LOLouettes @ Back 2 Back Champs: Week Of Thread

Noeller

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't see the point of pushing Ellingson into duty right now unless he's 100% good to go.  Otherwise let him have the bye-week to get really healed up.

Like someone had mentioned,if he's healthy then play em. Doctors likely wouldn't put em out there mid season if he was hurt,he'd likely not be "hurt" if it was the playoffs though.

37 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Like someone had mentioned,if he's healthy then play em. Doctors likely wouldn't put em out there mid season if he was hurt,he'd likely not be "hurt" if it was the playoffs though.

Yes of course.  I am reading Delvin Breaux's autobiography and it's pretty eye opening in terms of how the CFL and NFL treat their players.  The CFL seems to allow players to get healthy while the NFL just wants to send everyone out injured, to get even more injured, because it's basically just a meat grinder and they have hundreds of other guys waiting to step in.  Interesting take and a good look on the CFL.

48 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes of course.  I am reading Delvin Breaux's autobiography and it's pretty eye opening in terms of how the CFL and NFL treat their players.  The CFL seems to allow players to get healthy while the NFL just wants to send everyone out injured, to get even more injured, because it's basically just a meat grinder and they have hundreds of other guys waiting to step in.  Interesting take and a good look on the CFL.

What’s that called, I hadn’t heard about it?

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

What’s that called, I hadn’t heard about it?

https://www.amazon.ca/Unbreauxken-Story-Delvin-Breaux/dp/057880879X

He went to the NFL after playing in Hamilton and got totally screwed over by the New Orleans Saints.  Good insight into what football players have to face in both leagues.  I highly recommend this book.  

On 2022-08-08 at 10:51 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

3Down has been talking about this. Apparently with a win the Bombers would be the first CFL club ever to win 400 home games in their franchise history. Calgary was at 399 but the Bomber win two weeks ago denied them the claim to be first. And the Bombers play before Calgary this week. FYI Edmonton has been stuck at 397 home wins since 2019. 

Yes sorry it was 400 HOME wins. I should’ve specified. 

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's a nice depth chart even with some great players on the injured list.  No holes there.  I'd like to see a bit of Brian Cole on D.  Looks fast af on special teams.  Bet he could play some safety/rover role on 2nd down and come downhill at some receivers with punishment.

can't wait to get BA back at safety.  Then there really won't be any holes.

50 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Ellingson returns???  Oh boy the LOLs better watch out.   Zach won't have the same miscues as last week.   Is it Thursday yet????  LFG!!!

Open question for the group - when Agudosi heals up, and assuming everyone else stays healthy, who would be your starting 5 receivers?

A) Ellingson, Schoen, Bailey, Demski, Wolitarsky 

B ) Ellingson, Schoen, Agudosi, Demski, Wolitarsky

C) Ellingson, Schoen, Agudosi, Bailey, Demski (drop to 7 starting Canucks)

D) Ellingson, Schoen, Bailey, Wolitarsky, Agudosi (make Demski the back-up RB to Oliviera) 

E) remove Oliviera and run a six receiver set!

F) other

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's a nice depth chart even with some great players on the injured list.  No holes there.  I'd like to see a bit of Brian Cole on D.  Looks fast af on special teams.  Bet he could play some safety/rover role on 2nd down and come downhill at some receivers with punishment.

Like that Cole...yup

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Open question for the group - when Agudosi heals up, and assuming everyone else stays healthy, who would be your starting 5 receivers?

D) Ellingson, Schoen, Bailey, Wolitarsky, Agudosi (make Demski the back-up RB to Oliviera) 

F) other

and prob be a Mcrae and Agudosi swap....with recievers rotating around...be a very nice group....

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

F) other

Think Agudosi being back will be a 2023 question.

But if we had Agudosi back or wanted to beef up the receiving core with Harrison over McCrae that's an easy swap in.  Use the extra import receiver as a DI.

I would like to see the Bombers bring in either a Canadian back or receiver who could contribute to backup Demski/Wolitarsky/Oliviera

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

F) other

C. I believe that's the best receiving corps we could put on field. You got a big body at wide and a scary set of slot receiver's.

Edited by Nolby