down....and the return of Shaq..Moore and that Canadian kid still doesnt make them elite...Sask Oline is worst in league by far....if we lose it will be cause we make 4..5..6 turnovers and play totally undisciplined....and that prob wont be enough as we made 6 turnovers in west final...when SASK was as healthy and good as they have ever been, and still they didnt get it done...my opinion is it will take a colossal and epic screw up by us in all facets of the game...And I just cant see that happening

Here's the article for anyone who's interested: https://www.timescolonist.com/sports/westshores-jessie-comes-out-on-top-in-bcfc-quarterback-derby-between-friends-5749209

...Blue Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea was in Kelowna on Saturday watching his son and BCFC star player, Michael O’Shea, lead the Okanagan Sun (5-0) to a 35-0 victory over the Prince George Kodiaks (1-4) at the Apple Bowl.

The Criders are 6 & 5 this year. Who have they beat? BC without a quarter back is the only team above .500.

Their record is not outstanding and even suggesting that they are as good a team as Calgary I think is ridiculous.

Their wins are Hamilton, Edmonton twice, Montreal, Ottawa and BC without a QB. They've also lost to Montreal, Toronto twice and BC twice. Any week but Labour Day I would be extremely confident that we win this game, as it is I am still confident we will handle our business (With or without help from the Refs...).