Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

why dont teams use a tight end  in the Cfl.  not ever.

hamilton had that "heavy set" a few years ago, but think that was just Lineman. 

nik lewis was kind of a tight end.... he was effective.

must be some way to do it.

that kyle pitts holy crap.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

why dont teams use a tight end  in the Cfl.  not ever.

hamilton had that "heavy set" a few years ago, but think that was just Lineman. 

nik lewis was kind of a tight end.... he was effective.

must be some way to do it.

that kyle pitts holy crap.

They do all the time...think about how they bring receivers in to block for max protect.

No one has clued in to actually bring in guys who have those skills and the receiver skills...they exist coming out of NCAA and often are just as athletic as the receivers we do bring up here.

Streveler just leading scoring drives but also never plays against 1's. 

I know what I'd do with him though if I were an NFL team.  Such a weapon running the ball, then has the ability to pass a bit.  Not a guy to leave standing on the sideline, a guy to get out there, even get him running some routes.  Christ you run a fly sweep to him and the D has to respect the fact he might pull up and launch a pass.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler just leading scoring drives but also never plays against 1's. 

I know what I'd do with him though if I were an NFL team.  Such a weapon running the ball, then has the ability to pass a bit.  Not a guy to leave standing on the sideline, a guy to get out there, even get him running some routes.  Christ you run a fly sweep to him and the D has to respect the fact he might pull up and launch a pass.

So like Taysom Hill

Just now, rebusrankin said:

So like Taysom Hill

Yeah maybe.  Honestly think he's probably a more willing runner.  Always found Hill on carries a little reluctant.

Thing about Streveler is too that you know among pros he performs when the games matter most.  He did it here.  The effort is consistent which is half the battle.

I love when Streveler gets into the cadence.  He's the only QB tonight I've been able to hear off the sideline mic.

I know if I'm the Jets I'm not keeping Flacco and White....but they probably will.