Kicking Discussion

White Out

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-08-11 at 9:25 PM, White Out said:

I don't even care if that's the right spelling of his name, it's been perfectly obvious since he got here that he's a terrible place kicker. I don't know how in the world a management team that can win back-to-back Grey Cups still keeps trotting him out.

LOL @ op.

What an idiot

Great 55 yard game winning kick. Love the side slide to dodge the defender in a almost blocked punt, to get the punt off successfully... and it was a good punt to boot

Nice to see he is progressing. I am feeling more comfortable with him as our kicker. 

Thought I would toss in some well deserved praise. I skewered him on his misses, so I figured I should be fair and give kudos when deserved.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...especially since he was what..something like the all time kicker in Canadian university? Or something like that?...its called development...and patience...dont ruin him and he can be a fixture here doing 3 roles for 10 yrs..or more

Hopefully sticks around but the draw of playing closer to home might be hard to compete with.

Leggs had it all going on yesterday....That move to elude a sure blocked punt was fantastic....The long range field goal was just icing on the cake for him in that one...This has to be the biggest confidence builder he could want right about now....Keep er going Leggs ....you the man

Teammates loved it too! Collaros tweeted out the kick and commented on his twitter which is usually pretty dormant.

4 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Yup, I was one of his naysayers, but he was clutch yesterday. Deserves all the credit for making that big kick in a hostile environment..

Me too. Big time kick and side step punt was a thing of beauty. Hope he keeps it up. We'll need him down the stretch and in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Teammates loved it too! Collaros tweeted out the kick and commented on his twitter which is usually pretty dormant.

Me too. Big time kick and side step punt was a thing of beauty. Hope he keeps it up. We'll need him down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Ah yes, almost forgot that punt play. Very good move to get that away. Wow. Was probably equally as impressive. 

2 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

To me getting that punt off versus having it blocked or being tackled for a TOD was just as big a play as the 55 yard game winning FG. Leggs erased that Montreal game from my mind yesterday. Great game from him!

He erased it against CGY already 

1 minute ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

That wasn't quite enough for me. Against Calgary he had a game you should be able to expect from any pro on any night. That didn't make up for the Montreal game. Yesterday did.

Agree. He really should have made that montreal kick, but, nailing a 55 yarder on the Labour Day to win easily erases that bad taste from my mouth.

22 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

That wasn't quite enough for me. Against Calgary he had a game you should be able to expect from any pro on any night. That didn't make up for the Montreal game. Yesterday did.

If he was weak...and broken...he would have botched a convert or two...missed his field goal...yesterday just confirms he's In  a good head space and on his way...