Week 10 - LOLouettes @ The Back-to-Back Champs - GDT

JCon

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If you wanna tell the world that you're dim and don't really understand football, you blame Legs, who's kicking 90+% while doing all 3 jobs (and punted and kicked off magnificently tonight). 

Rare was the time people lauded him for the games we won with his kicks, but as soon as he misses one, people lose their ****. **** off. 

The “not surprising it didn’t happen sooner” was relating to the team bit getting gassed out sooner due to not having a bye for 10 weeks, with this asinine schedule. To be clear, You 100% can not pin this loss squarely on those misses. 

I like Liegghio. Like I said in the other thread, he’s the best punter in the country right now. Just needs more seasoning in the clutch FG situations. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If you wanna tell the world that you're dim and don't really understand football, you blame Legs, who's kicking 90+% while doing all 3 jobs (and punted and kicked off magnificently tonight). 

Rare was the time people lauded him for the games we won with his kicks, but as soon as he misses one, people lose their ****. **** off. 

Dudes job is hit kicks. Especially 35 and 37 yard kicks. There were a number of reasons for the loss but, I suppose if you are ignorant and can't see what's blatantly in front of you, then you would applaude his efforts.

Kid can't kick in big moments. It happened last year too. The oline, some poor play calling, and a bad call by the ref contributed too. We litterly watched him shank it and lose the game. There's blame on him. Lol

I suppose Stegalls comments tonight on the post game makes him dim. He doesn't understand football, that milt guy 

Edited by CodyT

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Dudes job is hit kicks. Especially 35 and 37 yard kicks. There were a number of reasons for the loss but, I suppose if you are ignorant and can't see what's blatantly in front of you, then you would applaude his efforts.

Kid can't kick in big moments. It happened last year too. The oline, some poor play calling, and a bad call by the ref contributed too. We litterly watched him shank it and lose the game. There's blame on him. Lol

I suppose Stegalls comments tonight on the post game makes him dim. He doesn't understand football, that milt guy 

Even the normally level headed Bob Irving isn't happy with leggs! What a bad fan. Lol

1 minute ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Even the normally level headed Bob Irving isn't happy with leggs! What a bad fan. Lol

He just doesn't get it! That "dim" wit. I actually get what Noellers saying. He is handling 3 gigs and doing a pretty good job this season generally speaking. The whole team played bad tonight.

There's no ifs ands or buts around it though. Kid ****** shanked it. 😆 I hope leggs will be a good consistent kicker in this league. **** happens. Let's hope it doesn't happen again, or happen when it really counts.

What bothers me about these forums is that the minute you had a difference of opinion of someone your condescendingly told youre an idiot

5 minutes ago, CodyT said:

He just doesn't get it! That "dim" wit. I actually get what Noellers saying. He is handling 3 gigs and doing a pretty good job this season generally speaking. The whole team played bad tonight.

There's no ifs ands or buts around it though. Kid ****** shanked it. 😆 I hope leggs will be a good consistent kicker in this league. **** happens. Let's hope it doesn't happen again, or happen when it really counts.

What bothers me about these forums is that the minute you had a difference of opinion of someone your condescendingly told youre an idiot

Yup. Don't mind having differing opinions, but don't start calling others down. 

Legs can't kick under pressure. He proved it again last night. When he absolutely needed to make that kick to win the game he couldn't do it. He had a chance to redeem himself a minute later & he hit the upright. We all knew bad kicking would cost us a game. It finally did. not good enough.

There were other reasons we lost the game. Our OL absolutely stunk the joint out all game. Something needs to be done. We can't just stand pat. The line is beginning to look like it's 2015 with Drew Willy back there which is a scary thought as it's Zach Collaros taking snaps & not Willy. If he goes down the season is over. 

The D that prides itself on being so stingy as well as in the 4th quarter couldn't stop a journeyman Trevor Harris & the Als offense after the Collaros fumble as they marched downfield. On a couple of plays the secondary looked mesmerized & seemed to just watch the ball being caught by Als receivers.  Rutledge lining up offside. The Bomber offense going into a shell trying not to lose the game by running the ball to Oliveira instead of going after the Als jugular. At least throw the ball once. Maybe we'll get a first down & continue to shave time off the clock & we end up scoring another TD. The last series was so LaPo it wasn't funny. 

So, it wasn't all Legs fault although his mistakes were for all to see. The Bomber D, Buck Pierce, the OL can all take equal credit for the loss last night. I just hope Walters & O'Shea sit down & try to address the problems in the 2 weeks we have off. Thanks ******* God this team has a bye!

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Legs can't kick under pressure. He proved it again last night. When he absolutely needed to make that kick to win the game he couldn't do it. He had a chance to redeem himself a minute later & he hit the upright. We all knew bad kicking would cost us a game. It finally did. not good enough.

There were other reasons we lost the game. Our OL absolutely stunk the joint out all game. Something needs to be done. We can't just stand pat. The line is beginning to look like it's 2015 with Drew Willy back there which is a scary thought as it's Zach Collaros taking snaps & not Willy. If he goes down the season is over. 

The D that prides itself on being so stingy as well as in the 4th quarter couldn't stop a journeyman Trevor Harris & the Als offense after the Collaros fumble as they marched downfield. On a couple of plays the secondary looked mesmerized & seemed to just watch the ball being caught by Als receivers.  Rutledge lining up offside. The Bomber offense going into a shell trying not to lose the game by running the ball to Oliveira instead of going after the Als jugular. At least throw the ball once. Maybe we'll get a first down & continue to shave time off the clock & we end up scoring another TD. The last series was so LaPo it wasn't funny. 

So, it wasn't all Legs fault although his mistakes were for all to see. The Bomber D, Buck Pierce, the OL can all take equal credit for the loss last night. In just hope Walters & O'Shea sit down & try to address the problems in the 2 weeks we have off. Thanks ******* God this team has a bye!

I think 2 weeks off will solve a lot of these problems. They need a break 

Less worried about the OL and more worried about Buck's ability to scheme for pressure, and scheme in a way that Collaros will run it.  Collaros has a lot of blame here too, he has a way he wants to run a pass game and it relies on having a lot of time to move the ball downfield.  Have to adjust to the D a bit sooner than the 3rd quarter.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nobody's happy with it.

But don't let it distract from the offensive dump that was taken on that field tonight for the most part.

Yes a lot of blame to go around. I'm not saying it's all on Leggio. Although his mistakes were pretty costly, even with all the mistakes we made, we should have won that game 9 times outta 10. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

What about this team makes you think they aren't going to come out spitting fire after the bye? 

My concern is the playoffs & if we can win with the OL playing at the low level it is now. I understand we're starting 8 Canadians. Perhaps we bring in some American OL who are NFL cuts. Work them out & choose the best  taking out one of our Canadian OL (likely Neufeld). Insert an American in his place at guard. To me, it's got to be done.  We have to protect Collaros. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My concern is the playoffs & if we can win with the OL playing at the low level it is now. I understand we're starting 8 Canadians. Perhaps we bring in some American OL who are NFL cuts. Work them out & choose the best  taking out one of our Canadian OL (likely Neufeld). Insert an American in his place at guard. To me, it's got to be done.  We have to protect Collaros. 

Already have guys here.

I'd certainly rather have an American who can block in the interior than Greg McCrae out there to flip the ball to Grant immediately if he touches it on kick return.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What about this team makes you think they aren't going to come out spitting fire after the bye? 

Exactly.

Meh

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Bryant was struggling last night. STANLEY BRYANT.  Either he's playing hurt or there are problems with the protection scheme, as JBR keeps pointing out. 

He has been hurt basically all year