Week 11 Non Back to Back Champions Games

Geebrr

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Remember the days before the pandemic when Derel Walker was the premiere receiver in the CFL? He became a free agent & we had our own private "Have You Seen Derel Lately? Watch" going on here?? Now, nobody cares about Walker anymore. Ah, good times....

Could he be in a snit over his demotion to the second-best receiver?

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

He had a great pass-catching game. Didn't do much on the ground.

It was surprising to hear that Oulette  (does that mean "small owl?" is an import. However, the Argo O-line is mediocre when at their best, so the ground game suffers for that. I do like Oulette's attitude, though. He ought to do well in the CFL- sort of like Milanovich-Litre with better hands.

The Elks cant be happy with the production vs pay ratio out of Walker, and with Ellingson re-aggravating his leg injury.......Wonder if Walters picks up the phone? They were high on him a few years ago and we are getting real thin at receiver. Walker is still only 31 and i dont think he's as bad as his numbers look. Could help us down the stretch.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Matt Dunigan seems to be a big fan of the long haired RB Oulette from the Argos lol.   The guy didnt' seem that great IMO.  

He's an Antre Milanovic-Litre clone. Not much else. Runs the same & looks the same. Milanovic-Litre was my son's fullback at SFU & was great (in the NCAA D2 Great Northern Athletic Conference) & I loved watching him bash & run over defenders back then but he's barely a backup in the CFL. If both Milanovic-Litre & Ouelette are starters, their teams can't run the ball well at all. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The Elks cant be happy with the production vs pay ratio out of Walker, and with Ellingson re-aggravating his leg injury.......Wonder if Walters picks up the phone? They were high on him a few years ago and we are getting real thin at receiver. Walker is still only 31 and i dont think he's as bad as his numbers look. Could help us down the stretch.

He gets paid too much money. He won't take a pay cut.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That's an interesting idea. Wonder what his contract is at? The bonus and half the salary would be gone.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's an Antre Milanovic-Litre clone. Not much else. Runs the same & looks the same. Milanovic-Litre was my son's fullback at SFU & was great (in the NCAA D2 Great Northern Athletic Conference) & I loved watching him bash & run over defenders back then but he's barely a backup in the CFL. If both Milanovic-Litre & Ouelette are starters, their teams can't run the ball well at all. 

He's only on a 1 year contract and has been paid half his salary already this season.....

He was paid 180K in 2021 and had a horrible season. Cant imagine he's making more now. So even if he was paid the same this year he's only got like $90K left to be paid, and its probably less than that considering the season he had in 2021.

Manny Friggin Arceneaux is out producing him. You'd think Jones would be open to moving him. Would be a nice add IMO.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He's only on a 1 year contract and has been paid half his salary already this season.....

He was paid 180K in 2021 and had a horrible season. Cant imagine he's making more now. So even if he was paid the same this year he's only got like $90K left to be paid, and its probably less than that considering the season he had in 2021.

Manny Friggin Arceneaux is out producing him. You'd think Jones would be open to moving him. Would be a nice add IMO.

If Arceneaux is out playing him why do you think he'd help us?

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Arceneaux is out playing him why do you think he'd help us?

Well their QB play has been garbage since Harris left and maybe Cornelius just has a better rapport with Lawler and Arceneaux. Who knows? Maybe he's in a rut and down on his game playing in Deadmonton and being 6-18 over the last 2 years? Lots of success stories of players rejuvenating their careers after a fresh start. What better way than by catching passes from the reigning MOP? He just turned 31 in June. I think its too early to write him off.

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Well their QB play has been garbage since Harris left and maybe Cornelius just has a better rapport with Lawler and Arceneaux. Who knows? Maybe he's in a rut and down on his game playing in Deadmonton and being 6-18 over the last 2 years? Lots of success stories of players rejuvenating their careers after a fresh start. What better way than by catching passes from the reigning MOP? He just turned 31 in June. I think its too early to write him off.

He could have signed with us at least twice before & from what I understand he led Walters on thinking he'd sign here before signing with the Argos & then back with the Elks. He signed with 2 shitty teams & played badly for both. He made his bed. Screw him. I hope he enjoys playing for the crap show Elks. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He could have signed with us at least twice before & from what I understand he led Walters on thinking he'd sign here before signing with the Argos & then back with the Elks. He signed with 2 shitty teams & played badly for both. He made his bed. Screw him. I hope he enjoys playing for the crap show Elks. 

J Alexander Clutching My Pearls GIF - J Alexander Clutching My Pearls  Excuse Me - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Milanovic-Litre is a great change of pace back, who underated.  Wasn't even a fullback in Calgary, but for some reason Jones started him at fullback the first couple of games.

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

To be honest, I was really high on Walker. I even rated him a top 5 receiver last year after he had already had a disappointing season with the elks.

It seems as though he is disinterested and just collecting a cheque right now. I'd take a flyer on him but he's likely making too much coin. Another thing to note is you don't want to **** with the chemistry of a locker room if it's not necessary.

Bombers receivers haven't seemed to have many struggles this year and the plug and play system has worked out okay.

Until their is an obvious hole to fill I'd stay par for the course..

2 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Yes he may have been a fullback at SFU, but he has a good backup halfback at the CFL level.

On 2022-08-22 at 8:10 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Straight ahead bull type rusher who is a situational player. Not a starter. He was a Fullback at SFU. 

I still say he should be the L'ks full time back. He's done more than anyone else back there with the exception of Wilder, who sounds like he might be done anyways.

On 2022-08-22 at 3:07 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

agreed. this is year 3 of poor play from him. To me it's not longer just an off year. He's done. Catches barely anything put his way and has 1 TD this year? I'd prefer to look at someone younger who at least shows some fight.