Week 12 - Stumps @ Back-To-Back Grey Cup Champions - GDT

JCon

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It cost them the chance to win the game. 1st on the 50 is a way higher chance of getting into FG territory than punting the ball away.

If the Ref's hadn't mistakenly whistled the ball dead earlier in the game, they'd have been ahead by one, not down by 2.

I like my chances of being ahead by 1, the clock running, with a first down at the 50, and 2:30 on the clock. It's two first downs from draining the clock or kicking a FG to go up by 4.

I have watched the CFL for over 40 years now. I have seen hundreds of games decided by one score or less. I can count on one hand the number of those games where a different call made, or a call missed, by the ref would not have POSSIBLY changed the outcome of the game. If ifs and buts were coconuts we'd all be living in Hawaii. There is nothing more stupid or aggravating then someone blaming a loss on the refs, or a win being discredited for the same. That's just a fact of life of sports. If you want to win make damn sure you put up enough points that the refs don't matter.  Just a fool's errand to go searching for a call here, or a missed call there, in the CFL of all leagues. Good lord.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What if Houston don't get hurt? What if Zach threw 2 more Red zone TDs instead of interceptions? What if Brady don't get hurt? What if BLM started? Is that all of them? 

yeah....but the Faj has a knee brace,,that has to factor in...no??

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What if Houston don't get hurt? What if Zach threw 2 more Red zone TDs instead of interceptions? What if Brady don't get hurt? What if BLM started? Is that all of them? 

No kidding eh? The what if game is just a complete straw man argument. Just a nonsense take, to consistently suggest a team with a 10-1 record had the game handed to them by the refs, by luck, or because the other team didn't play well. I'm not even going to be civil about it, because it is completely moronic and really grating after awhile.  We won last night because we were the better team and outscored our opponent. FULL STOP.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They let the play run out and then announced that the play was ruled an incomplete pass when they announced the penalties. Did not see a TD signal, so I suspect it was a missed whistle rather than an overturn by the command centre after. Maybe the ref didn’t bother with the whistle knowing there was a RTP flag and also let’s the “turnover” play out knowing it will be looked at by command centre. Just speculation on that last bit. 

The goal line ref actually did signal TD... probably just covering in case there was scenario where that was allowed to play out.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And he can make the throws.  BLM physically is unable, at that point the reads mean jack.

BLM is looking like Matt Nichols circa 2021.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Greg McCrae had as many tackles on offense as Adam Bighill did on defense.  That stat isn't a great indicator, but vs a team like Calgary that basically doesn't throw more than 5-6 balls a game downfield plus runs a ton of inside zone you'd expect your LB's to clean up a bit more.

I thought Biggie was a bit off last night.  He got flat out beat a few times by Kadeem Carey et al.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

The punt singles are different stories, the second one for sure Taylor was told to bring it our but he didn't understand that signals they were giving him from the sidelines. I could clearly see coaches signaling before the kick that it had to come out.

I'm just happy that he didn't fumble. That has to be the biggest concern with a guy who doesn't do the job regularly.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Yup, what a whiny loser

Did anyone catch the pregame interview they spliced in during the game where Dave discussed going with Maier over Bo? Said "I" can win with either guy at QB. 

Can you imaging OSH ever saying that "I" when talking about the team winning a game? He barely includes himself in "we" when talking about a win and gives all the credit to the players and coaches around him. 

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yup, what a whiny loser

All coaches complain to the refs.

However DD wins hands down straight across the board in how he does it and the ****** intensity of it.

Then he wonders why other teams aren't called on certain things. Refs are human Dave and remember how they are treated.

When a call is close methinks it aint going your way. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Hahah....oh Dave....make it stop already u whiner

I probably shared this already but my buddy has two girls the same age as Dickenson's kids and they played on the same soccer team in Calgary.  We're talking 10 year old girls here.  And he would show up at games and scream at my buddy's kids and his own kids to run faster and to try harder.  He couldn't dial back the competitive nonsense even at a girls soccer game.  Guy has some serious problems.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I have watched the CFL for over 40 years now. I have seen hundreds of games decided by one score or less. I can count on one hand the number of those games where a different call made, or a call missed, by the ref would not have POSSIBLY changed the outcome of the game. If ifs and buts were coconuts we'd all be living in Hawaii. There is nothing more stupid or aggravating then someone blaming a loss on the refs, or a win being discredited for the same. That's just a fact of life of sports. If you want to win make damn sure you put up enough points that the refs don't matter.  Just a fool's errand to go searching for a call here, or a missed call there, in the CFL of all leagues. Good lord.

I've watched longer than you and I can tell you that the refs wrong calls decide a lot more games in 40 years than you can count on one hand.

Last night they got a fumble wrong (That's a fact, not conjecture or a 'what if' argument).  It allowed us to keep the ball instead of giving it to the Stamps & allowed us to get 3 un-earned points. That's the definition of an instance when the refs made the wrong call that possibly changed the outcome of the game because we won by 2. If their QB had fumbled and they'd kept the ball, you know that most folks around here would be rightly whining about it.

There's nothing stupider or more aggravating than fans blaming the refs for calls that go against the team, like the RTP,  then saying you can't blame the refs for calls that go against the other team. You can blame the refs for both or neither, but anything else is just stupid.