Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

• 1 month later...

Where the hell is Lirim Hajrullahu these days? He has totally disappeared into oblivion. And he's wasted 3 seasons bouncing around NFL teams looking for the big paycheque & glory in the NFL. Which doesn't seem to be coming his way. It's his life & his career but he's not getting any younger. He should consider coming back to the CFL that wants him. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Where the hell is Lirim Hajrullahu these days?

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/12/canadian-kicker-lirim-hajrullahu-not-ready-to-return-to-cfl-willing-to-try-usfl-or-xfl-in-pursuit-of-nfl-goal/

Hr would sooner join the USFL or XFL than play again in the CFL, he's not ready to give up the dream down South yet

10 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/12/canadian-kicker-lirim-hajrullahu-not-ready-to-return-to-cfl-willing-to-try-usfl-or-xfl-in-pursuit-of-nfl-goal/

Hr would sooner join the USFL or XFL than play again in the CFL, he's not ready to give up the dream down South yet

He just doesn't get the hint. If he was this great NFL kicker in waiting then he'd have been signed long ago. Meanwhile some young strong legged & accurate kickers are coming out of the NCAA every year who are 10 years younger than him. His career & he can do what he wants to, I guess. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He just doesn't get the hint. If he was this great NFL kicker in waiting then he'd have been signed long ago. Meanwhile some young strong legged & accurate kickers are coming out of the NCAA every year who are 10 years younger than him. His career & he can do what he wants to, I guess. 

Considering the differences in salaries, I can understand him hoping his NFL dream will come true.  We all live in hope.

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

Considering the differences in salaries, I can understand him hoping his NFL dream will come true.  We all live in hope.

This. It’s not hard to see his logic. Highest paid CFL kicker made $150,000 and average is around $100,000, lowest paid NFL kicker made $660,000 and average is $2.5 million. And Lirim says kicking in the CFL closes the door on a mid-season call-up to the NFL, given the season overlap and rules about NFL and CFL contract windows. Which is why he will see what the XFL or USFL has to offer so he could jump straight into the NFL season. His 4 game stint in 2021 in the NFL probably paid him more than a full CFL season would. It may be a pipe dream, but the money logic is sound if he even gets just a mid-season sniff. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Career Earnings: $191,867
Career APY: $191,867
Total Guarantees: $0
Largest Cash Payment: $110,000 (2021)
Largest Cap Number: $110,000 (2021)

Contract History
Team Year Total Amount Earned
Rams 2020 $2,285,000 $0
Panthers 2020 $142,800 $0
Panthers 2021 $660,000 $0
Cowboys 2021 $1,485,000 $0
Cowboys 2021 $165,600 $0
Cowboys 2021 $165,600 $0
Washington 2021 $165,600 $0
Panthers 2021 $1,485,000 $110,000
Cowboys 2022 $1,765,000 $0
Earnings By Team
Team Yrs Salary Paid on Cap
Rams 0 $0 $0
Panthers 1 $118,400 $110,000
Cowboys 0 $55,067 $0
Commanders 0 $18,400 $0

Season History

Year Team Cap
Number
Cash Paid
Total $110,000 $110,000
2021 Panthers $110,000 $110,000

Dead Money History
Team Year Cap Charge
Total $81,867
Panthers 2020 $8,400
Cowboys 2021 $9,200
Cowboys 2021 $45,867
Commanders 2021 $18,400

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You also are a realist. How much salary can a player lose until it's not worth it anymore. 

I agree. However, the XFL or USFL will take the sting out of that somewhat. Kickers are a relatively small community, and is maybe the one position where the same old names circulate year after year as teams don't tend to spend much scouting and developing them. If his availability is there, he is one of a handful of names that will get the call. If he is in the CFL that door closes. Even if he gets a PT gig through an injury he will be earning. Teams are calling him to go straight onto the game day roster. Be different if he were earning CFL QB money, but the pay gap between the Spring Leagues and the CFL for kickers is not that huge.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You also are a realist. How much salary can a player lose until it's not worth it anymore. 

Do not underestimate the power of hope. In one experiment, rats were put into containers of water with no chance of escape. In about two hours, they began to stop swimming and started to drown. They were fished out, allowed to rest overnight and then placed back into the same containers of water. They continued to swim for two days. The difference? The rats now believed that they had hope that they would be saved. Similar events have been recorded for humans.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Do not underestimate the power of hope. In one experiment, rats were put into containers of water with no chance of escape. In about two hours, they began to stop swimming and started to drown. They were fished out, allowed to rest overnight and then placed back into the same containers of water. They continued to swim for two days. The difference? The rats now believed that they had hope that they would be saved. Similar events have been recorded for humans.

We're talking kickers. Not sailors from a shipwreck. Every personnel guy in the NFL knows who Lirim is & what he can do. If he was what they were looking for, he'd have been signed long ago & still kicking in the NFL. There's obviously something they don't like or trust in his ability to kick a football thru the uprights. 

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We're talking kickers. Not sailors from a shipwreck. Every personnel guy in the NFL knows who Lirim is & what he can do. If he was what they were looking for, he'd have been signed long ago & still kicking in the NFL. There's obviously something they don't like or trust in his ability to kick a football thru the uprights. 

We're talking about human beings who often cling to dreams which are really fantasies in the face of all evidence to the contrary. We are driven by emotion, not reality.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We're talking about human beings who often cling to dreams which are really fantasies in the face of all evidence to the contrary. We are driven by emotion, not reality.

Well, it's probably time for Lirim's agent to say the NFL dream is over. He can sign in the CFL & make some decent money.The longer he stays away, I think the more money he loses. The CFL is already trying to cheap out on kickers by recruiting world kickers. So is Randy Ambrosie's CFL 2.0.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, it's probably time for Lirim's agent to say the NFL dream is over. He can sign in the CFL & make some decent money.The longer he stays away, I think the more money he loses. The CFL is already trying to cheap out on kickers by recruiting world kickers. So is Randy Ambrosie's CFL 2.0.

My dream was to play in a Brier. By the time I was 25, I realized my dream was over. Curses to those skips who didn't give me a chance to compete at the provincial level. I tried, I really tried. I'd spend sleepless nights wondering why others got a chance & I didn't. Why didn't they realize I was a human being like them with dreams, emotions & feelings? I was a helluva C Group curler at the Fort Rouge CC with a solid.... SOLID... 55% shooting average. I needed someone to say. "Hey you curl like a piece of crap, Give it up already. The only way you go to the Brier is if you buy a ticket". ;)