Week 11 Non Back to Back Champions Games

Geebrr

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

It actually does feel a lot like a Lyin’ Guy statement…

As for my team, I was on the road to Edmonton for the gold medal game tonight, so I didn’t have to watch a single second. God bless.

If the riders miss the play offs I’m pretty sure dicker gets fired. But do you think he’d get canned if they are the visiting team in a semi final and lose? Riders are due for a rebuild. 

35 minutes ago, KshyGuy said:

With Rourke going down are the Bombers the only fan base that is happy with their QB situation right now? Seems like it's pretty slim pickings for QBs out there.

the rest is varying shades of disappointment imo. 

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Chungh is pretty awful at this stage in his career...he's got the aggression but not much else.  Otherwise the rest of BC OL is pretty good with 3 imports.

BC's DL is pretty good on pass rush, questionable against run when you have guys like Menard just bull rushing from the edge.

It's okay, you don't need to defend against the run when it gets cold out. 

Ed Tait tweet...

desjarlais played 43% of snaps, pats preseason game this week.

nice, hoping for him to stick.

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

That would be a very tough loss,could see Buck get a shot in a few years. Lots of guys in the waiting for a shot (Kilam,maybe Hall,).

sask d coordinator too maybe.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Is this a result of the coaching salary cap? Or the massive egos of head coaches? Or is it a lack of good up coming talent?

I don't think it's the coaching cap.

Look at O'Shea: he does a great job of delegating, which allows him to be more of a motivator / overall team culture HC

Riders have to clean house after the season. If they promote Maas, they will get more of the same- he has shown sweet bugger-all as a head coach and not much more an an OC. Even their GM should not be spared. With the dearth of good head coaches and GMs, it is not going to be easy to find a winning combination.

On another front, it looks like the Argos have managed to put together a decent team and even Bethel-Thompson is out-quarterbacking Mitchell who looks very beatable this season. The curtain is descending on a once-great QB in Calgary.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is this a result of the coaching salary cap? Or the massive egos of head coaches? Or is it a lack of good up coming talent?

Coaching cap is probably why they’re allowed to get away with it - but if you look across the league - the teams who don’t have coaches wearing multiple hats are more successful.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Ed Tait tweet...

desjarlais played 43% of snaps, pats preseason game this week.

nice, hoping for him to stick.

sask d coordinator too maybe.

playing that many snaps in the preseason could be a bad sign.

32 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stamps are pretty good at finding running backs.

Ka'Deem Carey wow.

Dedrick Mills wow.

Peyton Logan wow.

Stamps might be keeping the ball on the ground come November.

You know how I know Toronto is awful.... 

Mitchell was finally benched. When he was the best qb in the CFL a few years ago, he could get away with being an arrogant prick. Now, he's just another washed up has been who is still an arrogant prick. Because of the kind of player he is with a big mouth, I don't think he'll be missed very much once he does retire. He'd be smart to retire after this season. There are plenty of Stamps fans who don't like him. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

Coaching cap is probably why they’re allowed to get away with it - but if you look across the league - the teams who don’t have coaches wearing multiple hats are more successful.

playing that many snaps in the preseason could be a bad sign.

I think 4 other guards played as many or more. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mitchell was finally benched. When he was the best qb in the CFL a few years ago, he could get away with being an arrogant prick. Now, he's just another washed up has been who is still an arrogant prick. Because of the kind of player he is with a big mouth, I don't think he'll be missed very much once he does retire. He'd be smart to retire after this season. There are plenty of Stamps fans who don't like him. 

With the state of qb'ing in the league he'll get 5 offers if Calgary goes with Maier though.

Toronto, Ottawa, montreal, Hamilton, Edmonton, Sask all make sense at the right price.