TSN willed the Bombers to Defeat

I knew the blue would be hard pressed to go undefeated but I do not recall such biased announcing as has happened the last few bomber games since watching the Jets play anyone on Hockey Night in Canada.

Those clowns, perhaps not the panel, but everyone else wanted the bombers to lose. It is ridiculous since this is the least arrogant ( excluding Mr. Miller) organization ever.

Am I wearing blue coloured goggles on this one? 

1 minute ago, sportmentary2012 said:

I knew the blue would be hard pressed to go undefeated but I do not recall such biased announcing as has happened the last few bomber games since watching the Jets play anyone on Hockey Night in Canada.

Those clowns, perhaps not the panel, but everyone else wanted the bombers to lose. It is ridiculous since this is the least arrogant ( excluding Mr. Miller) organization ever.

Yes

1 hour ago, sportmentary2012 said:

Blame tsn all you want. They lost cause you didn't bring enough positive energy.

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I forgot what it's like around this place after a loss.

It's definitely been awhile.  Almost too long.  All of this pent up looniness had no outlet until now.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Blame tsn all you want. They lost cause you didn't bring enough positive energy.

Michelle Buteau Firstwivesclub GIF by BET

On 2022-08-12 at 5:49 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I am not 'blaming' them. The schedule was  unforgiving, the kicker missed a makeable kick, the oline played poorly and I did not think they would go undefeated but TSN  has ben annoying to watch since  they were 6-0 culminating with Thursday night's debacle.

On 2022-08-12 at 6:57 PM, Geebrr said:

😂 Honestly 

Did you all miss my point? * I do not think the sky is falling after one loss 1 loss although I think  the Al's and Argos both exposed the blue's weaknesses.

I was was simply curious if anyone else was annoyed with the TSN narrative since  the winning streak started specifically in the last 3 weeks.

At least I am not blaming the WAVE

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, we had Duane Forde proclaiming that Rourke would win the Most Outstanding Canadian AND Most Outstanding Player at the league's award banquet during Grey Cup week yesterday. His bias against Winnipeg is getting annoying. 

You literally said this yourself 3 days ago to another poster who yelled bias about a TV commentator:

SpeedFlex27

On 2022-08-11 at 9:52 PM, captaincanuck12 said: 

Nielsen showing his bias saying the third down was automatic for Davis.

That's bias? It's his opinion.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

This team needed one to get away. If they were to walk into the West Final undefeated they'd have heads so big they'd be getting tested for steroids.

On that 9-0 streak, there were certainly 2 games that fell into their lap:

When TO's missed the PAT that would've tied it up and sent it to OT.

When CAL at IGF looked to have the answer, only to have Kamar Jordan cough it up to Houston in spectacular fashion.

You'll lose some along the way. The way I look at it, they probably should've lost the two mentioned above, but they were blessed by the Football Gods. So on that level they're 2-1.

First thing's first, no one outside of Manitoba wants the Bombers doing well, for the same reason no one outside of Manitoba wants the Jets doing well: we're small potatoes media-wise compared to all other markets. How dare Winnipeg have success over the Torontos, Vancouvers and Montreals! The Bombers are the little guys, they're supposed to get beat down, and they're supposed to take their lumps and like it. They should consider themselves lucky to even be in this league!

What does that mean? Our road to any modicum of success is always going to be longer, harder and more arduous than the other markets. We're always going to be scrutinized harder, judged harsher, never be given the benefit of the doubt, and we have to play near perfect to earn any attention or respect in this league.

So to any players that read this forum: let this motivate you.

How do you beat a bully? Punch them in the teeth. Make the critics eat their words by being the best.

Be proud. Play professionally. Play for one another. Play as a team.

That is what we do. That is Blue Bomber football.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, we had Duane Forde proclaiming that Rourke would win the Most Outstanding Canadian AND Most Outstanding Player at the league's award banquet during Grey Cup week yesterday. His bias against Winnipeg is getting annoying. 

It would be an absolute shock if he didn’t win both awards.

Edited by Jesse

1 hour ago, Potential said:

First thing's first, no one outside of Manitoba wants the Bombers doing well, for the same reason no one outside of Manitoba wants the Jets doing well: we're small potatoes media-wise compared to all other markets. How dare Winnipeg have success over the Torontos, Vancouvers and Montreals! The Bombers are the little guys, they're supposed to get beat down, and they're supposed to take their lumps and like it. They should consider themselves lucky to even be in this league!

Very funny. Two of the teams you're using as examples have been bailed out by the league. All 3 teams have attendance problems. 

5 hours ago, Potential said:

What does that mean? Our road to any modicum of success is always going to be longer, harder and more arduous than the other markets. We're always going to be scrutinized harder, judged harsher, never be given the benefit of the doubt, and we have to play near perfect to earn any attention or respect in this league.

So to any players that read this forum: let this motivate you.

How do you beat a bully? Punch them in the teeth. Make the critics eat their words by being the best.

Be proud. Play professionally. Play for one another. Play as a team.

That is what we do. That is Blue Bomber football.

No, I don't agree with that. For CFL standards, we're not a small market. We're considered midsized with a Greater Winnipeg population of 800,000 . Bigger than Regina & Hamilton but smaller than the rest but not by much. We have a more solid fanbase than Calgary or Vancouver, Montreal & Toronto. We have a modern stadium that seats 33,000. We've won 12 Grey Cups which is third behind Toronto (17) & Edmonton (14). People here appreciate the team's legacy & what it means to the City.

People don't hate the Bombers outside of Winnipeg like they do the Riders because our fanbase aren't cocky & arrogant jerks. If anything, fans from other teams can't get their heads around the fact we went 29 years without winning a championship. Now we've won 2 in a row & might win 3. And we have 12 GC's to 8 in a place like Calgary who've been dominant for nearly 30 years. How can that be, Stamps fans ask? So, it's not really hate per se. It's just other fanbases being dumbfounded.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Very funny. Two of the teams you're using as examples have been bailed out by the league. All 3 teams have attendance problems. 

Well, that was exactly the point I was making - the sheer hypocrisy of the sports media to have this position when we are a pillar of stability and strength financially for the league right now, is head-scratching.

I've been trying to be positive and galvanize support for the team because some were having a hard time with the loss... and then get a bunch of eye rolls. 

I think I'm going to take a break from this place for a while.

31 minutes ago, Potential said:

Well, that was exactly the point I was making - the sheer hypocrisy of the sports media to have this position when we are a pillar of stability and strength financially for the league right now, is head-scratching.

I've been trying to be positive and galvanize support for the team because some were having a hard time with the loss... and then get a bunch of eye rolls. 

I think I'm going to take a break from this place for a while.

Okay Bye GIFs | Tenor