Week 12 - Stumps @ Back-To-Back Grey Cup Champions - GDT

JCon

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Greg McCrae had as many tackles on offense as Adam Bighill did on defense.  That stat isn't a great indicator, but vs a team like Calgary that basically doesn't throw more than 5-6 balls a game downfield plus runs a ton of inside zone you'd expect your LB's to clean up a bit more.

I think losing Clements early as the other true linebacker hurt this Defense immensely tonight. Bighill was at times attempting to play two positions trying to make up for Gauthier’s lack of speed and quickness to the ball.

We have so many back up's and even 3rd and 4th stringers playing in some spots. Not altogether surprising the D looked baby shot sawwfffft... 

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

When’s the last time we swept Calgary 3-0 in a season??

1987, according to Tait.... 02 last time we swept em but it was only 2 games. 3 games was 87.

2 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I think losing Clements early as the other true linebacker hurt this Defense immensely tonight. Bighill was at times attempting to play two positions trying to make up for Gauthier’s lack of speed and quickness to the ball.

Feel the opposite.  Clements played the whole game.

Adjustment they made in 4th was to have Gauthier in at more of a traditional A to B gap MAC and Bighill play the WIL.  And that's when the D got stops.

The problem is our SAM and WIL who play most are clueless in pass coverage.  Teams are isolating guys on them, tonight it was Begelton on Rutledge, Logan on Clements, and just torching us for 200 yards right there.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Feel the opposite.  Clements played the whole game.

Adjustment they made in 4th was to have Gauthier in at more of a traditional A to B gap MAC and Bighill play the WIL.  And that's when the D got stops.

The problem is our SAM and WIL who play most are clueless in pass coverage.  Teams are isolating guys on them, tonight it was Begelton on Rutledge, Logan on Clements, and just torching us for 200 yards right there.

You are right , I just watched the highlights and Clements was in chase mode on all the big Calgary plays, and Bighill was overrunning and missing tackles. Rutledge made a bunch of tackles but that may have been due to poor coverage on his receiver and being first to the ball after it was already caught. Gauthier actually made some nice plays in the middle. I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Greg McCrae had as many tackles on offense as Adam Bighill did on defense.  That stat isn't a great indicator, but vs a team like Calgary that basically doesn't throw more than 5-6 balls a game downfield plus runs a ton of inside zone you'd expect your LB's to clean up a bit more.

Bighill had a rough night. day late and a dollar short all night. Good thing is with a guy like that you know he'll be better going forward. 

Bailey is fine..had one pass he should have had but in no way has he been dropping balls game in and out...he is vital in the non sexy stats nobody pays attention to.

Encouraging tho to see Wilson on sideline moving around like nothing wrong...no cast...boot...crutches...and 100 percent positive he had no surgery..so him being back the last 1/4 of season is a given I would think...and that rest was exactly what the oline needed....played great tonight

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was there an explanation on the broadcast for that RTP? I was at the game, and to my eye it wasn't late, low or high.

Nope. It was bewildering. They didn't understand it either. 

I wonder if the Command Centre had the ability to step in and overturn? That seemed like the most egregious screw up last night for the refs. And, there were many, many blown calls. The reffing is just so poor in this league. 

Just now, JCon said:

Nope. It was bewildering. They didn't understand it either. 

I wonder if the Command Centre had the ability to step in and overturn? That seemed like the most egregious screw up last night for the refs. And, there were many, many blown calls. The reffing is just so poor in this league. 

bs that they didn't fix that call after they did that in a redblacks game multiple times.