LOLouettes @ Back 2 Back Champs: Week Of Thread

Noeller

21 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Isn’t this Augustine’s role?

As for Agudosi, I think he has more than just getting healthy to prove. There was at least one play in his game that he couldn’t get to the ball as he was too tired, you could just see he was gassed. Should have “Banks” himself and headed to the sidelines. 

Yeah I guess what I'm saying is someone more on the receiver side to backup Demski and Wolitarsky.

To my mind when Alexander is ready to go I'd prefer he take McCrae off the roster.  McCrae doesn't do anything on special teams but be the second KR guy, but I feel like they have him on because of his potential utility on O if someone goes down.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd be happy to replace Bailey with Agudosi. Agudosi does everything Bailey can do plus some. Wolly stays due to passport.

Agudosi does not do everything Bailey does at all.

I suppose it may be true if you believe that the only requirement as a receiver is to catch footballs. I don’t love it for him because it really stifles production but there’s a reason Bailey took over for Darvin’s spot. Hugely important for our offense. 

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

I suppose it may be true if you believe that the only requirement as a receiver is to catch footballs. I don’t love it for him because it really stifles production but there’s a reason Bailey took over for Darvin’s spot. Hugely important for our offense. 

Seems to me the only thing agudosi has am edge on Bailey for his height and catch radius. 

Not sure why people always sell Bailey so short. That's a damned fine player there.

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Gotta say- I don't hate em. Kinda like them.  WOuld I shell out cash for them... perhaps.

I saw a few people wearing them at the game in Calgary, they looked nice, not sure I'd buy one but they looked ok.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Seems to me the only thing agudosi has am edge on Bailey for his height and catch radius. 

Not sure why people always sell Bailey so short. That's a damned fine player there.

Seems like every Bailey catch is a tough one, he is a beast.  He has been overshadowed this year by the emergence of Shoen, but has been heating up lately.  He will be key should we get more injuries.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

What can Bailey do that Agudosi can't? He's proven he can block, run in the slot, make guys miss, and high point the ball. It's not a slight on Bailey, it's praise for Agudosi.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Bailey is a good player but few on this team are so well ensconced that they do not need to be challenged.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

If everyone is healthy, I’m not rolling Agudosi out in my 5 receiver sets. He’s got a spot, but our receivers are all just so so good at what they do.

I’m not taking Bailey or Drew out, they’re too important as blockers. 

It was a small sample size but agudosi looked like a fantastic blocker. He’s insanely strong for such a long lean athlete. He also has great upside on sts. 
 That said I don’t think it’s time to make that move. Bailey hasn’t played poor this year he just hasn’t gotten the looks.  
 I would love to keep agudosi on the roster with the other 5 as a di but we wouldn’t use him well. 

24 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I’d prefer more of a rotation like the D line. I don’t like the either or, there needs to be some situations of both. 

Yeup. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Logos don't go on the front of football jerseys. Those things suck. The regular Home and Aways are the best kits you could ever ask for. Don't **** with that. 

Well, they have. 

Edited by Rod Black

26 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Do any turn up there? I'd do some terrible things for an early 90's Dunigan jersey.

That's my white whale, for sure. I check every day for old Bombers gear and my favourite treasure so far is my 63 (no name plate) from somewhere in between 88-92 I think. Really want to find a Dunigan from his time here.... I know they're out there because I see them at the stadium. Hopefully one day it goes up for grabs. 

Randomly, there's some dude who has access to Bombers game worn stuff and has sold a few Doug Brown game worn helmets. They go for around 500 bucks so outta my range, but it's crazy to see that up for sale... 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Do any turn up there? I'd do some terrible things for an early 90's Dunigan jersey.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/203920485070?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aSyoYSa3TwW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=8PLOYLXSSiu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

I'm not dropping 200 for it, but it's out there... 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Totally agree. Bailey is gritty as hell, runs sweeps, blocks, makes tough catches. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

What can Bailey do that Agudosi can't? He's proven he can block, run in the slot, make guys miss, and high point the ball. It's not a slight on Bailey, it's praise for Agudosi.

I don’t think you can say Agudosi has proved anything. He’s played in one game.

I have doubts we ever see him again, tbh.

Edited by Jesse

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Do any of it for more than a single game. He had an unbelievable game for us. I will definitely cheer for any success that comes his way.

But you know who else looked like a world beater for us after one game? Greg Carr.