Week 10 - LOLouettes @ The Back-to-Back Champs - GDT

JCon

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Liegghio looked like he was crying after the OT kick.  Hopefully he takes this in stride and improves.  It's really not a game that matters in the grand scheme of things.

He's a great punter although it takes him relatively forever to get his punts off which is dangerous.

He is a human being. Let's not forget that. However, it is his job to kick.  He clearly just doesn't have it. Game should never have gone to overtime. Kick the crap out of that f****** ball

1 minute ago, Spud Grant said:

Everyone saying that you should play for the TD on the last drive is wrong. 99% of CFL players get at least the rouge on that kick. Apparently we have the one bum who doesn’t 

99%?  What about a **** snap, which is was, but the holder can't snag?  What about a block?  Not 99%.

There's no reason to shut that drive down at 1:10 and just run clock.  Our O can finish the game.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Again we have an import dressed on O who doesn't see the field.  I guess at least only one this week.  McCrae only plays on kickoff return.

Need to make better use of the roster on the import side.

So what? The inconsistent kicker missed again that's why we lost. Not because of one one player being used alot or not.

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

He is a human being. Let's not forget that. However, it is his job to kick.  He clearly just doesn't have it. Game should never have gone to overtime. Kick the crap out of that f****** ball

Kickers league wide are pretty bad right now.  Not sure we'd do better.  Maybe Castillo is more "clutch" but he's only a 80% guy who's getting paid as much as a lot of our veteran starters on O and D.

The als kicker missed a 20 yard fg also 

People love the piling on but you can't keep waking up in the 4th quarter after doing nothing for 3 quarters and expect to win. 

Als were the better team tonight 

Trevor Harris moved the ball at will against our vaunted D. Collaros fumbled resulting in a Montreal TD. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, MrFreakzilla said:

So what? The inconsistent kicker missed again that's why we lost. Not because of one one player being used alot or not.

Could be an OL that makes a difference on a bunch of plays in the game and it's a 38-17 win.

The reason why it comes down to the kicker is a lot of poor play and decision making in this game.  Collaros holds the ball forever then fumbles at 17-10 to hand the ball to the Als.  Throw that away, we make a kick there and it's 20-10.

Just now, Spud Grant said:

Everyone saying that you should play for the TD on the last drive is wrong. 99% of CFL players get at least the rouge on that kick. Apparently we have the one bum who doesn’t 

The snap looked a little off which also made the timing off. It looked like Liegghio tried to punch it through instead of a nice easy kicking motion like he would normally do. He panicked. The second kick he hit it a bit wide. Stll had the yips from the fist kick. I was just about ready to start believing that he able to put all that crud he keeps in his head aside. Guess I was wrong. If he can't handle the pressure then find someone who can.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The als kicker missed a 20 yard fg also 

People love the piling on but you can't keep waking up in the 4th quarter after doing nothing for 3 quarters and expect to win. 

Als were the better team tonight 

Trevor Harris moved the ball at will against our vaunted D. Collaros fumbled resulting in a Montreal TD. 

Als DL was awesome but the Bombers handed this one over.

Relax, the sky is not falling.  We were not going to go 18-0 this year. Every kicker in the world has missed important kicks. I would be more concerned with our offensive line, which as the season goes on seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Mybe the byes will help the refresh and help them to get better for the home stretch.  Both defensive and offensive lines were handled very well by Montreal.  I hope that the Trevor Harris haters on this forum will eat some crow. He played a very good game with no interceptions and some very good throws under clutch situations and did not seem to be fazed by our pass rush

The O should be the big concern out of this one.  O plays reasonably well and you don't need any last second or OT kicks.

Seems like the only guy they use in quick game to beat pressure is Bailey.  And IMO that's about the 5th best option on the field to get the ball to.  Oliviera has even passed him.

Buck needs to figure out how to deal with pressure.  They need to convince Collaros to buy into some quick game and then can work in the downfield stuff off that.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

99%?  What about a **** snap, which is was, but the holder can't snag?  What about a block?  Not 99%.

There's no reason to shut that drive down at 1:10 and just run clock.  Our O can finish the game.

Ok, what about a fumble (which happened on the previous drive) , what about an INT. The Oline was porous today. You want to drop collaros back again? If you don’t have faith in a kicker getting a 30 yard rouge then he should be off the team. 

Liegghio sympathizers will blame everyone (including the coaches aparently)! Before him. 

Edited by Spud Grant

Just now, Spud Grant said:

Ok, what about a fumble (which happened on the previous drive) , what about an INT. The Oline was porous today. You want to drop collaros back again? If you don’t have faith in a kicker getting a 30 yard rouge then he should be off the team. 

Yeah all possibilities.

I trust our QB and guys on O a lot more to handle the pressure of handling the ball than I do a long snapper and kicker who run kicks under pressure about twice a game.

But just my point of view, and I coach at a level where our kickers usually are pretty awful so maybe that's a bias I have.

With 30 seconds left ok play for the fg.. with 1 minute left, go 4 the TD 

I believe we had about 1 minute 4 seconds to go. Playing for the fg essentially cost us the game 

Shanks happen,  bad snaps or holds especially with prukop back,  could hit the upright. No guarantee kicking the Rouge works either.

Edited by Goalie

Montreal needed a generous DPI and a very fortunate offside to score their touchdowns. Not too worried about that. Would have been nice for us to get the DPI call in overtime in my opinion but oh well. Refs were their usual inconsistent selves.

Montreal's defense deserves full credit though. They got after it and kept them alive all game. Our OL is dinged up and needs the bye badly. Offense still needs to find their identity too. 

I'm not confident in Legs but would be stunned if we moved on. He has had a mostly good year and kickers across the league are not very good. We are gonna ride it out I think. 

Poorly played game on our part and fitting to lose on kicks after benefiting earlier in the year. Get healthy and carry on. At least TSN can stop talking about the various streaks.