Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's not going anywhere.

Yup. You can tell the team and especially Saleh loves him. He's made the team in some capacity. Hoping he gets 3rd string with geriatric statue Flacco the odd man out, but likely not going to happen. Theyre still pretty high on White still so Streveler probably ends up 4th QB on practice roster.

35 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They’re finding out what we already knew. 

You have to love this guy. 

Lol, thats a great tweet.

fully expect Kongbo back tho......he's 4th on depth chart at his position, older than any new competition...undrafted free agent.....not sure if he gets a PR spot there....his best move would be to get back up here....get payed and play. He'd be a huge boost to the defense, and not just due to ratio wise...Desjarlais I see is 4th now as well...tho O-lineman are a different beast...he may do the bounce around dance a yr or so

From all accounts, Flacco is going to be the opening day starter but based on what he has left in the tank, the Jet's would be better off rolling with White while Wilson is out.   All that to say, if Streveler doesn't make that roster in some capacity, it will be a damned travesty.  That kid has EARNED a spot.

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

From all accounts, Flacco is going to be the opening day starter but based on what he has left in the tank, the Jet's would be better off rolling with White while Wilson is out.   All that to say, if Streveler doesn't make that roster in some capacity, it will be a damned travesty.  That kid has EARNED a spot.

yup...but NFL politics and bias' will surely come into play....always does...always will....also have to factor in Strev is what 27 now?....age isnt his friend either for a developmental guy

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

and the love keeps going on

When you watch these post game speeches when time after time after time Saleh has been propping up Strevy, there is no way he retains any credibility with his team if Strevy isn't on it. Look at the excitement of his team mates, this guy is on the team and hopefully sees some game action and shoves some balls up the a$$es of the doubters and haters. Has their been anyone that works harder for so little? Not that I know of.

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

When you watch these post game speeches when time after time after time Saleh has been propping up Strevy, there is no way he retains any credibility with his team if Strevy isn't on it. Look at the excitement of his team mates, this guy is on the team and hopefully sees some game action and shoves some balls up the a$$es of the doubters and haters. Has their been anyone that works harder for so little? Not that I know of.

I dont know about little, he's been paid like 1.5 million since leaving here......

7 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Sorry, I didn't mean financially I meant in terms of respect, whether from the NFL establishment or football fans in general that aren't Bomber fans.

Well, Pat McAfee has finally learned his name after 2+ years of calling him "Strofolski" that has to be worth something

29 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I dont know about little, he's been paid like 1.5 million since leaving here......

But actually isnt being paid anything right now other than them covering his food and accomodations for camp...dont think he got any signing bonus either..so right now working hard just for the chance

13 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. You can tell the team and especially Saleh loves him. He's made the team in some capacity. Hoping he gets 3rd string with geriatric statue Flacco the odd man out, but likely not going to happen. Theyre still pretty high on White still so Streveler probably ends up 4th QB on practice roster.

I don't know much about Robert Salah but he comes across similar to Mike O'Shea... more of a leader/general and culture builder type coach than X's and O's... defensive guys so rarely get HC gigs in the NFL now you kind of have to bring that type of leadership... like Belichick, Tomlin, or John Harbaugh.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

fully expect Kongbo back tho......he's 4th on depth chart at his position, older than any new competition...undrafted free agent.....not sure if he gets a PR spot there....his best move would be to get back up here....get payed and play. He'd be a huge boost to the defense, and not just due to ratio wise...Desjarlais I see is 4th now as well...tho O-lineman are a different beast...he may do the bounce around dance a yr or so

I read somewhere there is a shortage of quality O-lineman in the NFL right now... I would expect Desjarlais to stick around the NFL in some capacity for a couple years

15 hours ago, Rich said:

NHL seems more generous than the NFL.

https://winnipegfinancialplanning.com/nhl-pension/

That’s both really interesting and kinda sad. Considering the wear a football player faces and how much more money is made in the nfl. 
 I’ll have to check out mlb now it’ll be interesting to see how they do it with the minors. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Sounds like they really like him. He might sit on their pr a bit to keep pushing the young guys. And he might get another offer or two based on his strong reviews in Broncos camp. But he won’t become a starter in the nfl that way. But he also won’t become a starter in the nfl by backing up and rotating in the cfl. That said it’d be huge to get him back.  

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yup...but NFL politics and bias' will surely come into play....always does...always will....also have to factor in Strev is what 27 now?....age isnt his friend either for a developmental guy

Not to mention his pension status. The NFL owners are known for collectively blackballing guys like him.

42 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't know much about Robert Salah but he comes across similar to Mike O'Shea... more of a leader/general and culture builder type coach than X's and O's... defensive guys so rarely get HC gigs in the NFL now you kind of have to bring that type of leadership... like Belichick, Tomlin, or John Harbaugh.

I read somewhere there is a shortage of quality O-lineman in the NFL right now... I would expect Desjarlais to stick around the NFL in some capacity for a couple years

Desjarlais is not having a particularly strong camp from what I have read, but we shall see what his coaching staff thinks of him vs the self declared experts.

Kongbo is in that no-mans wasteland zone in the NFL...good enough to PR as depth...to back up a back up....but not good enough to ever become defacto starter...his age is creeping up, and every year there are so many of his body types graduating with more unknown ceilings that he will never get that true shot. Its just the lay of the land down there. 

His best chance to play...make decent money is up here...as a National and one who could play as a starter, he would make nice coin, and as a rotational piece here, he played just as many or damn close to as many reps as the actual "starters"

Desjarlais too...he may do the Gray thing...and in 2 yrs be back...who knows...maybe he just wants to play...gets a nice pro-rated deal for 2022 and comes up for another chance at a ring...get more playtime and film and can revisit the NFL next year....Or maybe he just decides to have a career up here and likely make 200k plus a yr....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Kongbo is in that no-mans wasteland zone in the NFL...

....Or maybe he just decides to have a career up here and likely make 200k plus a yr....

Likely Kongbo makes it back with us......

Desjarlis at 200K plus a year would do the trick AND man the years service we could get for that, would be well worth the coin...guy is a monster 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That’s both really interesting and kinda sad. Considering the wear a football player faces and how much more money is made in the nfl. 
 I’ll have to check out mlb now it’ll be interesting to see how they do it with the minors. 

NFL is also the only of the major 4 sports leagues to not have guaranteed contracts.   Weaker union?  Too many college players who could slip into game action as opposed to other leagues?   Not sure why football is behind the other leagues in some of these areas.

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Likely Kongbo makes it back with us......

Desjarlis at 200K plus a year would do the trick AND man the years service we could get for that, would be well worth the coin...guy is a 

And it's about earning money when u can...desjarlais could make more as a starter here than PR money there...especially if he is bouncing from and on and off a PR ...U only get paid if you on one. 

Like to see all our guys make a roster but right from get go figured Kongbo would be most likely to be back this yr...for him I hope not..and he still may stick..but he would be a welcome addition and I sure this is where he would want to be