Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

That's such an old way of thinking that needs to change. I think it's more powerful to recognize a mistake and adjust accordingly. Many of the world's problems result from people backed into a corner and unable to reverse course on a decision.

Paging Noeller and his frequent terrible takes :D     

While it's an old way of thinking, it's only human nature for people wanting to follow a confident leader.   Colin isn't wrong when he says that society lives in a world where men look weak when they waffle or even worse when one is a milque toast.   

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Paging Noeller and his frequent terrible takes :D     

While it's an old way of thinking, it's only human nature for people wanting to follow a confident leader.   Colin isn't wrong when he says that society lives in a world where men look weak when they waffle or even worse when one is a milque toast.   

sure...but why was this brought up at all...?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don't want a leader who will confidently March people in the wrong direction. I want people who will listen and can admit when they were mistaken. Changing your mind isn't weakness, it's being a rational person.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't want a leader who will confidently March people in the wrong direction. I want people who will listen and can admit when they were mistaken. Changing your mind isn't weakness, it's being a rational person.

Even the old guys had it right.

Francis Bacon
“If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.”
 Francis Bacon, The Oxford Francis Bacon IV: The Advancement of Learning

Walt Whitman
“I like the scientific spirit—the holding off, the being sure but not too sure, the willingness to surrender ideas when the evidence is against them: this is ultimately fine—it always keeps the way beyond open—always gives life, thought, affection, the whole man, a chance to try over again after a mistake—after a wrong guess.”
 Walt Whitman, Walt Whitman's Camden Conversations

On 2023-05-16 at 8:27 AM, Colin Unger said:

For men, I think that there definitely is an expectation to make a decision and stick to it.  Men look weak when they flip flop on decisions. It creates distress for others because they never know what to trust. 

is this in response to something or just your random musings for the day??

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

this is actually perfectly said... can't believe I'm saying that about a @17to85 post... I kid, I kid 😁

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

is this in response to something or just your random musings for the day??

this is actually perfectly said... can't believe I'm saying that about a @17to85 post... I kid, I kid 😁

It's the reality.  Many people look down on indicisive men. I believe someone had talked about whether it would have made Riley look bad if he had changed his mind about leaving Winnipeg.  I was responding to that. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

it's a result of having lived a life in the Bible Belt of southern Manitoba....... where men are men!! 

Men here are same as anywhere else. I've lived all over.

Who gives a flying **** about whether or not someone looks down on you? If someone looks down on you for any reason, **** them! 

Any person can be anything they want... And nobody should ever be judged for it. 

Unless you're an *******, who doesn't love everyone equally... Then we can judge you for being an *******. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Who gives a flying **** about whether or not someone looks down on you? If someone looks down on you for any reason, **** them! 

Any person can be anything they want... And nobody should ever be judged for it. 

Unless you're an *******, who doesn't love everyone equally... Then we can judge you for being an *******. 

Unless you’re a Toronto Maple Leaf - then you cannot be a Stanley Cup Champion 😉