Week 11 Non Back to Back Champions Games

Geebrr

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary is still running an offense that's 70+ % passing when they don't have a functional QB.

They kept talking about how BLM said they are a running team but they're not. Carey, Mills and Logan have all looked great and they rely on the pass. Also is it me or do both Jordan and Begelton look on the decline?

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

With the state of qb'ing in the league he'll get 5 offers if Calgary goes with Maier though.

Toronto, Ottawa, montreal, Hamilton, Edmonton, Sask all make sense at the right price.

Hopefully he ends up over payed in sask...and sucks even more and installs that pissy attitude there...that be icing on the cake haha

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They kept talking about how BLM said they are a running team but they're not. Carey, Mills and Logan have all looked great and they rely on the pass. Also is it me or do both Jordan and Begelton look on the decline?

Begalton def seems to have lost a step..or some burst...is he injured? I dunno but he seems lacking in something now

57 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree but I don't see Huff helping a western rival unless its a bend over and take it kind of deal.

If you look at the upside for Calgary, they would shed about $250,000 in salary and probably pick up a draft choice. Its not as if the Riders pose any kind of threat to the Stamps- their problems was way beyond their quarterbacking. With Mitchell, they might beat the Elks out for the crossover, but even that is a long shot.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Begalton def seems to have lost a step..or some burst...is he injured? I dunno but he seems lacking in something now

Gone into the 'never made it big down south' sulk.....Sure doesn't look like the player of last year AND the guy we were apparently interested in.....Watch him have a big game against us after these comments...LOL LOL...However won't be enough to stop us from taking the two pts.

35 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Lawler has done great. Wasn't sure how he'd do on that madhouse of a team but he is producing in spite of everything.

Schoen is putting up as good or better numbers here right now, I wonder what he will be looking for in FA if he keeps it up til then

If Schoen keeps his pace up, he's southbound after this season.

51 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Lawler has done great. Wasn't sure how he'd do on that madhouse of a team but he is producing in spite of everything.

Schoen is putting up as good or better numbers here right now, I wonder what he will be looking for in FA if he keeps it up til then

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Strange to say that I think Lawler has earned his money so far this year 

Lawler tho is benefiting from targets too..has to be factored in...has like 26 more than Schoen and basically same yardage but Schoen found endzone more...and almost double Ellingson...yet Ellingson is right on his arse 

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

With the state of qb'ing in the league he'll get 5 offers if Calgary goes with Maier though.

Toronto, Ottawa, montreal, Hamilton, Edmonton, Sask all make sense at the right price.

From what I understand, he doesn't want to play for anyone else & wants to retire playing his entire career as a Stamp.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Hopefully he ends up over payed in sask...and sucks even more and installs that pissy attitude there...that be icing on the cake haha

Pat Del Monaco is the OC. This isn't Dickenson's offense. But he calls the plays on the sidelines. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

From what I understand, he doesn't want to play for anyone else & wants to retire playing his entire career as a Stamp.

Pat Del Monaco is the OC. This isn't Dickenson's offense. But he calls the plays on the sidelines. 

Stephen McAdoo was also an O-line coach before he became O.C., pretty unusual career path.

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stephen McAdoo was also an O-line coach before he became O.C., pretty unusual career path.

Jones has always let McAdoo call the plays while Dickenson refuses. He wants to call the plays & not Del Monaco. Which is strange. If you design an offense, shouldn't you be allowed to direct it on Game Day or why even bother? Just coach the O Line, then.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jones has always let McAdoo call the plays while Dickenson refuses. He wants to call the plays & not Del Monaco. Which is strange. If you design an offense, shouldn't you be allowed to direct it on Game Day or why even bother? Just coach the O Line, then.

Think it's run game coordinator and pass game coordinator which is more and more typical.

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know the distinctions but not in the CFL with just 9 coaches. McAdoo & Del Monaco are listed as the OC's for their respective teams.

I wonder in Del Monaco's case if it's just upping his pay grade to keep him content, no other team is going to offer him an O.C. job..

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Lawler tho is benefiting from targets too..has to be factored in...has like 26 more than Schoen and basically same yardage but Schoen found endzone more...and almost double Ellingson...yet Ellingson is right on his arse 

He is really the only consistent part of their offence though. 

Reminds me of the late 90s Milt Stegall years